blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:26:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 486 487 [488] 489 490 491 492 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1423452 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #7305 on: September 13, 2015, 02:20:04 PM »

Nae bad
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: September 13, 2015, 03:22:05 PM »

Congrats, all the hard work paid off! Now do it all again tonight 

Feed em rice.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7307 on: September 13, 2015, 05:00:58 PM »

Have you got a good formula for working out how much your stack is worth at any given point in any given tournament? If not, what would your best guess be?

I imagine there must be some solid ones out there, what with all the shady stack buying that goes on deep in big tournaments.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #7308 on: September 13, 2015, 05:15:53 PM »

congratz
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #7309 on: September 13, 2015, 05:19:58 PM »

Very nice!  WP GL for the 10k plus the player of the series rankings.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #7310 on: September 13, 2015, 05:27:13 PM »

thumbs up wp

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

engy

View Profile
« Reply #7311 on: September 13, 2015, 05:39:31 PM »

great result well played
h

View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: September 13, 2015, 06:13:12 PM »

Where the Magic happens  Indeed

well done
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #7313 on: September 14, 2015, 09:55:49 AM »

Have you got a good formula for working out how much your stack is worth at any given point in any given tournament? If not, what would your best guess be?

I imagine there must be some solid ones out there, what with all the shady stack buying that goes on deep in big tournaments.

This might be something quite new to a live player, but there's a mathematical model called ICM, which means Individual Chip Model. It places a $ value on each chip for all stacks left in a tournament based on the payout structure.

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7314 on: September 14, 2015, 10:35:44 AM »

Your dog kira and your grind set up look really similar

I'd go as far as saying they look identical.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7315 on: September 14, 2015, 11:08:02 AM »

This might be something quite new to a live player, but there's a mathematical model called ICM, which means Individual Chip Model. It places a $ value on each chip for all stacks left in a tournament based on the payout structure.

Oh thanks I'll look into that. IMC you say? Like you say, us live players don't know about things like this, just go with our feelings and reads. Wish I had the talents of people like you, can only dream eh.

Obviously I'm talking about when there's many players left in and all stacks are not known / too long winded to input eg making day 2 with x stack. Must be a rough formula ppl use, I have one that I made up but not sure of its accuracy.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: September 14, 2015, 11:55:26 AM »

U buying or selling?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7317 on: September 14, 2015, 01:18:51 PM »

Oh thanks I'll look into that. IMC you say? Like you say, us live players don't know about things like this, just go with our feelings and reads. Wish I had the talents of people like you, can only dream eh.

Obviously I'm talking about when there's many players left in and all stacks are not known / too long winded to input eg making day 2 with x stack. Must be a rough formula ppl use, I have one that I made up but not sure of its accuracy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #7318 on: September 14, 2015, 02:42:36 PM »

From a psychological perspective one can read an awful lot into your post.

A) why do you feel the need to make this calculation?

A strong player who studies and believes in himself has no need to make this calculation. It literally doesn't even cross his mind. He has no fear whom is behind the screen name. Which brings us succinctly to...

B) why broach this subject, in this particular thread?

I mean, there's a reason this question wasn't dealt with via PM. So come, spill the beans...

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7319 on: September 14, 2015, 02:48:46 PM »

From a psychological perspective one can read an awful lot into your post.

A) why do you feel the need to make this calculation?

A strong player who studies and believes in himself has no need to make this calculation. It literally doesn't even cross his mind. He has no fear whom is behind the screen name. Which brings us succinctly to...

B) why broach this subject, in this particular thread?

I mean, there's a reason this question wasn't dealt with via PM. So come, spill the beans...

You're way off base here Nathan. There was no agenda and you're reading between the lines too much. I asked because I wanted to know, simple as that. I've often wanted to buy pieces in peoples day two action so I've always wanted a good formula for this. Pads is a obviously good person to ask.

If everyone asked questions via PM we wouldn't have much of a forum would we?

btw you're point about "no fear behind the screen-name" is nonsense, it's not about fear, it's about knowing who you're playing with. You think Pads plays the same way vs X if he knew it was Y? Of course not, yet he fears neither.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 486 487 [488] 489 490 491 492 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: