blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:56:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 565 566 [567] 568 569 570 571 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1416100 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8490 on: March 20, 2017, 05:11:59 AM »

funny Sunday..

won $162 win the button, which I would never usually play. Party asked me to play the $11 special million runner tournament and came 15th Cheesy:D, came 5th in the $1k PLO and 8th in the 888 crocodile with a few other cashes here or there.

PLO was pretty tilting, we played 5/6 handed for like 3 hours, was bit of a joke.

Bust out hand, I didnt see utg raise (lol) I min 3bet, he pot 4bets, I peel J877ds, JT8 we get it in and he hits running 4's! for trips and gg.

Anyway, decent profit overall on the night, pretty tired now though.

Pretty sure the badgers have lost infinite tonight and overall, the month looks really bad from what I can see.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8491 on: March 22, 2017, 05:04:08 AM »

Have started playing football again now 2x a week from a site called "footyaddicts" it's pretty good and standard is actually pretty decent overall.

I literally haven't played consistently for years and years, but playing recently has made me miss it. I'm a little bit too vocal and aggressive at times though, I just really hate seeing inefficient strategy. For some reason in amateur 5aside and especially 7aside everybody retreats once the ball scores/goes for a goal kick when clearly the best strategy is all to press high up the pitch man for man. The second most annoying thing is people trying long passes when everybodies fitness levels are relatively low. People struggle to play the full 60-90 minutes so giving the ball away is really the worst thing possible. When I'm managing a team I'm very very adamant about exactly what strategy I want the team to follow and can make us do it pretty well, but at these friendly recreational games it's tough to really have a go at somebody, and tougher to have a go at the whole team all at once. I'm sure most people can just let it go and concentrate of fitness and their own passing completion, trying to score a hat trick or whatever, but it really really really infuriates me to see such inefficient play when it's really easy to fix.

Anyway, technically I feel really good, when there's good players in my team I especially do well but the goal is to be as fit ASAP where I'm just at the point of clearly being the best player in any kind of amateur recreational non Organised game.

Football career growing up was kind of strange, I was captain of the county team and we played to a pretty high standard, I was getting really good at one point, it's kind of strange but when I started travelling to Southampton and training and playing with people like Bale, Walcott and Lallana, that whole year I really deterioated as a player. The first time I went down there was 40 people or so and they would choose 11 people at the end of the training camp to be in the squad to play against Wimbledon (now no long a club, but they were basically all 6ft+ black kids from london) I got a slot in the first 11 as a number 7 and I remember very clearly that 7 and 11 had to stand over every set piece together and 11 was Gareth Bale. I thought he was not good at all, he was slow, skinny, but for some reason they loved him. After that I had to do some exams so couldn't go back down for a couple of months. In those months I literally did nothing at all to improve myself, nothing to get better, I just thought I'd done great and I was going to be a footballer now. Everybody knows the story of Bale, he basically locked himself in the gym, became an absolute beast and is now the most expensive player in the worldz

I was one of the best long distance runners in the country for my age, winning gold medals at 1500 against guys who's legs were literally twice as long as mine. One day in around this period of time I just decided that I was going to stop doing it because I couldn't be bothered anymore. I had a running coach as Gosforth Harriers who randomly used to call me Santa Claus Infront of everybody, I was short and stocky and they were really tall and gangly and he hated that I beat them. I was running round the track at 3000m one day and literally give up in the race and thought wtf am I doing this for, all my friends were drinking the night before and having a great time and I'm running around a track in circles??!

We played a game against Liverpool in the national semi final and they had a guy called Charlie Barnett, he was 16 and apparabtly worth £5m and was destined to be the next Alan Shearer. I remember at kick off we were both captains, my job was to not focus on playing technically at all, just stay on his toes and not let him play, following him everywhere. I hardly had a kick and they thrashed us 5-0

Here's a hilarious picture of me as a spotty 15 year old kid from front page of Evening Chronicle

https://www.google.hu/amp/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/hes-my-shearo-1602686.amp

They got my age and position wrong and they did a huge photo shoot of my sliding tackling my dad in the park which was very weird. They ended up losing the photos the next day and wanting us to do it again and was like no chance and just did this photo.

After going back to Southampton I remember very clearly one night being in the players house, Adam Lallana and Lloyd James were getting naked for some local girl on MSN!! My dad text me saying Malcolm Elias (one of the best scouts the country has seen) text him and said the coaches couldn't understand why I couldn't run anymore. I remember sinking heart feeling like if fucked it up. When it came round to the time of them choosing which guys would get the professional contracts it wasn't surprising the guys who worked hard such as Lallana, Nathan Dyer, Dextor Blackstock and Gareth Bale were the ones who got them. Football is imo 15% skill, 15% luck and 70% hard work. I had the skill, I had the luck of getting a break through but sadly didn't put in the hard work and allowed myself to be the equivalent of an American MTT reg. I remember Jordan Henderson was my age and playing for Sunderland. We played them 3-4x/season, we both played centre mid and he was really bad at the time, nobody could understand why he was at Sunderland and I remember people saying he just works super hard and the coaches love him.

Anyway, I was told it was GG I and I went to Hartlepool on trial. I remember very vividly on the first week that the players were saying there was 3 spots left (at 16-17 there is 4 people who get "contracts" and it's Gg for everybody else) because I had one locked up. I remember how I played each day and I was back to feeling really good. The manager told me to bring my parents tomorrow for a meeting. We rock up and he told me that he thought I was a good player but they were looking more for Patrick Vieras than Patrick Leonard's and again was Gg) at that point I just gave up dreams of being a professional player and never played properly serious since. I was paid to play till around 21 for semi professional team who were really good to me and looked after me. In those leagues at that time ex pros or older guys would kick lumps out of younger guys and then I left for Spain and PokerStrategy and never played a proper serious match since (roughly 7 years ago). I basically just play 5aside for the first time in 6-8 months and be completely fucked and tell myself I'm going to get fit, but let some reason take over, travelling to play poker especially made it very tough I think.

I have mentioned it previously, but I feel like a lot of my obsession for being good at poker is because of my failures in football, and perhaps one of the reasons for my goal of running a football club or being a manager of a football club is to not leave something in my life as a failure.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: March 22, 2017, 05:05:50 AM »

volume was low for first few mins, fixed now (Y)

Yeah, been watching all night. Great stuff, well done on the heads up. Watching you play and listening to your thought process inspires me to learn more. Hope you twitch more, oh and don't get sniped again.

Thanks! I'm actually going to twitch a hand history review on Monday evening on our twitch channel. I'll post a link here on Monday.

I watched quite a lot of this last night - pretty rare for me to watch poker but enjoyed this.

Perspectives on situations really good, singing really bad :-)

Haha I stream for my badgers a lot and always sing and they hate it. Apologies for that.

Thanks!

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: March 23, 2017, 12:41:55 AM »

Have started playing football again now 2x a week from a site called "footyaddicts" it's pretty good and standard is actually pretty decent overall.

I literally haven't played consistently for years and years, but playing recently has made me miss it. I'm a little bit too vocal and aggressive at times though, I just really hate seeing inefficient strategy. For some reason in amateur 5aside and especially 7aside everybody retreats once the ball scores/goes for a goal kick when clearly the best strategy is all to press high up the pitch man for man. The second most annoying thing is people trying long passes when everybodies fitness levels are relatively low. People struggle to play the full 60-90 minutes so giving the ball away is really the worst thing possible. When I'm managing a team I'm very very adamant about exactly what strategy I want the team to follow and can make us do it pretty well, but at these friendly recreational games it's tough to really have a go at somebody, and tougher to have a go at the whole team all at once. I'm sure most people can just let it go and concentrate of fitness and their own passing completion, trying to score a hat trick or whatever, but it really really really infuriates me to see such inefficient play when it's really easy to fix.

Anyway, technically I feel really good, when there's good players in my team I especially do well but the goal is to be as fit ASAP where I'm just at the point of clearly being the best player in any kind of amateur recreational non Organised game.

Football career growing up was kind of strange, I was captain of the county team and we played to a pretty high standard, I was getting really good at one point, it's kind of strange but when I started travelling to Southampton and training and playing with people like Bale, Walcott and Lallana, that whole year I really deterioated as a player. The first time I went down there was 40 people or so and they would choose 11 people at the end of the training camp to be in the squad to play against Wimbledon (now no long a club, but they were basically all 6ft+ black kids from london) I got a slot in the first 11 as a number 7 and I remember very clearly that 7 and 11 had to stand over every set piece together and 11 was Gareth Bale. I thought he was not good at all, he was slow, skinny, but for some reason they loved him. After that I had to do some exams so couldn't go back down for a couple of months. In those months I literally did nothing at all to improve myself, nothing to get better, I just thought I'd done great and I was going to be a footballer now. Everybody knows the story of Bale, he basically locked himself in the gym, became an absolute beast and is now the most expensive player in the worldz

I was one of the best long distance runners in the country for my age, winning gold medals at 1500 against guys who's legs were literally twice as long as mine. One day in around this period of time I just decided that I was going to stop doing it because I couldn't be bothered anymore. I had a running coach as Gosforth Harriers who randomly used to call me Santa Claus Infront of everybody, I was short and stocky and they were really tall and gangly and he hated that I beat them. I was running round the track at 3000m one day and literally give up in the race and thought wtf am I doing this for, all my friends were drinking the night before and having a great time and I'm running around a track in circles??!

We played a game against Liverpool in the national semi final and they had a guy called Charlie Barnett, he was 16 and apparabtly worth £5m and was destined to be the next Alan Shearer. I remember at kick off we were both captains, my job was to not focus on playing technically at all, just stay on his toes and not let him play, following him everywhere. I hardly had a kick and they thrashed us 5-0

Here's a hilarious picture of me as a spotty 15 year old kid from front page of Evening Chronicle

https://www.google.hu/amp/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/hes-my-shearo-1602686.amp

They got my age and position wrong and they did a huge photo shoot of my sliding tackling my dad in the park which was very weird. They ended up losing the photos the next day and wanting us to do it again and was like no chance and just did this photo.

After going back to Southampton I remember very clearly one night being in the players house, Adam Lallana and Lloyd James were getting naked for some local girl on MSN!! My dad text me saying Malcolm Elias (one of the best scouts the country has seen) text him and said the coaches couldn't understand why I couldn't run anymore. I remember sinking heart feeling like if fucked it up. When it came round to the time of them choosing which guys would get the professional contracts it wasn't surprising the guys who worked hard such as Lallana, Nathan Dyer, Dextor Blackstock and Gareth Bale were the ones who got them. Football is imo 15% skill, 15% luck and 70% hard work. I had the skill, I had the luck of getting a break through but sadly didn't put in the hard work and allowed myself to be the equivalent of an American MTT reg. I remember Jordan Henderson was my age and playing for Sunderland. We played them 3-4x/season, we both played centre mid and he was really bad at the time, nobody could understand why he was at Sunderland and I remember people saying he just works super hard and the coaches love him.

Anyway, I was told it was GG I and I went to Hartlepool on trial. I remember very vividly on the first week that the players were saying there was 3 spots left (at 16-17 there is 4 people who get "contracts" and it's Gg for everybody else) because I had one locked up. I remember how I played each day and I was back to feeling really good. The manager told me to bring my parents tomorrow for a meeting. We rock up and he told me that he thought I was a good player but they were looking more for Patrick Vieras than Patrick Leonard's and again was Gg) at that point I just gave up dreams of being a professional player and never played properly serious since. I was paid to play till around 21 for semi professional team who were really good to me and looked after me. In those leagues at that time ex pros or older guys would kick lumps out of younger guys and then I left for Spain and PokerStrategy and never played a proper serious match since (roughly 7 years ago). I basically just play 5aside for the first time in 6-8 months and be completely fucked and tell myself I'm going to get fit, but let some reason take over, travelling to play poker especially made it very tough I think.

I have mentioned it previously, but I feel like a lot of my obsession for being good at poker is because of my failures in football, and perhaps one of the reasons for my goal of running a football club or being a manager of a football club is to not leave something in my life as a failure.

What a fascinating insight into your life. Thanks for sharing I really enjoyed reading that

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: March 27, 2017, 02:45:42 AM »

Remember, 8pm cet (7pm UK) Elmerix, European and I will be going through the $10,300 WCOOP that European won.

Can find us here:

www.twitch.tv/bitbstaking

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: March 27, 2017, 07:32:28 AM »

Played real good and focused today.

Had 6 amazing tables at midnight, that Nice feeling when you go from 12 small tables to 6 important tables at the break.

Was

1/6 in party 530
5/40 in party 530
4/35 in 1k PLO
16/50 in 1k Holdem
30/150 in party main
Hot 215?

Within an hour had no tables left Sad

5th party 530 for 8k, lots of unfortunate pots/all ins.
Did potentially bad bluff in 2nd party 530. Called 3b oop 40bbs deep with 98s. He checked back a87and I bluffed turn and river on a87qj
99 vs wrap for the abs world on 945r in PLO
Flipped against Elmerixx in the 1k Holdem and didn't work out good
Party main aq<KK kn 982Qfd

Felt kinda weird to be done within 45 minutes when I just strapped on for a long session, but also weirdly I wasn't tilted at all, felt really fine about it and emotionless which is kinda strange.

Busy week.

Monday - stream with bitB
Tuesday - play
Wednesday - do something with gf
Thursday - bitb meeting in London
Friday - bitB meeting in London
Saturday - bitB meeting in London
Sunday - Arsenal vs Man City then big grind

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: March 27, 2017, 05:33:32 PM »

live in 2 hours 30 mins.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: March 27, 2017, 06:12:35 PM »

Patrick Leonard‏ @plenopads  2m2 minutes ago
More
 Part 2 of my WCOOP Win review https://www.bitb-staking.com/2017/03/27/pads1161-wcoop-review-part-2/

RT's appreciated, part 3 soon @bitBstaking

engy

View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: March 27, 2017, 09:07:46 PM »

Really enjoyed the video pads, I thought you were from Newcastle?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: March 27, 2017, 11:12:01 PM »

Really enjoyed the video pads, I thought you were from Newcastle?

Haha thanks mate. Yeah I am.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8500 on: April 03, 2017, 03:59:40 AM »

So, lots of stuff to update on!

We did a twitch session which went down amazing! Really popular and we loved the feedback. Will likely do more in the future.

Link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/131602884

March Results

****ing disaster. Remember, we need around 400k profit/month to hit our targets.

Click to see full-size image.

**** show of a result. The huge downswings are generally just bricking Sundays, which happens, but the overall crushing of other days wasn't as apparent this month. More to this later.

Year to date

We should be on around 1.2m profit right now. We do have some extra profit from live poker, but lets not count that till later. You can see we started off amazing, but last month really ****ed up the speed of progress.

Quarterly Review - London

We had our first big overall review of the year meeting this weekend in London. Party Poker let us use their offices and resources,which turned out to be really helpful.

We plan to do around 3-4 of these big reviews/year.

We had lot of topics that I won't go into, lot of stuff that would just be boring to you guys but is important for us to grow as a company.

We then went into analysing all of our main stable guys, overall we think we have amazing guys, they are all top players who we would take over a lot of guys who are considered sick high stakes regs, the one downside was that overall volume for our better guys wasn't as good so we had to look into different ways of improving that. Anyway, 1am after the first day we decide to finish, get some food and go home back fresh for the next day.

The 2nd day we overviewed the development stable. There was good and bad news here. Good news - We have 2/3 of the guys who have improved immensely and that we see great futures. We have given them feedback, they have taken it o board and improved immensely over the last 2-4 months, soaking information like sponges. Their volume is crazy good and overall, out of our profit, around 50% of it came fro dev stable, which is pretty crazy when there is less guys than in main stable and the abi is less than 50%.

The bad news is that 1/3 of the dev stable wasn't performing close to the expectations that we demand. We decided to remove the bottom end of the dev stable and have tiers 1-9 instead of 1-14 like previously. This way we only work with guys who are really close to the main stable and guys who are in the main stable. Lower amount of guys means that we can give more focus. Somehow we had let this happen for the 2nd time in less than 6 months. Previously we dropped a bunch of lower ev guys in roughly 100k makeup, and now we are doing it again. Dropping people is super expensive in general, but its also important not to get attached to makeup. The legendary Zima told me one day, maybe even in one of these threads "don't chase makeup, be prepared to write it off early" and we have stuck by that pretty well. Either way, there was a flaw in our business model and we cost ourselves some money, but doing big quarterly reviews lets us be responsive and make quick action. We look at it like we saved ourselves $1m rather than costing ourselves $100k. This way our main stable guys who coach the development guys will now have more time to play better volume and perform optimally as players, which should be their primary focus. When you have a lot of guys to coach its tough to play poker full time, youre tired after sessions, you have to respond to questions/feedback etc, I personally know its tough to handle both things, so this will now allow the guys in development stable who have a really chance of making it to tier 1 get extra attention whilst also allowing our top guys to chase ev's of $1-300,000.

How does this effect our target of $5m? I'm not quite sure, every guy we dropped was a profitable horse, their ev's were roughly $20k each, so we have month to catch up on, but we're more determined now than ever before to crush as a stable.

Working between the three main investors was deemed to be not efficient and optimal as could be. Basically theres 3 of us, without roles and responsibilities, who all work a lot of hours, try really hard, are involved in everything, know the company inside out. We think moving forward that working effectively will be to stick to different parts of the company in areas where we excel or that we enjoy doing. We started working on ways to visualise and assign these and moving forward it is really going to help (hopefully!)

Today was the last day, we didnt leave the office and get home till 4am! Both days starting at mid day, but we treat ourselves to 5 great tickets to Arsenal vs Man City. Was good to take our stressed minds off the stable and enjoy something different. The game was action packed and 4 goals, so pretty good.

Today I played a session, I don't think I lasted longer than 45 minutes in any tournament on PokerStars. I think I found a mental game leak, I busted the $1k (RIFUCKINGP stars $1k+ lol) with set vs flush draw for big pot and immediately afterwards I thought "I will write each bust out hand on the blog from every $1k+ moving forward" then realised I felt like I needed to justify to people why I've lost over 300 game sample there despite thinking I've played great, which really is very dumb! But either way, its good to know its their somewhere in the back of my mind somewhere.

Anyway, going to be a really busy week this week and overall this month, this thread will be huge.

I will go to Party Poker Millions, play the £25k, £10k, £5k, £2k, then we go to Marbella for the bitB bootcamp at the end of the month which should be amazing to see all the guys again <3 Hopefully luck turns around online for everybody, but either way a lot of the month will be focused on getting everybody ready for the biggest month of the year. Powerfest, SCOOP, XL Series.

IN BEFORE BROKE!

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: April 03, 2017, 10:20:19 AM »

You've probably answered this before, but what are the tax implications of your enterprise?

If you aren't paying tax, be very careful using words ike "company" and "business".

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: April 04, 2017, 10:35:33 AM »

You've probably answered this before, but what are the tax implications of your enterprise?

If you aren't paying tax, be very careful using words ike "company" and "business".

Because everybody is involved from different countries we all have different implications.

The most important question is how much makeup is worth. Almost always you will have as much makeup as profit, if all makeup gets cleared then happy days, but lots of times it wont or perhaps black friday comes and then all makeup is gg.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: April 04, 2017, 10:35:51 AM »

Ok, **** March lol...

April first 3 days started gooooooood, missing another 30k score

LETS GO APRIL!

neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8504 on: April 04, 2017, 11:07:42 AM »

Because everybody is involved from different countries we all have different implications.

The most important question is how much makeup is worth. Almost always you will have as much makeup as profit, if all makeup gets cleared then happy days, but lots of times it wont or perhaps black friday comes and then all makeup is gg.

But makeup is a stock, whereas profit is a flow.

To try and translate that, at any point in time then there is a value to makeup which would be recorded in a balance sheet as a current asset, where as for the relevant time period the business has made a profit. The two are totally different things (accounting wise)

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 565 566 [567] 568 569 570 571 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: