blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:31:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1204 1205 1206 1207 [1208] 1209 1210 1211 1212 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2562033 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #18105 on: February 05, 2015, 11:35:33 AM »

Good luck today Alex.

Ah! The element of surprise
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #18106 on: February 05, 2015, 11:45:40 AM »

Love it! Gogogo

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18107 on: February 07, 2015, 12:58:07 AM »

See my staking thread for hiroller reports, but basically, I did not win it.

Ivan Luca destroyed my table like I've never seen before, literally winning 95% of the pots for about two hours. He put me in three tough river spots, where I was forced to fold in all three, and just felt like he was owning me constantly. I never lost more than 1 bet in each hand, so they weren't particularly crucial to my tournament, but morale-wise, he dented my confidence the most.

On the whole however I found the experience very encouraging. The field was amazing value really, and as predicted didn't have as many of the top players in. I only ever felt out of my comfort zone vs Luca but there's ways to adjust to players like him. The beauty and problem of tournaments though is that once you figure out how to exploit them, you've already busted and you might never play him again!

I bust first hand of day two shortstacked running AQ into AK.

I'm back in England now. I feel like it says a lot about how charming and inoffensive Deauville is that, even after 11 days of pretty much maximum losses, and being kinda lonely out here, I wasn't in a rush to leave, or couldn't face another hand or anything like that. It's such a lovely place, I really do like it a lot. Sad to hear it won't be on the tour in season 12, can only pray it's replaced by another French one...!

Au Revoir, bitches.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #18108 on: February 07, 2015, 01:31:24 AM »

Luca just won with 44 vs jacks in when he 4b called. Must've been some dynamic or are these hi rollers super agg?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18109 on: February 07, 2015, 01:41:28 AM »

Luca just won with 44 vs jacks in when he 4b called. Must've been some dynamic or are these hi rollers super agg?

Yeh I saw that lol. Looks mega spewy on the face of it whatever dynamic there is. Can never trust pokernews reports too though remember.

When you're hyper aggro like him there's a thin line between being very good and very bad. Not sure what side of the line he falls on yet, but it's certainly is one of the toughest styles to play against, especially when you're new to his game.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18110 on: February 11, 2015, 12:18:06 AM »

Been back in the UK for a few days and been busy. On Saturday I went to Oxford to see West Side Story. My brother was assistant director of music and was playing the piano for it so I went to support him and I also have a not so secret love of musicals. WSS wasn't well known to me, I knew the famous songs "America", "Somewhere" and "Maria" a bit, but not very well.

Now it's probably one of my favourite musicals of all time. The music is just immense. I've listened to the soundtrack probably 8 times in the last 3 days. And all performed by 18-21 year olds - was truly inspiring.

Had a spontaneous trip to London last night to play cash because Stato and Deadman were there. Went pretty terribly but am optimistic for my future there. In a couple of weeks I'll be living in London and playing these games day in, day out, so I need them to be good games!

I'll be playing across The Vic, Aspers, Palm Beach. And will be renting for 6months with a view to buying once we have a clearer idea exactly where is best for us. Pretty excited. Hope it works out...

For now though, next stop, Nottingham!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #18111 on: February 11, 2015, 12:31:44 AM »

Have you decided on where you will be living initially yet Alex?

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18112 on: February 11, 2015, 12:38:47 AM »

Wanstead/Leytonstone. Very close to Aspers Stratford.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #18113 on: February 11, 2015, 12:48:07 AM »

What games do they get going there now? Mainly cash? I was in London the other weekend and played at the Hippo, the games were good but boring as hell. There was very little chat/drinking/entertainment. Which disappointed me greatly!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #18114 on: February 11, 2015, 11:40:56 AM »

your post reminded me of this and i'm off to paint  the bedroom with this in the background

i think you'll enjoy it too

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18115 on: February 11, 2015, 03:27:41 PM »

if you wanna keep the diary title, you'll have to live in Wanstead not Leytonstone. Wansteads nice and posh Cheesy

I also read your post above as "once we've found a cleaner" lolo
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #18116 on: February 11, 2015, 04:30:29 PM »

Welcome back to England. It will be good to see you. I think you will do well playing cash in London as long as you regard it very much as work and not to expect lots of friendly banter and developing friendships. Whilst there is money to be earned the price to pay is spending hours on end surrounded in the main by people who are miserable,rude or simply lacking any kind of manners or social skills. As long as you venue and table select as well as think about the time of day I suspect there is a very profitable 'roadmap' of good cash games in London. Be professional,regard it very much as a job and the money should pour in.What could possibly go wrong. Interspersed with some good fun comps and the occasional  mega cash life should be good.
     London is an amazing city and I love being able to live there 'a few days each week'. Like any big city it can also eat away at your soul so make sure you build in some non poker variety like your trips to the theatre and the many free events that are on all the time. It also eats money so be careful with your budgeting. ( sounding like a proper old bloke).
      Good luck with it all. See you soon.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #18117 on: February 11, 2015, 04:54:37 PM »

Further to the old man's words of wisdom, the games are indeed very much beatable. I (relatively briefly) played the graveyard shift of any time 8am-5pm (in line with my other half who has an actual real life job) and would run at £30-35/hr. And I am under no illusions about my poker ability.

Central line will see you a short hop to Bank - shout when you're around and we'll go for lunch one day.

Allez!!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18118 on: February 11, 2015, 07:41:14 PM »

Welcome back to England. It will be good to see you. I think you will do well playing cash in London as long as you regard it very much as work and not to expect lots of friendly banter and developing friendships. Whilst there is money to be earned the price to pay is spending hours on end surrounded in the main by people who are miserable,rude or simply lacking any kind of manners or social skills. As long as you venue and table select as well as think about the time of day I suspect there is a very profitable 'roadmap' of good cash games in London. Be professional,regard it very much as a job and the money should pour in.What could possibly go wrong. Interspersed with some good fun comps and the occasional  mega cash life should be good.
     London is an amazing city and I love being able to live there 'a few days each week'. Like any big city it can also eat away at your soul so make sure you build in some non poker variety like your trips to the theatre and the many free events that are on all the time. It also eats money so be careful with your budgeting. ( sounding like a proper old bloke).

That sounds about what I'm expecting. Hopefully with one or two familiar faces at each table should make it bearable. I can't grind long sessions in silence I usually just pack up and go home lol. Not the attitude to take to London I suppose! So many of them just are buried in their phones or iPads, with no desire at all to interact with anyone.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18119 on: February 11, 2015, 09:43:17 PM »

That sounds about what I'm expecting. Hopefully with one or two familiar faces at each table should make it bearable. I can't grind long sessions in silence I usually just pack up and go home lol. Not the attitude to take to London I suppose! So many of them just are buried in their phones or iPads, with no desire at all to interact with anyone.

the reason being is that they are withered, because everyone with only very few exceptions are absolute bellends!
Pages: 1 ... 1204 1205 1206 1207 [1208] 1209 1210 1211 1212 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: