blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:43:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 566 567 [568] 569 570 571 572 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1422735 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8505 on: April 04, 2017, 11:53:28 AM »

Did you not speak to my guy pads?

The legal line in this is actually very clear but a professional staking business swerves across the line a few times, value of makeup etc all irrelevant behind the box question which is...

Are you coaching players in exchange for money, or are you gambling by giving them money to gamble with...

Regardless of what you are actually doing, you should be easily able to tell the right accountancy story.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: April 04, 2017, 03:14:52 PM »

Did you not speak to my guy pads?

The legal line in this is actually very clear but a professional staking business swerves across the line a few times, value of makeup etc all irrelevant behind the box question which is...

Are you coaching players in exchange for money, or are you gambling by giving them money to gamble with...

Regardless of what you are actually doing, you should be easily able to tell the right accountancy story.

Better off spending a day sorting it out now, than having an eye watering tax demand land on your doormat in 5 years time which might take months to resolve.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: April 05, 2017, 05:02:00 AM »

Just saw all of these, was v busy all day but yeh don't worry not taking any days off to cut corners, unfortunately busy many  hours every day these days speaking to either accountants, legal teams, coaches, players, colleagues etc etc everything busy, but busy is good Smiley

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: April 05, 2017, 05:02:12 AM »

Went to sleep really early yesterday and slept through, went to Chelsea for lunch and a bit of shopping, Chelsea definitely nut place to live in London imo.. Anyway the benefits of long London business trip this weekend was that I could sleep early last night and get back on normal routine.

Well we had a work meeting today and then I just decided to play a full grind session afterwards. Had this hand vs a reg in the Super Tuesday which was pretty ridic.

https://www.boomplayer.com/23377749_BB385208DA

wp him, was feeling sorry for myself, 1ks blah blah, but decided to grind it though and keep regging.

got deep in 320 6m, was 1/4 but somehow just fizzled out and came 4th, went in 1/8 in the $600 on 888 but lost a pot 6 handed bvb for all the chips 1st vs 2nd k9<jj on kj92fd3 which seemed fair Cheesy Finished the session chopping the party high roller for $17.5k which all in all puts a $20k day on the shelves and can really really good about game.

Time for a big sleep now for sure!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: April 10, 2017, 04:42:40 AM »

12th mega deep, 15th grand, bunch of cashes and runs, deepest 2nd in $109r for $6k. Guess made little bit, but could have been v good.

Weather in London has been absolutely ridic lol, so so so good. Bought some really sick garden furniture and ended up burning arms/legs a little bit.

Was at Richmond Fri/Sat at the riverside next to Pitcher and Piano, very busy but good.

Went out to shoreditch last night, pretentious as you'd expect, but was ok.

Kingston today, walking down the river, really nice.

Happy we moved to this part of the world, really is amazing.

Busy week right now, lots of stuff to get through and to do.

Have been 100% against going to Vegas but last night kind of got the urge, not sure yet, but possible will be going.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: April 10, 2017, 10:41:51 AM »

12th mega deep, 15th grand, bunch of cashes and runs, deepest 2nd in $109r for $6k. Guess made little bit, but could have been v good.

Weather in London has been absolutely ridic lol, so so so good. Bought some really sick garden furniture and ended up burning arms/legs a little bit.

Was at Richmond Fri/Sat at the riverside next to Pitcher and Piano, very busy but good.

Went out to shoreditch last night, pretentious as you'd expect, but was ok.

Kingston today, walking down the river, really nice.

Happy we moved to this part of the world, really is amazing.

Busy week right now, lots of stuff to get through and to do.

Have been 100% against going to Vegas but last night kind of got the urge, not sure yet, but possible will be going.

Glad to hear you are enjoying London.  It gets a bad press, but loved my time there.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: April 11, 2017, 03:38:12 AM »

I've been lucky enough to see a lot of cities and London's my favourite. It has such an energy and buzz about it. I think the UK in general is awesome tbh. Having a German girlfriend and exploring more of my own country as a result has made me realise that. If we had the weather too it would be NO. 1 without doubt!!

Always still check through and read this blog btw mate even though i've not posted or even been logged in for while. Great to see your success.

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
ccole21

View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: April 11, 2017, 04:29:39 PM »

if your ever around Shoreditch , I would be more than willing to show you the best places to party at. CC
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: April 14, 2017, 12:18:16 PM »

Only had a chance to read bits n bobs so far but a cracking read.

Will read up on more later.

All the best

Marky
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: April 17, 2017, 07:20:00 AM »

Sorry for not posting so much. Been really busy studying very hard. Had some nice scores recently but been working very hard 5+ hours/day.

Started to X book vs two people, and of course to my stupidity they are number 1 and number 2 in the world on pocket fives! They are very good guys and we have a lot of trust between us so it's easy and it's good for motivation.

Today was pretty sick, we were on warmup final table on Party. 25k for first and also there was one of the guys from the Xbook. He's 2/7 I'm 4/7 and shove QTs for 20bbs bvb he has to call very tight but has AK and I get the sick j92ss sweat but brick and he gets 3rd for 17k. Fml Cheesy

I managed to get lots of really good scores in the end though, had a lot of good runs and cashes. Had 6 great stacks with tonnes of potential by 1am but things didn't turn out so good until 4th in big215. Made 20+k including Xbook money so was a fun day at least.

Today I go to Nottingham and play the £10k and then day 2 of the millions which I have around 1.2m iirc.

So many people going to be there, should be pretty fun. Say hi if you're around, always like meeting people in DTD.

Btw one spot, try and tell me what you would do and don't look at HRC or any other posts, just post what you think is our jamming range here.

4 left

Cut off 13.5bbs (horse, not that it matters Cheesy)
Button 15bbs (me
Sb (100bbs)
Bb (65bbs)

Folds to us. What's our jamming range?

PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: April 17, 2017, 12:04:36 PM »

22+ Ax+ K5s+ K10o+ Q6s+ QTo+ J7s+ JTo T7s+ T9o 96s+ 86s+ 76s
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: April 17, 2017, 02:26:39 PM »

Maybe also work in some raise/call and some raise/fold at the extreme parts of this range
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: April 18, 2017, 08:18:53 AM »

been working very hard 5+ hours/day.

bad beat yawn

Must be exhausted!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: April 19, 2017, 02:34:36 AM »

been working very hard 5+ hours/day.

bad beat yawn

Must be exhausted!

Study 5, play 8, work on stable 3-4! Not many hours left in the day mate!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: April 19, 2017, 02:35:01 AM »

22+ Ax+ K5s+ K10o+ Q6s+ QTo+ J7s+ JTo T7s+ T9o 96s+ 86s+ 76s

Ato would be a very marginal jam.

Pages: 1 ... 564 565 566 567 [568] 569 570 571 572 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: