blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:53:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 ... 269 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 401269 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: April 13, 2011, 08:08:13 AM »

Vinni,

As you have decided to go ex-Facebook, & as I've not had time to Diary it either, you may not be aware that..........

Ryan won membership of Team Sky Poker on Sunday, & he done so in very trying circumstances after his internet failed him 30 minutes before he was due to try to qualify.

He told me a few months back that he planned to win it, & now he has.

I could not be more pleased for him. He plays a lot of relatively smalll stuff, does so very profitably, & gets it quietly. Top bloke.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: April 13, 2011, 08:21:04 AM »

Ryan = jakally, right?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: April 13, 2011, 08:27:34 AM »

Ryan = jakally, right?

Lol, ryan is scotty77.

Congrats on qualifying for tsp. That mean tikay is gonna be your butler for a couple of weeks?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: April 13, 2011, 08:42:50 AM »

Ryan = jakally, right?

Sadly, JAKALLY was disqualified on the grounds of his age. Old skool, & all that.

Ryan is "Scotty77", so he is, I assume, about 34. Marginal, I'd say, but technically not old. And merely half JAKALLY's age. Similar girth, though, despite that fact that Scotty has lost about 4 stones in as many months, impressive dieting that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SolarCarro

View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: April 13, 2011, 11:13:33 AM »

Railed that TSP MTT final and it was excellent, all very deserving FT and was rooting for Solly, Hursty or Scotty as any of those 3 would be fantastic for TSP

It's quite a feat to qualify for TSP so hats off to Ryan, one to watch in the GUKPT event soon!

Dave
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: April 13, 2011, 01:54:40 PM »

I know it's been said elsewhere, but I just want to wish Nirvana all the best again. He is only in his 40's, looks much older obviously. He is one of the good great guys I have met through blonde/poker.

We're lucky with this forum and a lot of the luton regs that we get to meet a lot of good people in poker - from such a roundly (haha) respected and loved member here thanks for saying such nice things.

Love you too and woulda been so good to tag along for some of the time you and Sir Cumference will be in Vegas - Chompy was always a big disappointment as company, out level 1 and stomp off moaning about KQ and Americans and then see him again in another level 1 (same outfit). Been jealous ever since I saw you making plans for a trip.

See you soon Vin
x

sola virtus nobilitat
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: April 14, 2011, 04:32:12 AM »

Managed to be the 3rd best wanker in Luton tonight. Pleased in a way as I had less than two big blinds at 1000-2000-200, with 13 left. Annoyed by the fact I played terribly 3 handed, and then went totally card dead.

Managed to win a nice bet v Tighty, by guessing how long a roulette wheel would spin, He used two fingers, but gave it a fair old shove, and he predicted it would stop by the end of the break, which had about 4 minutes left. I went for longer, I then got him to double his bet, by telling him, he can have until we play the first hand back after the break, very kind of me, considering the breaks normally over run.

The wheel was still spinning about 15 mins after the restart, so I scooped. I gave him over 10% of his bet back, as I felt he hadn't really thought the bet through properly.

Sweetest 35p I'll ever win.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: April 14, 2011, 04:35:45 AM »

Managed to have chips with my pork & lamb kebab today. Not good. But sort of compensated for it by missing out on dinner, not intentionally, just wasn't very hungry.

Need to have something healthy tomorrow, as I'm round at a friend's for dinner, and if it's decided it's a take away, then who am i to argue? Wink

Will weigh myself on friday.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2363 on: April 14, 2011, 10:04:45 AM »

Pork & Lamb kebab and chips = eating healthier?

What were you eating before, deep-fried lard burgers?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: April 14, 2011, 10:09:35 AM »

No it doesn't darling, hence, I added... Not good!

Believe it or not, I have improved the healthiness of my diet in the last 10 days. So you can imagine how bad it was before.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: April 14, 2011, 10:33:20 AM »

Pork & Lamb kebab and chips = eating healthier?

What were you eating before, deep-fried lard burgers?

rofl.

Vinny why not try and make everything you eat for a few weeks.

Kebab type food is absolute bullshit. The meat is just held together by dirty fat.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: April 14, 2011, 10:42:03 AM »

Yes yes, I know, cooking my own food is better etc.

But to assume that a) I can cook & b) I can be bothered to cook, is wrong.

Besides, peter only uses the finest cuts of meat. He told me so.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: April 14, 2011, 10:44:30 AM »

I'm upset now. I may have to comfort eat at lunchtime.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: April 14, 2011, 10:47:35 AM »

Shish kebab (cooked over charcoal, cubes of meat) with pitta, chilli sauce and salad isn't a disaster.  I order a side-salad too to make sure it is enough.

Kofte kebab (cooked over charcoal, minced meat shaped on the skewer) is not particularly good, but is really tasty, especially mixed with a shish.

Doner kebab (elephant's leg off the spit) is just complete and utter crap and a dieting no-no of all no-no's.

So having a kebab is ok imo, but steer away from doner.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: April 14, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »

Haven't had doner for 2 weeks Sad

I think the way im doing it atm is ok. I'm not trying to lose 3 stone in a month, I'm trying to gradually get myself down to a weight, were I can start exercising. Ideally 15st 7.

That's were the hard work will start. I have lost weight doing it this way in the past, hopefully will work for me again.

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 ... 269 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: