blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:53:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 582 583 [584] 585 586 587 588 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1416230 times)
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #8745 on: November 13, 2017, 03:26:29 PM »

Even in Somerset you don't find many fish n chip eating, fine wine guzzling pig farmers. Smiley

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: November 13, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »

As an old person (57) as I stated before I have made it and lost it on several occasions – life is a punt and you only live it once.

Age does not necessarily make you less risk adverse – it also does not necessarily make you any wiser.

Success or failure, it does not matter in the big picture of life it should be whether you made the right decisions for you –

Also sometimes it pays to do things completely outside your comfort zone or to do things you don’t think you would be capable of doing.

I am about to go into a chapter of my life (nightmare for the Mrs) my current thoughts are:

Fish and Chip shops – which I know nothing about (they generate good cash flow)
Pig Farming – which I know absolutely nothing about (I like pigs)
Importing fine wine – which I know a little about

Whatever I choose – I know it’s going to be a roller coaster of a ride but it will be fun.

There is still life in the old dog and if all goes belly up well we will just start again.

If I knew your stockbroker I'd just be getting my hands on a load of 0% credit cards and low rate loans then ship it all to him for a nice easy 18% return.

Surely any of the above require initial investment? Seriously, if you can return 18% at a time when you can get a mortgage at 1% why would you be considering anything else?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: November 13, 2017, 04:54:06 PM »

Fish and Chip shops – which I know nothing about (they generate good cash flow)

Don't wanna de-rail too hard, if you start from scratch you'll find it an absolute money-pitt, if you buy as a going concern then you'll pay way above typical commercial rate because there's a "book-rate" and the "off-the -book-rate." Basically if you're looking for a business that's a good till then F&C shops not the one as they are a serious grind.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: November 15, 2017, 04:22:07 AM »

Been really great last few days, lots of my goals building great momentum.

The "p-files" I have really great vision of how its going to be and 2 great guys working on it for me, feeling great about that and know its going to give me huge edge next year. Will continue expanding it throughout 2018 and then retire in December and sell it Cheesy haha just kidding, welllll maybe.

In Hungary now and will hopefully sign 3 new deals tomorrow which will be great mutually beneficial deals. Will hopefully be able to make a post about it on Friday.

Reviewing of the stable is tough as always. Unfortunately every 3-4 months you just have to simply drop a bunch of people. People fall behind for lots of different reasons, laziness, personal life, health, but also some people just run really bad to an extent where its really tough to recover. Reminds us to always stress importance of game selection and playing games you really crush in.

partypoker going amazingly well, really happy with progression there and hope after new software updates we really kick on.

I have clear vision of how my personal/health/fitness/diet will look like in the near future, but that is somewhat a problem, I am so busy either travelling for business, going to play poker somewhere or theres a series online or whatever and I always say ok next week, this is all done I'll start, and then something important comes up and I say ok ok one more week. Will have one last blast out in Budapest in the next couple of days, but next week we start! haha.

Regarding flights etc I woke up 11am today, flight 1pm, basically immediately decided to sack it off and book the 6pm. I managed to have 3-4 good extra hours of sleep and then 2 hours of important meetings, so seemed gto. BA let me change for free too <3

On the flight I planned to sleep, but passenger infront of me ended up being a senior person in a really big company and they were doing a presentation for the chiefs of the company in Budapest and through the tiny hole on the left of the seats I managed to read the entire presentation as they were doing it. Pretty interesting insights, is this creepy? Standard?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: November 15, 2017, 04:27:05 AM »

On the topic of bankroll management, I really didn't get many responses, which is fine, but coming begging for more again Smiley

So lets say my schedule next year for live tournaments is

5k main events  - 100% roi
10k main events - 100% roi
10k highrollers - 40% roi
25k highrollers - 10% roi
50k highrollers - 20% roi
100k highrollers - 15% roi
300k highroller - 20% roi
1m highroller - 15% roi

Lets just say those roi's are true and my poker bankroll was $1m, $2m and $5m what kind of BRM would you use for all of those tournaments.

I saw this week guys who are playing 1m live events and all regs are 100k+ tournaments were selling for 2k online events, so made me requestion the whole thing.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: November 16, 2017, 03:55:06 AM »

I think average field size is a very under utilized statistic in this spot.
The world's best badugi player shot taking the 2k wcoop has lower variance than someone spinning up his last 200$ for the mil.

I think the % I'd take would vary wildly depending more so on that figure than actual roi. 5k in Merit I'd take a way bigger piece in than the Barcelona main even with a lower roi. I took double the % in the 5k plo8 in Prague with 70 runners compared to the EPT main and honestly its probably more degen with the main despite the actual $/% involved.

What is the long run and what is the risk of ruin?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: November 16, 2017, 01:43:34 PM »

We're really happy to announce our new plans of the first ever "Super Stable" in poker. bitB Staking has been around for the last 3 years and have created the best community of coaches and players in online poker with people like Fedor Holz the mastermind behind the whole project 3 years ago and current roster of people like Steffen Sontheimer and Dietrich Fast amongst dozens of other high stakes crushers.

Moving forward we are looking to expand in every area of poker, creating communities of players that work together to become the best in the business in their area of expertise.

One of the main problems we had when looking to expand was difficult of communication for very complex strategical discussions. Lower stakes players who didn't have English as their first language struggled sometimes with confidence in expressing themselves or completely grasping topics to the complexity needed to really move to the top of the game.

We are delighted to partner with one of the best Spin "n" Go stables in the world Pro Poker Backing and create "bitB Spins". They already have some of the top coaches in the world and their roster of 100+ players we will look to both improve and increase by creating a community feel similar to what bitB MTT currently has.

As well as creating bitB Spins we are delighted to announce we have moved into regional franchises including both bitB France and bitB Hungary, all three new branches of the bitB tree will be live from December 1st. You can email: bitbstaking@gmail.com

Currently the formation of the company is:

bitB MTT
bitB Development
bitB Spins
bitB France
bitB Hungary

Moving forward in the short future we would like to expand to:

bitB MTT
bitB Development
bitB Spins
bitB France
bitB Hungary
- - -
bitB Online Cash
bitB Live Cash
bitB Live MTT's
bitB Brazil
bitB Espana
bitB Italy

and many more.

If you currently have a successful stable in a niche market or in a regional market then feel free to get in touch about speaking about a cooperation.

We are very determined and confident that in every area of online and live poker we will be the number 1 community to improve your game.

Each branch of the brand whether that be deep stack cash games, 3 handed spin n gos, live cash or bitB Brazil will combine together, all coaches will cooperate and we will ensure that our players will be months ahead of the competition.

We are very excited to become the first "Super Stable" but also realise it will take a lot of hard work, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

TheRagingBull
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: November 16, 2017, 04:26:39 PM »

Any plans for a subscription to content only for people who dont meet pre-reqs or cant commit to a stable/staking?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: November 16, 2017, 04:58:20 PM »

On the topic of bankroll management, I really didn't get many responses, which is fine, but coming begging for more again Smiley

So lets say my schedule next year for live tournaments is

5k main events  - 100% roi
10k main events - 100% roi
10k highrollers - 40% roi
25k highrollers - 10% roi
50k highrollers - 20% roi
100k highrollers - 15% roi
300k highroller - 20% roi
1m highroller - 15% roi

Lets just say those roi's are true and my poker bankroll was $1m, $2m and $5m what kind of BRM would you use for all of those tournaments.

I saw this week guys who are playing 1m live events and all regs are 100k+ tournaments were selling for 2k online events, so made me requestion the whole thing.

The 1m high roller carries with it an enormous amount of publicity/opportunity which you have to take in to account particularly given where you're heading with BitB. Obviously needs to be a WSOP type event not some random in Macau that nobody will ever know about.

If your BR was 2m I think a shot at a 1m would be worth sacrificing the potential shots at 100k and 300k. 100k/300k could be played as a shot off 2m but where's the prestige? 100k comp winners are ten a penny these days unfortunately.

If you had a 1m BR I think a couple of years playing the high roi 5k/10k to build for a shot at a 1m would be a fine plan. I don't think taking shots at 50k/100k whilst building for a shot at a 1m would be worth the sacrifice.

When I was still enjoying poker it was all about playing small events aiming to win enough to buy in to a bigger event, the ultimate goal for me being an EPT or the main event.

If you've got a 100% roi at 5k/10k it won't take long to win a million and take a shot at stardom.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8754 on: November 16, 2017, 05:03:42 PM »

I will play all these tournaments but take smaller pieces of different ones. The question is more what % of bankroll is gto to invest in each of the different ones if that makes sense? One of biggest mistakes people make is not playing higher buy ins with small % of themselves. If 1m is super soft it's way better to play with 5k action of yourself than a 5k turbo for example.

In the super high rollers the Germans play for 1-5% of themselves a tonne of the time. When you're selling at say 1.05 if you can sell 98% of 1m at a premium, it's good! Even 100k

edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: November 16, 2017, 06:22:32 PM »

Hi mate,

The key differential in your situation is the income derived from BITB. This means that when modelling 'likelihood' of ruin your situation is vastly different to the %s others should play who are entirely dependent on their pure roll.

Ongoing income from other sources means you should be playing much harder than those that live or die by a pure capital base.

Hope you're well!

Allez!!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: November 16, 2017, 11:11:43 PM »

Hi mate,

The key differential in your situation is the income derived from BITB. This means that when modelling 'likelihood' of ruin your situation is vastly different to the %s others should play who are entirely dependent on their pure roll.

Ongoing income from other sources means you should be playing much harder than those that live or die by a pure capital base.

Hope you're well!

Good posts, but surely it depends on the volatility of that income stream too?

If you are getting 100k weekly swings from BiTB then maybe you shouldn't be too nitty with your buy ins either?

Pleno needs to take a stab at the distribution of his earnings as well as the ROI.  Some people are very much win or nothing, where as the chainsaw's of this World will experience lower volatility.   Someone might have a pretty level distribution in the highrollers, but much more skewed to first in the 10ks and so on.

Do 300ks really have a bigger ROI than 100Ks?

Your bankroll is important too.  If you have a £1m roll, the answer is different from a £10m roll.

Finally, what probability of ruin can you tolerate, once every 5 years or once every 100?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
hatthehole

View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: November 16, 2017, 11:36:42 PM »

1.8% of the roll for the 300k assuming same payouts as last year
1.7% for the 5k main in sochi
4.8% for the 10k hiroller in malta

to get the perfect answer you need more maths and computer skills than ive got and more detailed data. Obv your only estimating your edge anyway so i think these answers are reasonable.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: November 17, 2017, 10:04:09 PM »

Middy doesn't do forum contributions...but when he does...

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: November 27, 2017, 04:11:12 AM »

Growing up watching poker, I thought one day when I make it I'll be able to play GUKPTs. I would play the free roll entry and £5 rebuy on a Wednesday in Grosvenor when I was 18, I loved it and got such a buzz. The very first time I played in the free roll I got knocked out and they asked if I would rebuy and I remember very clearly saying "no, no you guys are WAY too good for me" these guys are in hindsight absolute fish but at the time I saw them and was like wow. When GUKPT came into town I would go down and sweat it the whole time, every second of the weekend I would be on the rail, watching and trying to learn.

I've only ever managed to play one GUKPT before and it was a small one, I've also never played in London since I've moved so when the GUKPT Grand Finale with double the normal buy-in came I wasn't going to miss it.

Day 1 was very smooth, played probably 80% vpip, most people told me what they had most hands, won one cool pot where it went open, call, I squeeze. AA2 I check and face a 4x pot overbet jam and his K7o was drawing dead vs my Aces lol.

Day 2 went well too and then I decided to play one of most ****ed up hands that I've ever played. I think reading like high rollers etc is pretty hard, peoples emotions etc, even like your average EPT reg its relatively tough, but for a somewhat experienced live player, playing these local tournaments a lot of people will often just tell you what they've got, I speak to almost all the guys, find out how they got in the event, have banter, find out their job, ask if they went away in the summer etc, finding out all about their life story is 1) Interesting 2) Gives gigantic advantage. For the guys out there wearing headphones, seriously, take them off!!!

Anyway, I open TT, Bena flats, button flats, sb flats, bb flats. 987r, I check, pretty close, but I don't want to get raised and will be basically checking here always. Everybody checks round.

Turn 987T, checks to button who bets like 40-50% pot, like 30k into 65ish. BB gives away his hand and flats, they both have around 250k and I have around 350k. We are at the end of Day 2, 36 left, 30 get paid, average like 170 or something. I think button often doesn't have a jack. Maybe just stabbing or potentially a six or maybe some kind of random hand. BB I am close to certain has Jx, otf he wasn't interested at all, he was on his phone (I played lots vs this guy and when he's interested he's looking at everybody when he's not he's on the phone) and on the turn he put his phone away and started paying attention and called quickly. Because I have TT he likely didn't turn 2 pair so he either has 6x or Jx.

I think both players never have Jx and the way the hand was played my shove is really really really huge, if I for example win all in here I have like 5x average or something absurd. I think button will fold almost always with the guy behind him, but the question is will the big blind fold.

Likely bena never has 7/8/9/T in his hand as all those combos will bet flop when he peels mp vs ep. SB I am almost sure has jack with no pair and button I think will have 2 pair virtually never. So theres:

52 cards
4x board
2x bena
2x button
2x sb
2x bb

So theres 8 cards that I think aren't connected to the board in terms of pairs that means I add a bunch of equity compared to what I would normally have in this kind of spot.

So theres 38 cards left and I have
3 7's
3 8's
3 9's
2 T's

To win

3 Jacks to chop.

So over 36% of the time I am not going to get stacked, theres a bunch of dead money and I seriously think that BB will NEVER consider me to jam with less than Jx and to be really QJ heavy. He's basically calling for his tournament life and heaps of BB's just for a chop, I don't think this kind of amateur makes that call on the bubble, and yeah if I'm wrong, I still get in the money OR win absolute monster stack.

Button tanked and folded, bb took longer, I eventually called clock on him and he folded AJ.

Throughout the hand I was like omg WTF am I doing, just call, hit a full house, no problem, to ok maybe it isn't too bad to WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF am I doing. It was a big big sweat but eventually got through.

Anyway, got into the money, was chip leader for bits and bobs for the rest of the time and I got to the FT pretty short losing a few inevitable flips. I busted jamming 10bbs in cut off in close ICM spot, the amateur on the button (guy who folded aj) was 1/8 with absolute heaps and everybody else ICM pressure, I waited for him and he went to his phone instead of looking at me so jammed a little wider than ICM would suggest (87hh9, he folded but bb had 99 and it was gg.

Anyway, £14,000 is just fine, winning would have been amazing and meant something little special from bottom to top of my poker career, but had an amazing few days and went away with smile on face so np.

Rushed home at around 8pm after 3 long days, logged on to reg the HR Series, managed to get this sweat for tomorrow.

Click to see full-size image.

Pages: 1 ... 580 581 582 583 [584] 585 586 587 588 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: