blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:20:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 474 475 [476] 477 478 479 480 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1421207 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7125 on: July 27, 2015, 04:58:06 AM »

Today was such a great day. Such a sense of relief, playing with no distractions and following everything I said felt so so great. I've wrote here previously that I've "played great" etc but theres no way I can play close to A game without avoiding all distractions. For the first 10 hours of my session I managed it today and had huge stacks in almost every tournament, felt so good.

Won the Sunday Brawl again for 20k with bounties
Won 2 EPT packages
3rd in the nl08 progressive
10th in the Sunday rebuy which was a little painful
10th in the Mega deep (not going to moan but pretty sure I lost JJ v TT v TT for 2/9 Cheesy took it very well weirdly

Had lots of other cashes too, million, last 30 in 2nd chance, 215 turbo, won an Estrellas package.

All in all just really happy. Opened up the first lobby of the day to see if horses had done anything and we got a 1st/3rd in the Kickoff for 40k with Dan Carter and Monda. V happy for them both.

Feel so optimistic moving forward. Have a 5 star chef cooking me requested food 3 times a day every day for the foreseeable future, got a ridiculously good deal. All the other guys are paying around 1400e a month, but for some reason I've got it for 300e. Seems too good to be true, lets see how it goes.

In terms of grinding next I guess I'll probably play Tuesday, but thinking of taking off grinding all week until next Sunday and just make sure everything in life is super +ev. I'm obviously a degenerate and will be grinding the 109r in 12 hours though..

Have been watching a lot of final tables both live when friends are on or replays of big final tables. Its crazy how regs are taking developed strategies and using them in the wrong place. Using incorrect sizings with their whole range, randomly deciding to lead flops/turns with apparent no good reason. I was looking at the stats of some of the guys who play really tight and it may look weird that they win so much, but if regs are forever trying to develop new strategies and failing, or failing to put into practice what they think they've learned then they are going to be making way bigger mistakes than guys who are just playing slightly too tight. One tip today would be that if you ever feel like you're playing your B/C game just try and force yourself to play really tight, its better to make a small mistake than a big mistake. Its way better to be a nit than a snazzy redfish.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: July 27, 2015, 05:17:40 AM »

What's a 5 star chef?

Michelin max is 3 stars.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: July 27, 2015, 05:22:49 AM »

What's a 5 star chef?

Michelin max is 3 stars.

Top restaurants are classed as 5 stars here. Like you would say "wow that's a 5 star restaurant" or the chef is from a 5 star restaurant.

It's worse than Michelin star though. It's like let's say Cut in Vegas. That would be a 5 star restaurant. Basically top 5% of restaurants or whatever. same logic as hotels I guess.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: July 27, 2015, 05:32:33 AM »

Why do you hate Jake Cody so much?

where does this come from? i definitely don't at all!

He was reading the thread and I wanted to troll.

actually have a funny story about jake.. will post after session

So many people can thank people for getting them into poker. Devilfish whilst they were watching TV one night, Moneymaker etc, I kind of accidentally got involved in poker because of some friends trying to hustle me. Anyway I was addicted yet terrible. I was 19 and in Grosvenor in Newcastle. I played their nightly games, 10-30 pound games. I'd heard about the GUKPT from everybody it was literally as big as the WSOP Main event. One day... One day I'd play in a GUKPT.

So the festival arrived and I went down to rail it. Everybody was older, proper old school gamblers. Carlo Citrone was there, Camel was playing cash games iirc! I was in awe of it all.

I remember France's Creed was on the rail watching her husband and I went over to that side to see some action of some different tables. There was this emo looking kid there with his hood up and big black fringe coming out the side of it. I went behind him and saw him 3betting on the button. I literally could never imagine this being anything except qq-aa, I mean he was a young player and he must be good if he put up £1000 right? Good players would only 3bet premiums here. He peeled both cards back and I remember it clear to day he had A8o. I almost fell over the rail lol. To me that was just totally uncomprehendable. The guy ummed and arred and then fold either pre or post flop and he collected the chips.

I had never played online really, I mean I'd played a bit, won a bit but I was just playing super tight and playing my hands very honestly. This was my first ever a-ha moment. I realized I needed to change the Grosvenor for PokerStars.

Jake was the first ever poker player I was really a fan of. Unsurprisingly he went on to win everything, the quickest and youngest ever triple crown winner.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: July 27, 2015, 12:45:29 PM »

Today was such a great day. Such a sense of relief, playing with no distractions and following everything I said felt so so great. I've wrote here previously that I've "played great" etc but theres no way I can play close to A game without avoiding all distractions. For the first 10 hours of my session I managed it today and had huge stacks in almost every tournament, felt so good.

Won 2 EPT packages
10th in the Mega deep (not going to moan but pretty sure I lost JJ v TT v TT for 2/9 Cheesy took it very well weirdly

Had lots of other cashes too, million, last 30 in 2nd chance, 215 turbo, won an Estrellas package.

All in all just really happy. Opened up the first lobby of the day to see if horses had done anything and we got a 1st/3rd in the Kickoff for 40k with Dan Carter and Monda. V happy for them both.

Feel so optimistic moving forward. Have a 5 star chef cooking me requested food 3 times a day every day for the foreseeable future, got a ridiculously good deal. All the other guys are paying around 1400e a month, but for some reason I've got it for 300e. Seems too good to be true, lets see how it goes.

In terms of grinding next I guess I'll probably play Tuesday, but thinking of taking off grinding all week until next Sunday and just make sure everything in life is super +ev. I'm obviously a degenerate and will be grinding the 109r in 12 hours though..

Have been watching a lot of final tables both live when friends are on or replays of big final tables. Its crazy how regs are taking developed strategies and using them in the wrong place. Using incorrect sizings with their whole range, randomly deciding to lead flops/turns with apparent no good reason. I was looking at the stats of some of the guys who play really tight and it may look weird that they win so much, but if regs are forever trying to develop new strategies and failing, or failing to put into practice what they think they've learned then they are going to be making way bigger mistakes than guys who are just playing slightly too tight. One tip today would be that if you ever feel like you're playing your B/C game just try and force yourself to play really tight, its better to make a small mistake than a big mistake. Its way better to be a nit than a snazzy redfish.

Congrats on the cashes.
Railed the kick off ft for a fair bit. Mondo grinded his short stack like a boss!!, very pleased for him to get a decent score, perhaps he will post in his blog!
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7130 on: July 27, 2015, 01:15:19 PM »

Won 2 EPT packages

Normal service has resumed.

Welcome back BITB.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: July 31, 2015, 02:53:55 AM »

This stable is the best. The attitude is great. I just needed that little extra to get me to where I wanted to be. Absolutely crushing this month.

Had my first coaching session (group) with pads today despite being in this stable for 6 weeks or so (Pads was in Vegas I guess). He definitely has an amazing brain for poker and on top of that, I think he is very good at helping others understand the game. I love coaching people myself and I really like his approach.

I had a target 2 weeks ago that I wanted to be top 10 on pocket fives by the end of the year. I was 65th at that point and today I am about 25th (P5 yet to update). Absolutely crushing Cheesy.

Sorry to hijack the thread Pads, but I am going to be your best horse. I wanna be the best!

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: July 31, 2015, 11:21:47 AM »

I imagine if you were all in a room together rather than spread across the world it would help. Or at least be good for morale etc.

if your stable is churning over £100'000s every week wouldn't it be an idea to run it more like a "job" where you all grinded from an "office" togther?

Although i do imagine you like a group of American's all high fiving every two minutes with lots of woops and woos!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: July 31, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »

This stable is the best. The attitude is great. I just needed that little extra to get me to where I wanted to be. Absolutely crushing this month.

Had my first coaching session (group) with pads today despite being in this stable for 6 weeks or so (Pads was in Vegas I guess). He definitely has an amazing brain for poker and on top of that, I think he is very good at helping others understand the game. I love coaching people myself and I really like his approach.

I had a target 2 weeks ago that I wanted to be top 10 on pocket fives by the end of the year. I was 65th at that point and today I am about 25th (P5 yet to update). Absolutely crushing Cheesy.

Sorry to hijack the thread Pads, but I am going to be your best horse. I wanna be the best!

Ever since pads posted that you were part of his stable I have been railing now and then. Every time you always seem to be playing and plenty of tables too. Defo been on the grind.
Wish my all ins on stars this week had gone as well as yours though  Grin Grin
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: August 03, 2015, 03:09:36 AM »

I was very very conscious that last Sunday was my best ever in terms of number of stacks I had. I remember I had 10 50k+ stacks all in big majors. I wanted to make sure everything I did today in terms of preparation etc was exactly the same, kind of superstitious like that.

In game was incredibly frustrating at times, I got off to a good start, I was 1/15 in the early 109, but after some ridiculous plays from opponents I was pretty short and busted in a funny hand to finish 9th. Was happy as I had big stacks everywhere again, a little later I was itm in the $215 PLO8 weekly tournament which I really like. I like playing plo8 and plo and trying to be an all round better poker player, so was really happy to ship this one outright and felt like I had a good grasp of the final table.

I built up big stacks like I said, had another 2 final tables and then 10th in the Sunday 6max, but thats ok. I played poorly once in the money in this tournament and definitely didn't deserve to get the big $ up top.

The day was getting incredibly more frustrating and annoying, because 888 kept going down every 5 minutes and 20%+ of my attention was fixed on trying to fix 888 which was hindering my other tables as it was in peak.

I was 1/15 in the crocodile and just knew something bad would happen. I get to the final table, there pot is 70k, I have 60k left and its a dream board for my bb defending range vs tight guy on 87598ddxdx and I had j7dx and was just about to shove the river and the software kicked me out, I couldn't get back in eventually it folded me and he had the pot either by betting (potentially min betting) or checking back a hand. It kept kicking me off and then eventually from having 30-40bbs I have 10bbs, sb jams and I call k9ss and I'm drawing dead on the flop against 75.

Was so annoying, my whole focus of early session was just completely thrown and I didn't react well to it. I wasn't really tilted or anything, just really hurt my motivation.

Ended the session short not regging the 109r/215r/supersonic and all the late turbos, was OK to book a win, lets see if 888 give me the 4 figures of equity they stole too!

Did a really good coaching session on Friday with European for all our guys. We recorded my Thursday Thrill final table and went through every decision for 2 hours, only got through 30% of the footage, but lots of stuff which gave good food for thought for our guys and we could speak about things that we can't in a normal hh review like timing, or mistakes the other regs were constantly doing that you don't see on a hh review (non showdown) Really enjoying running the stable and hopefully it continues to grow.

One of our guys just won the 109r tonight for 40k, so good job to Mysto <3

This week will be preparing for Barcelona a little bit, keeping healthy, studying poker and probably play 1 session outside of Sundays session.

Cliffs -

4 FT's
won 215 plo8
fk 888

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: August 03, 2015, 06:57:14 AM »

fk 888

bravo

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: August 03, 2015, 08:39:04 AM »

I was very very conscious that last Sunday was my best ever in terms of number of stacks I had. I remember I had 10 50k+ stacks all in big majors. I wanted to make sure everything I did today in terms of preparation etc was exactly the same, kind of superstitious like that.

In game was incredibly frustrating at times, I got off to a good start, I was 1/15 in the early 109, but after some ridiculous plays from opponents I was pretty short and busted in a funny hand to finish 9th. Was happy as I had big stacks everywhere again, a little later I was itm in the $215 PLO8 weekly tournament which I really like. I like playing plo8 and plo and trying to be an all round better poker player, so was really happy to ship this one outright and felt like I had a good grasp of the final table.

I built up big stacks like I said, had another 2 final tables and then 10th in the Sunday 6max, but thats ok. I played poorly once in the money in this tournament and definitely didn't deserve to get the big $ up top.

The day was getting incredibly more frustrating and annoying, because 888 kept going down every 5 minutes and 20%+ of my attention was fixed on trying to fix 888 which was hindering my other tables as it was in peak.

I was 1/15 in the crocodile and just knew something bad would happen. I get to the final table, there pot is 70k, I have 60k left and its a dream board for my bb defending range vs tight guy on 87598ddxdx and I had j7dx and was just about to shove the river and the software kicked me out, I couldn't get back in eventually it folded me and he had the pot either by betting (potentially min betting) or checking back a hand. It kept kicking me off and then eventually from having 30-40bbs I have 10bbs, sb jams and I call k9ss and I'm drawing dead on the flop against 75.

Was so annoying, my whole focus of early session was just completely thrown and I didn't react well to it. I wasn't really tilted or anything, just really hurt my motivation.

Ended the session short not regging the 109r/215r/supersonic and all the late turbos, was OK to book a win, lets see if 888 give me the 4 figures of equity they stole too!

Did a really good coaching session on Friday with European for all our guys. We recorded my Thursday Thrill final table and went through every decision for 2 hours, only got through 30% of the footage, but lots of stuff which gave good food for thought for our guys and we could speak about things that we can't in a normal hh review like timing, or mistakes the other regs were constantly doing that you don't see on a hh review (non showdown) Really enjoying running the stable and hopefully it continues to grow.

This week will be preparing for Barcelona a little bit, keeping healthy, studying poker and probably play 1 session outside of Sundays session.

Cliffs -

4 FT's
won 215 plo8
fk 888

Did they not deploy this?

http://uk.pokernews.com/news/2015/07/888poker-connectivity-issues-pause-tournament-18624.htm

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: August 03, 2015, 02:21:17 PM »

Cliffs -

4 FT's
won 215 plo8
fk 888

Did they not deploy this?

http://uk.pokernews.com/news/2015/07/888poker-connectivity-issues-pause-tournament-18624.htm

They have it, but a lot of the time the tables are frozen and can get forgotten amongst a row of other tables, it takes refreshing the lobby/table to make sure we reconnect and get back into the game.  The pause only happens when the connection drops everyone but it doesnt wait till everyone is back so its pretty easy to miss that you're sitting out and not refresh the table before the tournament resumes.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7138 on: August 03, 2015, 02:43:45 PM »

Yeah you get logged out so keep having to try logging in, if you don't log in for 3 minutes then there's a chance everybody else is back.

Also because you're logged out t doesn't remember your password.

Ridiuous lol

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: August 04, 2015, 06:11:02 AM »

Not sure why but registered a 3-4 hour session today. Ended up 3rd in 44 turbo and 7th in big162. Kinda annoying as I had 4x average chips in both with 11 left.

Nevermind, winning day.

I spent ages making a spreadsheet today copying from poker news article for wcoop. Finished it all and finally realized it was WCOOP schedule. Was so tilted haha.

Watched true detective season two episode 7 yesterday, super super sick. True detective season 2 is one of my favorite series of all time I think, no idea why it gets so much flack. So many different characters and I really really like it.

Pages: 1 ... 472 473 474 475 [476] 477 478 479 480 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: