blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:42:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 483 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1421499 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7170 on: August 29, 2015, 11:53:40 PM »

he's still chasing a homeless man down the street 
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #7171 on: August 30, 2015, 01:26:58 AM »

I would say is very unlikely that pads is skipping blonde because of me and Alex winding him up on that Mark up thread, that would be fairly ridiculous!

*and funny if that was the reason, surely not though!
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #7172 on: August 30, 2015, 05:44:28 AM »

I would say is very unlikely that pads is skipping blonde because of me and Alex winding him up on that Mark up thread, that would be fairly ridiculous!

*and funny if that was the reason, surely not though!

True though, he cross posts on two plus two and is still posting there....
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #7173 on: August 30, 2015, 09:51:18 AM »

Given his response at the time it seems more than likely.

Have you spoken to him about it? Does he now understand that it was 'just banter'? Because he sure as hell didn't see it that way at the time.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #7174 on: August 30, 2015, 12:01:00 PM »

currently browsing the sports section.

come on pleno give the fans a barcelona write up.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7175 on: August 30, 2015, 12:52:08 PM »

Given his response at the time it seems more than likely.

Have you spoken to him about it? Does he now understand that it was 'just banter'? Because he sure as hell didn't see it that way at the time.

iv not spoken to him about it no, I'v known pads for ages and have a lot of time for him - don't think he's going to get that bothered about it - legit opportunities to needle him come up once every 18 months and I will be taking the next one just as aggressively as this one Cheesy

Either way if you got tilted at me Pads, sorry buddy <3

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7176 on: August 30, 2015, 02:46:47 PM »

Hey no not tilted at anybody individually just felt like time on blonde closer to end. I don't actively avoid blonde and come on every day but way less than in the future and feel there is very little I can contribute to it.

Think it's very far from a poker forum now, basically an advertisement window for DTD and a really good (relatively) sports section. I find it interesting to see opinions of people from different clubs and if there's a new sports thread I'll read. The lounge has some interesting topics and opinions from those way smarter than I and I really enjoy reading/educations myself that way. But as far as poker goes that's not really what the forum is about anymore I guess.

Loved tights WSOP reports and would read those every day to see how people had done/notable chip counts etc.

Still got a lot of love for most people on here just not much to contribute and feel kinda bad just copy and pasting my blog from 2p2 because it feels like im trying to build a brand or use blonde or something.

In terms of the thread I posted on, I felt like that was legit one of the only things I could possibly constructively help blonde members on. No regrets posting there.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7177 on: August 30, 2015, 03:18:08 PM »

Given everything you've done on Blonde, and for people here, I don't think you could ever be accused of 'using' the forum.

Hope you continue to double post, as it's very interesting, even for someone like me who hardly even plays poker.

BoL today, Pads!

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7178 on: August 30, 2015, 03:22:17 PM »

pleno i for one would love to see you copy and paste your diary on here i dont often reply to diaries but enjoy reading them, 2+2 is so huge i just avoid

i remember back when you was first starting out on your journey playing mirco stakes then your sudden burst out with the big boys and teaching them
how to play would love to continue to read about your exploits as you challenge for a bracelet that seems destined to win

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #7179 on: August 30, 2015, 03:43:09 PM »

Be a shame to lose you, pleno. Reckon you have plenty to gain out of the sports threads and plenty to offer in the poker threads. Blonde is inevitably more recreational/social and that means live poker trumps online, compared with 2plus2.

Ultimately, though, the forum is what people make it. If people who post most are discussing sports, the forum will be more sports oriented. If there is more people posting about poker, the interaction will be about that. Lots of people just like to interact. Doesn't really matter what about. Yes, they have favoured topics but there are folk who will go where the wind takes them.

A lot gets said on here about blonde not being the same and how it's got worse. In my view, the thing that has changed most is the big named pros don't post as much. They have their own lives but the forum obviously loses when experts don't post anymore. Us recs get access to the people making the headlines and there's an attraction in that. Where else does that happen?

Cliffs: post more

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7180 on: August 30, 2015, 06:50:44 PM »

In terms of the thread I posted on, I felt like that was legit one of the only things I could possibly constructively help blonde members on. No regrets posting there.

agreed with every word of it.

HE CAME 2nd THOUGH!!! WAS JUST TOO GOOD Cheesy

baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #7181 on: August 30, 2015, 07:07:45 PM »

Keep posting! Even if it is just a copy and paste from 2p2. Love reading your diary posts

Feed em rice.
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7182 on: August 30, 2015, 07:53:09 PM »

Keep posting! Even if it is just a copy and paste from 2p2. Love reading your diary posts

This. I cant even find your blog on 2p2...

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7183 on: August 31, 2015, 09:35:13 AM »

Hey no not tilted at anybody individually just felt like time on blonde closer to end. I don't actively avoid blonde and come on every day but way less than in the future and feel there is very little I can contribute to it.

Think it's very far from a poker forum now, basically an advertisement window for DTD and a really good (relatively) sports section. I find it interesting to see opinions of people from different clubs and if there's a new sports thread I'll read. The lounge has some interesting topics and opinions from those way smarter than I and I really enjoy reading/educations myself that way. But as far as poker goes that's not really what the forum is about anymore I guess.

Loved tights WSOP reports and would read those every day to see how people had done/notable chip counts etc.

Still got a lot of love for most people on here just not much to contribute and feel kinda bad just copy and pasting my blog from 2p2 because it feels like im trying to build a brand or use blonde or something.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the kind comments about the Sports Section & The Lounge, as we have worked quite hard to develop these, Tighty in particular. You are right as to it not being a pure poker forum these days, but that's just the way things have gone. Really top notch (UK-wise) poker Forums like THM have completely died, so I think it was the right decision to broaden the range of topics, but of course we are never going to please everyone, & we do have a shortage of Nosebleed Guys posting these days, fair to say. Not much we can do about that, we can't force them to post. If you were to start poker-based threads, I'm pretty sure they'd prove popular, & there'd be a ton of interaction. You used to start a lot of threads in PHA, but have only started one (so far....) in 2015. I'm not saying you should start more PHA threads, only that if you are of the view that blonde does not have enough poker Content, it does not really compute. It's a self-perpuating thing - or not. 

It's a self-seeding thing, we can help make it work, or we can sit & watch it die. If we all wait for other people to start threads, then yeah, the interesting Content would reduce, as we don't have enough thread starters. Your Diary is very popular, but if, as you say, "your time on blonde is coming to an end" there's not much any of us can do about that.

As to the two points I have enboldened, that, I would have thought, is a quid pro quo.

Sure, it might seem a pain to see the DTD threads, but we can't have one without the other, so to speak, & DTD have been a wonderful sponsor for us. There are only 5 active DTD threads, from a total of 99 active threads in the last 7 days, so that does not seem unreasonable to me. We don't HAVE to read them, or even support DTD, & blonde remains free to view. Without DTD, there would be no Tighty Reports, & in all probability, no blonde.

Incidentally, you are not the only one who has complained about the (so-called) negative influence of DTD, so I'm not addressing you especially.

Just felt I needed to add some of this stuff.........

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 02:20:46 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7184 on: September 01, 2015, 08:14:41 PM »

Has he gone?

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 483 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: