blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:53:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Dealing With Intimidation....Advice Please.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dealing With Intimidation....Advice Please.  (Read 9661 times)
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2012, 03:46:14 PM »

Right, now that I've had time to calm down, I thought I'd share this little story with you and hopefully gain some advice on where I stand.

Just 2 doors away from me lives your standard 16 yr old scumbag youth and his Mum, now bear in mind I've never personally had any run in with this lot but my wife has, on occasions had to speak to him maybe twice in 2 years over minor matters like kicking a football at our car etc etc.  I have 2 young children aged 2 and 11 months, and with all the snow that's been falling, my wife and daughter enjoyed building a snowman on the front grass for the first time yesterday and it was great to see my daughter's face beaming with joy.

I go to work yesterday afternoon for my shift, only to get a phone call at about 8pm from my wife who's in tears because this youth and 3 of his mates decided to come round and completely destroy the snowman and throw snowballs at our window, purely to get the attention of my wife for her to see who did it.

Now, here's the problem.....nothing has been damaged or stolen, but my wife is, in my opinion suffering a form of intimidation and is a little worried about being on her own with the kids while I'm at work on late shift.  There's nothing I'd love to do more than go round and kick the sh1t out of him but that's not the answer, neither is going round and talking to his Mum (she won't care and would probably hurl abuse).

It's a tricky spot because If I do anything at all, the repercussions will get worse and it'll get out of hand, however, I'm having a real hard time just letting it go as I'm still seething to be honest.

What can I do?  The only hope on the horizon is that we were planning on moving this coming year anyway due to only having a 2 bed home.

I can live with the snowman being destroyed.....that's just sad and pathetic of him.  Although seeing my daughter in tears this morning was a tough one to stomach, and I can handle the football thing, but I can't stand by while he potentially could be causing my wife distress while on her own at nights.  I fear I'm in a no win situation because this could run and run and run and ultimately end up being rather messy.

Apologies if you feel I'm over reacting here but it's just tipped me over the edge to have my daughter in tears and my wife worried for her safety.

Just remembered about all this and thought I'd post a quick update.

It's been just over a year since all this and right now things have worked out great.  We moved house last July to a lovely village 3 miles away called Farndon, it was where we had wanted to go but never thought we'd be lucky enough to live here.  Our house was on the market for just 2 months before we sold it, and, during this time, we looked round our potential new house and really loved it but thought we'd never get it as we run so bad.

Now I have a large garden with plenty of grass for the kids, 3 beds and most of all, peace and quiet with no scum within the immediate vicinity!  Can honestly say I've never been happier.

Farndon is your typical large village.....2 pubs, a restaurant, shop and the lovely River Trent and Marina literally 2 mins walk away......happy days.....now where did I put my baseball bat!
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2012, 03:53:57 PM »

Right, now that I've had time to calm down, I thought I'd share this little story with you and hopefully gain some advice on where I stand.

Just 2 doors away from me lives your standard 16 yr old scumbag youth and his Mum, now bear in mind I've never personally had any run in with this lot but my wife has, on occasions had to speak to him maybe twice in 2 years over minor matters like kicking a football at our car etc etc.  I have 2 young children aged 2 and 11 months, and with all the snow that's been falling, my wife and daughter enjoyed building a snowman on the front grass for the first time yesterday and it was great to see my daughter's face beaming with joy.

I go to work yesterday afternoon for my shift, only to get a phone call at about 8pm from my wife who's in tears because this youth and 3 of his mates decided to come round and completely destroy the snowman and throw snowballs at our window, purely to get the attention of my wife for her to see who did it.

Now, here's the problem.....nothing has been damaged or stolen, but my wife is, in my opinion suffering a form of intimidation and is a little worried about being on her own with the kids while I'm at work on late shift.  There's nothing I'd love to do more than go round and kick the sh1t out of him but that's not the answer, neither is going round and talking to his Mum (she won't care and would probably hurl abuse).

It's a tricky spot because If I do anything at all, the repercussions will get worse and it'll get out of hand, however, I'm having a real hard time just letting it go as I'm still seething to be honest.

What can I do?  The only hope on the horizon is that we were planning on moving this coming year anyway due to only having a 2 bed home.

I can live with the snowman being destroyed.....that's just sad and pathetic of him.  Although seeing my daughter in tears this morning was a tough one to stomach, and I can handle the football thing, but I can't stand by while he potentially could be causing my wife distress while on her own at nights.  I fear I'm in a no win situation because this could run and run and run and ultimately end up being rather messy.

Apologies if you feel I'm over reacting here but it's just tipped me over the edge to have my daughter in tears and my wife worried for her safety.

Just remembered about all this and thought I'd post a quick update.

It's been just over a year since all this and right now things have worked out great.  We moved house last July to a lovely village 3 miles away called Farndon, it was where we had wanted to go but never thought we'd be lucky enough to live here.  Our house was on the market for just 2 months before we sold it, and, during this time, we looked round our potential new house and really loved it but thought we'd never get it as we run so bad.

Now I have a large garden with plenty of grass for the kids, 3 beds and most of all, peace and quiet with no scum within the immediate vicinity!  Can honestly say I've never been happier.

Farndon is your typical large village.....2 pubs, a restaurant, shop and the lovely River Trent and Marina literally 2 mins walk away......happy days.....now where did I put my baseball bat!

Good to hear mate.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2012, 04:33:49 PM »

Kidnap him and tie him to a chair in a dark room.

Pour a mixture of 1 part petrol to12 parts water over him. Smells just right but not dangerous.

Tell the little f**knut you've been hired by a group of neighbours who want him burned alive if he ever gets out of line again.

A couple of rottweilers chained to the walls will add to the dramatic effect.

Balaclavas may be required to pull this one off without repercussions.

The young person may be very traumatised by this and I wouldn't be surprised to see urination or defecation. Both would be a sign that your ploy had worked.

If you haven't got the mettle to do this yourself get a group of neighbours together and hire someone who has to do it for you.

Brilliant

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2012, 06:01:42 PM »

Great outcome, enjoy

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2012, 06:05:45 PM »

Do you keep in touch with the people who bought your house?
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2012, 08:22:06 PM »

What ever happened to ,,,,,,,,,,,sofa king,,,,i miss him

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2012, 08:24:14 PM »

He had a fall out with a few people on one of his number plate threads, and decided not to post on blonde anymore

He's not banned, his choice

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2012, 12:19:51 AM »

He was on here coupla weeks ago cos received comma free pm offering FLUSHY plate at bargain price.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »

Great to hear its all worked out fine.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2012, 12:41:59 PM »

He was on here coupla weeks ago cos received comma free pm offering FLUSHY plate at bargain price.

Wasn't an exclusive offer then  Cheesy I messaged him back but got no reply, come back Sofa,,,,,,,,,/,,,,,//,

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: