blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:53:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1203 1204 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 1210 1211 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2563086 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18090 on: February 02, 2015, 10:25:21 PM »

EPT Main Event

We drew a really nice table, which wasn't going to break either, and hit some cards early so I was loving life. Got up to 42k in level 2, then last hand before the break I had a pretty tough / interesting spot with .

It takes a reasonably special set of circumstances for me to play AK this aggressive preflop in a Deauville EPT, all things considered I think I did the right thing, but it was very close. I ended up decided to 5betting to 6400 vs a 15k stack, and obviously he peeled with 8600 back, and the flop came  and I shoved and he tank called with

So I was down to 27k which was still plenty.

Then won a few ones, a big river bluff got through thanks to a nice runout, got to 36k then played a biggish one with , on a  flop, which the bb checked, Sergio Aido who was the utg opener checked, I checked back. Then bb leads 1800 into 3600 on a three diamonds turn, Aido calls, I call. River , bb bets 5800, Aido tank calls and I overcall again. Think turn and river are really standard and I can't do anything else. Flop I just felt the bb wasn't interested and Aido would be c/folding a lot there and not lose 3 streets with worse anyway.

The BB shows for ace high, and Aido to my surprise had . That was a big one. I was sure I would win once the bb reveals a bluff!

Lost some small ones, 3bet folded twice (once was a bad spot, other one meh, had ATo in sb what can you do lol), did another river bluff which I quite like still, but ran into a unfoldable hand.

Playing 16k I 3bet to 2900 with JJ vs UTG 1100 open, he peeled, flop K84, check check, turn K he bets 1500 (20% pot) I call, river Q he checks. I felt I could squeeze a small value bet here. Unless he's rivered a Q, based on his turn sizing I'm almost never beat - and based on preflop his only Qx are AQ (might 4bet jam for 32bbs eff) or like QJs which I block, QTs.

I felt he'd flick in a 1/4 pot bet with worse pairs a lot of the time so I bet 2500 and he called with AQ, sigh.

The last 16bbs went in form HJ with 66, lost to btns TT.

Cliffs: big pots played 2, won 0. medium pots played ~15, won 4. Allin showdowns played: 2, won 0.

And that my friends, is not a winning formula.

#OnToTheNextOne

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #18091 on: February 04, 2015, 04:58:37 AM »

5betting to 6400 vs a 15k stack, and obviously he peeled with 8600 back

Isn't it better to just shove here if it's heads up?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18092 on: February 04, 2015, 11:21:50 AM »

5betting to 6400 vs a 15k stack, and obviously he peeled with 8600 back

Isn't it better to just shove here if it's heads up?

Wasn't heads up, guy playing more had 3bet, this guy 4bet

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #18093 on: February 04, 2015, 12:13:11 PM »

Liking the updates Alex, more please.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18094 on: February 04, 2015, 01:07:31 PM »

2.2k EPT Side Event

First 6 levels were pretty much on par with how the trips gone so far, withering away a 12k starting stack into 3.5k with nothing of interest.

Then some heat! I won some allins, a couple from ahead, and one from behind, and we were at 27k, more than twice starting stack  - a new peak for the trip so far!

However the withering then recommenced, a lot of folding, some raise/folding, two incorrect river calls, one of which was pretty costly. Both were spots were game theory wise I have to call, and I'm exploitable to fold there (both vs regs) but I'm not convinced that regs actually do bluff in those spots often enough to justify either call. One was only a tiny pot but still, they all matter when you are short.

I made day two with a massive 11,600 going back to 600/1200/200 but it was something at least. We were nearish the cash, so a bit of early rungood could see me cruising to my first cash of the trip, and from then on, who knows.

Alas, those hopes were short-lived. 2nd hand of the day, I run 99 into AQ and am dead by the turn.

Nothing much on today except a satellite to tomorrows hiroller at 8pm so just gonna chill out in the hotel, have a swim / gym / spa session to detilt and prepare myself for the big one tomorrow.

I really hope tomorrow goes well, not just from a personal standpoint - it's my biggest buy-in to date - but because so many people have action in me. Almost 20 different investors and I have a really poor record when I sell my action I'm ashamed to say, so I really want to win these guys some money.

Even a mincash would make the trip not a total disaster like it has been so far.

Bring it on!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18095 on: February 04, 2015, 01:09:09 PM »

are none of the "crew" out with you Alex?

quite a low British representation in Deauville in general?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18096 on: February 04, 2015, 01:12:20 PM »

are none of the "crew" out with you Alex?

quite a low British representation in Deauville in general?

Yes, very low.

UK representatives in town: Ben Dobson, Nick Hicks, Vamplew, Steve Watts, Bill Chat, Ludo, Owain, Eames, Matt Frankland, Mike Hill, Jake Cody, Martins Adeniya, Rhys Jones.

We've all done the absolute lot Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18097 on: February 04, 2015, 01:13:30 PM »

Love the honesty of these Reports Alex, no "run bad" bullshit, just the facts.

Hope tomorrow goes better.

It may not be the whole of England, but for sure, Nottingham expects.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #18098 on: February 04, 2015, 02:47:24 PM »

At least you've got that nice warm sunny beach in Barca to look forward to when the trips done.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18099 on: February 04, 2015, 08:00:29 PM »

At least you've got that nice warm sunny beach in Barca to look forward to when the trips done.

Probs getting trolled but nah Barca days are behind me. It's sunny england to welcome me back!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18100 on: February 05, 2015, 03:17:08 AM »

1.6k Satellite to €10k hiroller

7000 chips for €1600? The DTD regs would not be happy about this. I was loving it though, even though my logical brain knows that the more play, the lower the variance, the higher the ROI etc...The deeper you get in the hole in a trip, the degenerate part of me secretly wants everything higher variance!

I would normally sell 10-25% for something like this with a turbo structure, but I honestly just forgot, then realised when it was too late. The hidden luck in everything eh...

I folded for the first few hours, as become standard practice here, then I built a stack out of nowhere. 6k into 14k finding AA bvb for 10bbs. Then turned that into 20 odd, holding with TT vs a baby flush draw allin on the turn, then two people shoved before me and I found Tens again, and held vs 99 and 87s.

All of a sudden I had 45k which would be around average stack on the bubble.

A few hours of stalling later, and we were on the bubble! 19 left with 18 seats, I guess I was around 12/19, so wasn't really in trouble. and there was a man allin for just under 2 bbs.

3 people called him...552 flop, allin man shakes his head. 9 turn, he fist pumps! 2 river, everyone is quickly checking....Allin guy is loving it, slams his A9 on the table. To be fair it did seem like that was likely to be good. It wasn't.

So I won a seat, yay!

First taste of success of the trip. Financially I can't quite work out where that leaves me, but it feels like the trip is not a total disaster now!

Now let's take down the big one...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #18101 on: February 05, 2015, 07:09:16 AM »

Glgl Alex!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #18102 on: February 05, 2015, 07:21:38 AM »

gl in the hi roller, continue the run good.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18103 on: February 05, 2015, 08:14:20 AM »

Yay.

Now win the damn thing.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #18104 on: February 05, 2015, 10:53:30 AM »

You know the real plan was always to win the High Roller. GL.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
Pages: 1 ... 1203 1204 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 1210 1211 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: