blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:47:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 579 580 [581] 582 583 584 585 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1421513 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #8700 on: November 10, 2017, 05:56:35 AM »

If he is a multi millionaire then why can he only afford a £400k flat?

He owns about 15 houses and lives off the income, he doesnt have millions just sitting there in the bank. Plus he bought the place as a project which is the reason he has all those properties.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: November 10, 2017, 12:34:32 PM »

Rates gas n leccy Alex 😂😂
Dem other bills 😂😂
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: November 10, 2017, 01:07:27 PM »

He owns about 15 houses and lives off the income, he doesnt have millions just sitting there in the bank. Plus he bought the place as a project which is the reason he has all those properties.

Call

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: November 10, 2017, 01:13:29 PM »

Call

Call as much as you want, he's gonna have his feet up retired 15 years before most people....
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: November 10, 2017, 01:29:16 PM »

Come on Woodsey! I love you normally but the story makes no sense.

If he is a millionaire several times over, whether it be in property, gold bullion or potatoes he can still afford more than a £400k council flat!

The council flat project might suit his plans, or his cash flow but it isn't an affordability issue!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: November 10, 2017, 02:57:06 PM »

Come on Woodsey! I love you normally but the story makes no sense.

If he is a millionaire several times over, whether it be in property, gold bullion or potatoes he can still afford more than a £400k council flat!

The council flat project might suit his plans, or his cash flow but it isn't an affordability issue!

Mate, affordability is an issue as he would have to sell some of his existing houses to fund the bigger house in London. That would mean he loses some income and he still has to service some dept on the properties. He would actually love to have a punt at a big juicy house in Richmond but he can’t afford it....
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: November 10, 2017, 03:13:51 PM »

Does he drive a 20 year old Fiesta? Is he interested in running a footie spread betting scheme? Count me in for 10k if so. 😑
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #8707 on: November 10, 2017, 03:27:48 PM »

Does he drive a 20 year old Fiesta? Is he interested in running a footie spread betting scheme? Count me in for 10k if so. 😑

A shit old merc actually, he’s a tight arse, that’s partly why he’s so minted 
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: November 10, 2017, 04:14:17 PM »

Hi Dave

I concur with the majority of what you say –though we have gone slightly off topic.

I think that by diversifying your bankroll you are not necessarily decreasing your bankroll – just the opposite.

Say you have a sum of £1 million and invest a third in property and a third in some investment funds.

You still have the same bankroll it is just in other assets – those investments can be cashed in or loaned against.

So now say you are saving 30K rent – this increases the BR and with a good stockbroker returns on your investments should yield 18% per annum - thus increasing the bankroll further.

If your cash bankroll drops to zero – then surely you would be reassessing your poker game.

People can and should do what they want and feel is right for them after all it is their life to lead.

Mike

Where the absolute f**k did you get that figure? Replace good with lucky and maybe I'll believe it but there's nobody returning 18%

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: November 10, 2017, 04:20:54 PM »

If I was Pads I'd be very cautious investing in anything that's going to provide a return that has to be declared to the taxman.

Sticking £500k in an investment fund at 18% sounds like fun as does buying up a few properties and waiting for the money to come in. At some point though he's going to have to pay tax on all those returns and then there's the risk of someone asking where the money came from to make those investments in the first place.

Now I know we've discussed this briefly before but there's a huge risk that HMRC would see BITBs earnings as taxable because of all the training etc. that goes on. I know there's the assumption that because it's poker winnings it's not taxable but they could easily say that the money the horses make isn't taxable but the cut that goes to BITB is entirely different. They could class it as training money or even a loan, who knows?

Yes it might all be great and fine but why take the risk when you can carry on below the radar making chunks?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: November 10, 2017, 04:33:33 PM »

Call

Call as much as you want, he's gonna have his feet up retired 15 years before most people....

Not if HMRC have anything to do with it he isn't Sad

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: November 10, 2017, 04:38:54 PM »

Hi Dave

I concur with the majority of what you say –though we have gone slightly off topic.

I think that by diversifying your bankroll you are not necessarily decreasing your bankroll – just the opposite.

Say you have a sum of £1 million and invest a third in property and a third in some investment funds.

You still have the same bankroll it is just in other assets – those investments can be cashed in or loaned against.

So now say you are saving 30K rent – this increases the BR and with a good stockbroker returns on your investments should yield 18% per annum - thus increasing the bankroll further.

If your cash bankroll drops to zero – then surely you would be reassessing your poker game.

People can and should do what they want and feel is right for them after all it is their life to lead.

Mike

Where the absolute f**k did you get that figure? Replace good with lucky and maybe I'll believe it but there's nobody returning 18%

Missed that gem.  Should just jack work in, borrow against the house and earn bazillions.  All that I need to do is forget everything I have learned over the years and believe.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: November 10, 2017, 04:43:04 PM »

The average SNP return over ninety years has been just under 10 percent.

The SE about 7 percent.

If you use a boutique broker of repute - that have been going since the coffee shop days and you take a medium risk your returns should be around  18 percent.  If your up to letting them invest in a higher risk area the returns can be much higher. Even a moderate risk over the last five years will have been rewarded with a 7 percent yield.

If your really lucky and invest your money with a friendly hedge fund then it is not usual to see returns of 40 percent +++

Though it is also not unusual to see big losses

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: November 10, 2017, 05:11:13 PM »

The average SNP return over ninety years has been just under 10 percent.

The SE about 7 percent.

If you use a boutique broker of repute - that have been going since the coffee shop days and you take a medium risk your returns should be around  18 percent.  If your up to letting them invest in a higher risk area the returns can be much higher. Even a moderate risk over the last five years will have been rewarded with a 7 percent yield.

If your really lucky and invest your money with a friendly hedge fund then it is not usual to see returns of 40 percent +++

Though it is also not unusual to see big losses

This is complete nonsense.

Real returns above inflation are what matters.  Since 2000, you'd have struggled to even beat inflation.  There is ample evidence that professional fund managers have no benefit, and on average you just lose their additional fees and costs.

18% is just plucked from the air.  Hedge funds perform absolutely terribly on average and their fees are normally obscene.

But good luck.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #8714 on: November 10, 2017, 05:34:02 PM »

Your replies always seem to be fractious

I can assure that returns of 18 percent are easily achievable and I have just looked at my portfolio over the last five years and these are the returns that have been achieved each year through my stockbroker.

I do agree that I have not taken into account inflation and tax – taking them into account the yield return is probably more like 13 percent allowing for allowances.

Insinuating that financial advisers and hedge funds are not good – so far off the mark.

U2 the band have made more money from their investments early on in Facebook and Google than they have from their music career - decisions made by their financial adviser

Pages: 1 ... 577 578 579 580 [581] 582 583 584 585 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: