blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:46:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 961 962 963 964 [965] 966 967 968 969 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2561931 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #14460 on: April 03, 2013, 08:43:26 PM »

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=59401.15

^ I would bet my net worth that this package is considerably worse value than the one Alex has just tried to sell. I do know quite a bit about a) Alex's Game and b) all of the tournaments in question.

Most of this was snatched up inside a day. Only goes to show I'm afraid that people don't really know how to price up tournaments/mark ups at all. IMO it is certainly the buyers that are the wrong decision makers here and not the seller.

Dont get me wrong I'm not campaigning saying you've all made a massive mistake not buying this recent one, but certainly for the linked package to sell like hot cakes, and this recent MC package to get the tumbleweed treatment, highlights a massive lack of knowledge from the buyer base. This is why Beaneh's comment had such a direct effect IMO, people dont really know whether to buy or not, but they certainly don't want to buy if there is any chance they'll be perceived as being a mug.

Are you really telling me that the people who have bought now, looked at the original package and thought "hmmmmmm well I'm not sure this is a good investment, having analysed the tournaments that are on offer and the player in question, I've decided that the point at which id buy is at 1.38 (or some number between 1.3 and 1.5) or lower" and then instantly gone to buy when its been lowered by a very slight amount. I doubt it tbh.
Sigh, I bought into the Prague package  Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14461 on: April 03, 2013, 08:43:47 PM »

Aaron

so what?

Alex handled it fine

think its time you dropped it. Broken record

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #14462 on: April 03, 2013, 08:44:58 PM »

Alex has made a genuine mistake and amended it and fair do's, but still think the thread should be staying in the section to be seen, not to mention some others have that been requested to be deleted have stayed around.

Aaron, Alex didn't make a mistake, he believe(s/d) that 1.5 was a gd value package. You disagree, which is fine.

No-one has done ANYTHING WRONG HERE. Whether Alex is good value at 1.5 is a question which we all have our opinions on, and the bottomline is no-one can prove either way. Threads being deleted don't look bad either.

Pretty much agree with this apart form the 'mistake'. May be mistake is a bit harsh but Alex rectified something which enabled him to sell out. That something just happened to be the mark up.

Alex definitely didn't do anything wrong and handled it exceptionally well just like a market stall holder on a Saturday afternoon at around an hour before he closes for the weekend.

All the best Alex and good luck.

If it is not a mistake, then what is it?

Like I said previously, everything else Alex has priced up has been fair, but this seemed like a mis-calculation on his side, no?

I actually agree with you Aaron, it was a mistake but hardly a mistake with which Alex needs shooting for. Actually mis-calculation is definitely a better word for this.

Ah! The element of surprise
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14463 on: April 03, 2013, 08:52:56 PM »

i think the 1.55 FPS thread that sold out in minutes was the cause of the "miscalculation" or "mistake" whatever you wish to call it.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14464 on: April 03, 2013, 08:54:01 PM »

Happy to let it lie now and move on though.

Who wants to here about my date with Melissa at the arcades?!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #14465 on: April 03, 2013, 08:55:27 PM »

Aaron u never replied to my post about buying %s in myself if i ply Monte Carlo @1.35......
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14466 on: April 03, 2013, 08:55:54 PM »

Meh!

Might as well hear your version.

The older I get, the better I was.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14467 on: April 03, 2013, 08:56:27 PM »

Meh!

Might as well hear your version.

haha

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #14468 on: April 03, 2013, 09:09:40 PM »

When Alex inevitably wins the MC and the WPTn now, these last few pages are gonna be the biggest fucking whinge in anyone's ever seen.

Btw, fwiw, the psychology of price and value (which I've studied a lotttttt) fully supports what stato said about the effect of te first comment ITT. But that's neither here nor there.

Edit: now get back to stories about arcades etc pls
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #14469 on: April 03, 2013, 09:17:38 PM »

Most shocking thing in this thread is my mate the octo champ not being able to spell a 4 letter word.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #14470 on: April 03, 2013, 09:23:28 PM »

Oh and lay off titty man. Guys a legend. Buys more than anyone on blonde. Doubt he's cost Alex a crust. He will be ok

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #14471 on: April 03, 2013, 09:41:25 PM »

Alex has made a genuine mistake and amended it and fair do's, but still think the thread should be staying in the section to be seen, not to mention some others have that been requested to be deleted have stayed around.

Aaron, Alex didn't make a mistake, he believe(s/d) that 1.5 was a gd value package. You disagree, which is fine.

No-one has done ANYTHING WRONG HERE. Whether Alex is good value at 1.5 is a question which we all have our opinions on, and the bottomline is no-one can prove either way. Threads being deleted don't look bad either.

Pretty much agree with this apart form the 'mistake'. May be mistake is a bit harsh but Alex rectified something which enabled him to sell out. That something just happened to be the mark up.

Alex definitely didn't do anything wrong and handled it exceptionally well just like a market stall holder on a Saturday afternoon at around an hour before he closes for the weekend.

All the best Alex and good luck.

If it is not a mistake, then what is it?

Like I said previously, everything else Alex has priced up has been fair, but this seemed like a mis-calculation on his side, no?

Have you ever a) played with Alex for a significant period of time? b) Played in any of the tournaments this stake concerned?

What are you basing your judgement that the previous prices were fair?

What are you basing your judgement on that there is now a miscalculation?
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #14472 on: April 03, 2013, 09:46:52 PM »

Oh and lay off titty man. Guys a legend. Buys more than anyone on blonde. Doubt he's cost Alex a crust. He will be ok

BTW just cos I'm making the point tittys post clearly made a difference, I wouldn't say I was "on" him... I found the joke fkn hilarious fwiw
polaroid83

View Profile
« Reply #14473 on: April 03, 2013, 09:51:36 PM »

Alex and mellisa sitting in the tree
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #14474 on: April 03, 2013, 10:11:28 PM »

BTW just cos I'm making the point tittys post clearly made a difference, I wouldn't say I was "on" him... I found the joke fkn hilarious fwiw

Crucks

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 961 962 963 964 [965] 966 967 968 969 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: