blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:06:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  wow just wow,wow,wow FLUSHY
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: wow just wow,wow,wow FLUSHY  (Read 84071 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: February 04, 2011, 07:13:47 PM »

WTF happened here?

I wish I could reply as eloquently as Tom did yesterday, but I cannot.

It grieves me terribly to see two friends of mine falling out, it must be how a Dad feels when his kids have a barney.

I've known & 100% trusted both Camel & Sofa since long before blonde was ever thought of, & I trust them equally. Neither would ever do me wrong, & I'd snap-loan both of them money without a 2nd thought if the need arose.

Sofa is the original loveable rogue. I cannot imagine a soul on earth who would not adore him if they met him just once, he's the funniest, sharpest, wittiest guy (& crap poker player) you could ever wish to meet. If I were in a bit of trouble, & needed a good friend I could trust to help me through, those two would be on a very short list. If Sofa &, say, a Table comic like Evil ever share a poker Table, go watch & listen, you'll never have more fun.

He's offered to sell me car plates several times. He said he'd do it at cost, & he would. It would not bother me if he turned a profit on the deal, that's how business works,  but he would insist on doing it at cost.

I hope it all cools down, it's just the written word coming across wrong. If Camel & James ever meet, they'll soon become big muckers. That's nailed on.

Both have been terrific friends to me over many years. This thread won't change that, but I wish the thread would just end..../////\\......

PS - Draw us a picture of hippozebrarhinoceroaffe please James. Thery'll all know you'd mad, then. Oh, & give Tighty a break, please, it's not fair on him. Do as you're told, right?

the thing that I don't get is this. if someone is as great as you say sofa is yet repeatedly gets numerous people having a go at him for the stuff he posts, how is there not a thought process somewhere along the line that makes him realise there is something in his posting style that's causing it? instead he takes the easier option of inventing a clique that's out to get him

sofa, think before you post, read what you've written before you hit the post button, consider how you're coming across because last night you came across like a prize idiot in a number of posts. it's no surprise that MC wrote what he did, that's the impression that you often give. today I assume you have thought about what you're writing as you're coming across normally

I'm now keeping a list of people who hate my mum for her personalised plate. and my stepdad whose plate is worth more than his car

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 04, 2011, 07:14:09 PM »

when i bought flushy i obv had flushy in mind
i phoned quite a few of my poker FRIENDS  and asked tham all what do you think its worth
before i could say anything 99% of them all said words to this.,.,
F-OO-K ME flushy off BLONDE WILL PAY YOU £30-40-50 EVEN 100K FOR IT LOL I DID,..,.,
and these are all big mates of flushys,..,.,

What mates of mine would tell you i would pay that much money for a plate? Doubt you have the numbers of any of my mates.

I was wondering which of your mates call you 'flushy off blonde'

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 04, 2011, 07:16:07 PM »

Jewellry of all sorts makes you look nicer and feel better about yourself. And/or might have sentimental value.

really? almost everytime I see someone in jewellery it's making them look tacky and cheap. then I do live in east london

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 04, 2011, 07:17:21 PM »

This is actually a really interesting topic, and I'm sure plenty of economists/sociologists would have something to say on it. There are a lot of false comparisons being made in this thread, and a lot of distinctions that aren't being made.

For instance, buying a private reg plate is not comparable with buying a bigger house, or a nicer watch. In fact, it's like buying a house that's worth 200k but choosing to pay 400k for it, and then putting a whacking great sign on the front of it that says, "This house cost £400k". The private reg plate doesn't do anything different, isn't nicer, and contributes nothing to your life except in its role as that sign. It isn't comparable to the tattoo or the jewelery that makes you stand out or look different - because it's just a sign next to you that points to you and says, "This guy stands out and looks different (and has money)".

On the other side of the argument can sometimes of course be the fact that it isn't necessarily a waste of money at all (much less so, in fact, than a first class plane ticket, which is worth nothing once you've arrived at your destination, or than a car or watch that immediately becomes second-hand once you've owned it for a minute). As long as there remains a market for it, it can be an investment in the same way that a piece of art or a bottle of wine can be. It feels like a fragile investment (and probably is) because its worth isn't intrinsic and is based only on what someone else is willing to pay for it, but that isn't all that unusual - tulip bulbs and modern art are maybe comparable.

As a bit of an aside, I can see therefore that buying the A1 number plate, for example, isn't a waste of money at all - it's just an investment, as someone else will always want it. I can't imagine that anyone would pay a quarter of a million for a Bellway plate, on the other hand - because as soon as Bellway buy it, it's surely worthless, so it would actually cost the company an unrecoverable quarter of a million. The Flushy plate would suffer from the same problem, I suppose, though to a lesser extent.

As another aside, though you can probably tell this from the above, I generally agree with Keith...

ok, I resisted long enough! I have never read so much drivel in my life!

cba to point out the bollox in the post other than the bit highlighted - and why do people think that reg's cost alot of money? 95% of private plates go for < £600

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 04, 2011, 07:21:22 PM »

I bought my wife a personal plate for her birthday, she was very happy gave me really good sex!

Seems like a good reason to me. Also saved me being a tosser.

Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 04, 2011, 07:25:59 PM »

This is actually a really interesting topic, and I'm sure plenty of economists/sociologists would have something to say on it. There are a lot of false comparisons being made in this thread, and a lot of distinctions that aren't being made.

For instance, buying a private reg plate is not comparable with buying a bigger house, or a nicer watch. In fact, it's like buying a house that's worth 200k but choosing to pay 400k for it, and then putting a whacking great sign on the front of it that says, "This house cost £400k". The private reg plate doesn't do anything different, isn't nicer, and contributes nothing to your life except in its role as that sign. It isn't comparable to the tattoo or the jewelery that makes you stand out or look different - because it's just a sign next to you that points to you and says, "This guy stands out and looks different (and has money)".

On the other side of the argument can sometimes of course be the fact that it isn't necessarily a waste of money at all (much less so, in fact, than a first class plane ticket, which is worth nothing once you've arrived at your destination, or than a car or watch that immediately becomes second-hand once you've owned it for a minute). As long as there remains a market for it, it can be an investment in the same way that a piece of art or a bottle of wine can be. It feels like a fragile investment (and probably is) because its worth isn't intrinsic and is based only on what someone else is willing to pay for it, but that isn't all that unusual - tulip bulbs and modern art are maybe comparable.

As a bit of an aside, I can see therefore that buying the A1 number plate, for example, isn't a waste of money at all - it's just an investment, as someone else will always want it. I can't imagine that anyone would pay a quarter of a million for a Bellway plate, on the other hand - because as soon as Bellway buy it, it's surely worthless, so it would actually cost the company an unrecoverable quarter of a million. The Flushy plate would suffer from the same problem, I suppose, though to a lesser extent.

As another aside, though you can probably tell this from the above, I generally agree with Keith...

ok, I resisted long enough! I have never read so much drivel in my life!

cba to point out the bollox in the post other than the bit highlighted - and why do people think that reg's cost alot of money? 95% of private plates go for < £600

Yeah, fair enough, well argued, you win.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 04, 2011, 07:34:34 PM »

I bought my wife a personal plate for her birthday, she was very happy gave me really good sex!

That's it, people buy personal things for loads of different reasons. A father to thrill his daughter perhaps or a husband to get brownie points from the wife, mother's day, loads of healthy reasons. Funny to think you might be driving a borrowed car but you've got people pulling up behind you at the lights thinking you're a tosser. You can't possibly judge anything about the character of somebody driving past with a plate. How ridiculous. It's just cynical negativity being spewed out into the world and has zero bearing on reality.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 04, 2011, 07:40:28 PM »

That's it, people buy personal things for loads of different reasons. A father to thrill his daughter perhaps or a husband to get brownie points from the wife, mother's day, loads of healthy reasons. Funny to think you might be driving a borrowed car but you've got people pulling up behind you at the lights thinking you're a tosser. You can't possibly judge anything about the character of somebody driving past with a plate. How ridiculous. It's just cynical negativity being spewed out into the world and has zero bearing on reality.

I know it's not publicly fashionable to agree with you Mantis but I do. Wink

Ah! The element of surprise
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 04, 2011, 07:43:22 PM »

maybe it was getting a bit heated lastnight,but i still stand by what i said,
if ever i am wrong, or feel i might be wrong i hold my hand up and say,
but i feel lastnight i was not wrong,

ok i understand if you think im spamming the forum,i suppose 50/50 yes,but also at the same time i wanted to show that there is ways of making money with a guarantee,of no loss,as i was told it CANT be done.

i even said to some members if they can find customers,by block emailing etc i would give them a cut.
i know there are lots of very clever people on here who dont WORK that could help me and help themselves by doing this...

buying and selling plates IS NOT my income....it started as a bit of a hobby/project...but after a few months of research,and dealings,it has proven to be fruitfull.

as for what MC said,,,,well i think you all know how i feel about that......i know that if i would have said that about someone it would have been instaban. for me..but im not in the click...
as to camel,
debate is good for the forum,i would have admired you more of a man if you would have just come out and said this is wrong stop spamming the forum,than going around the mullberry bush,firstly saying people with private plates are all tossers,(thats a big statment) when you could have easily said i think they look ridiculous,not my style etc....then change to saying you shouldnt earn money from your friends,mantis hit the nail,by saying about when (NOT JUST YOU) but MOST poker players sit with friends trying to take their money off them with ease....EVERY NIGHT.

if the mods or the OWNER of the site feels this whole thread should be taken off then do so,i wont lose sleep over it,as ive said numerous times it was to prove,it could work.....out of all the plates ive put on here i have not tried to sell them to anyone apart from FLUSHY...as ive said coz i really wanted him to have it..
ok i was trying to make money on it...thats business...all other plates that i have been asked to find/buy or sell to any other members there was NO profit or earnings being made by me,i stated this clearly to all members when they have asked me for something....(a few of them taken back by saying whats your cut mate?? when i replied NOTHING ,,,thier answer WOW sofa thanks alot mate....)

if people think i bite to easy,maybe i do,because im passionate about how i conduct myself,but one thing ive never been is a c-n-t or a grimmer....

For what it's worth every single time in my life I have driven past a car with a personalised number plate I have thought "tosser" or something similar.

It is a dire waste of money and almost obscene to flaunt wealth in this way when there is so much poverty in the UK/the world.

I find this an odd statement from a professional gambler.... for someone to use word like  'dire waste of money' and then put lumps of money on sporting chance is insane

To make such a generalisation as everyone who owns a personal number plate is a tosser is a bit shallow imo..its a bit of fun and on the whole £500-£600 isnt such a massive thing as saying putting a bag on the head of some nag in the 3.30 at kempton... think its one of thos marmite situations love em or hate em..... i had one on one of my motors..but it was a bit special and thought it would be nice..... oh and obv im a flash tosser..and you know what..i don't give a fuck lolz...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 04, 2011, 07:49:18 PM »

when i bought flushy i obv had flushy in mind
i phoned quite a few of my poker FRIENDS  and asked tham all what do you think its worth
before i could say anything 99% of them all said words to this.,.,
F-OO-K ME flushy off BLONDE WILL PAY YOU £30-40-50 EVEN 100K FOR IT LOL I DID,..,.,
and these are all big mates of flushys,..,.,

What mates of mine would tell you i would pay that much money for a plate? Doubt you have the numbers of any of my mates.

You keep saying its not about the money yet you are trying to make a profit off me??

I figure you got it for 1800, i will pay 2k to give you a drink on top for finding it, if you had come to me and said oh look at this figured you might like it i would have bunged you 200 for the lead if i bought it so its same to me either way.

Personally if i was looking around and found some super rare train book for example i would not buy it tack on x% extra and then flog it to tikay, i would just tell him where he can get the book.

a book worth £100 max is different to a plate worth 20-30-40k
anyways u cant have it now not even for £20k unless it all goes to charity.,.,.,ban me if you like as you OWN this site.,.,.,i wont lose sleep.,.,.,
there were atleast 4 people you associate with on a regular basis said stick it up you.,.,.,but i asked you to make an offer when you offered £1500 for it who was taking the pi55?

oh and by the way when i sell it there will be a nice chunk going to charity.,.,.,

Just to add if there was a book tikay wanted
And I knew he wanted it
I would have just bought it for him as a gift...
This is where everybody is different
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:23:52 PM by sofa----king » Logged

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 04, 2011, 07:58:10 PM »

Manchester United and England superstar Wayne Rooney paid upwards of £10,000 for his old plate, “WAZ 8”, after his nickname “Wazza”.
source Autotrader

I'm pretty sure anything more than 2k for Flushy's plate was always going to be a tad optimistic

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 04, 2011, 08:03:19 PM »

Manchester United and England superstar Wayne Rooney paid upwards of £10,000 for his old plate, “WAZ 8”, after his nickname “Wazza”.
source Autotrader

I'm pretty sure anything more than 2k for Flushy's plate was always going to be a tad optimistic

these guys buy and sell more plates than any other firm in the uk
and they value it at see link...

https://www.regtransfers.co.uk/main/secureordering/orderregmark.asp?web=1&searchpage=homepage&searchtype=2&regno=FL11%20SHY&regprice=20995&index=0&st=&plateid=68040025&criteria=fl11shy

NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 04, 2011, 08:10:36 PM »

would of thought it was only worth what flushy was willing to pay for it...

Christopher Brammer
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 04, 2011, 08:20:18 PM »

lol at this thread only just caught up it it all
  camel sorry this aint personal but to post this   It is a dire waste of money and almost obscene to flaunt wealth in this way when there is so much poverty in the UK/the world.  when you gamble/play poker for a living is a ridiculous statement.

i run a very small bussines LJWcarpenter & joiner ....guess what i am a carpenter i want to buy a number plate for my LDV convoy van (v reg) not new or flash!
 there is a car around the corner from where i live which has a number plate on it somthing like               y46 LJW
  i would love to own this plate and put it on my van ...so acording to you i am a to55er  sorry dont get why this makes me a to55er i live a very moddest life and work very hard to support mrs fish and 3 kids.

i also give to a charity every month
so am i allowed to buy it or not??

sofa-king ...in my humble opinion your a cool guy even tho we have never met good luck with everything.

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 04, 2011, 08:29:54 PM »

lol at this thread only just caught up it it all
  camel sorry this aint personal but to post this   It is a dire waste of money and almost obscene to flaunt wealth in this way when there is so much poverty in the UK/the world.  when you gamble/play poker for a living is a ridiculous statement.

i run a very small bussines LJWcarpenter & joiner ....guess what i am a carpenter i want to buy a number plate for my LDV convoy van (v reg) not new or flash!
 there is a car around the corner from where i live which has a number plate on it somthing like               y46 LJW
  i would love to own this plate and put it on my van ...so acording to you i am a to55er  sorry dont get why this makes me a to55er i live a very moddest life and work very hard to support mrs fish and 3 kids.

i also give to a charity every month
so am i allowed to buy it or not??

sofa-king ...in my humble opinion your a cool guy even tho we have never met good luck with everything.

lots nlots of LJW plates available ,from £255.,., e.g D11 LJW  ..,,..,NO surcharge.,.,.,.,JUST GLAD TO HELP.,.,

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: