blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:48:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1211 1212 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 1218 1219 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2562239 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18210 on: June 05, 2015, 11:08:38 AM »

Just remind me where you are in the League Table, Alex?

I'm in profit, like.

Made a few bob playing  two spades too. You just have to know how to play these tricky ones oop.

Despite this clearly being rhetorical, you've pressed me for a response so I shall oblige...

I think I'm in equal 4th place? Something like that.

It was quite amusing how my tables filled up so quickly and especially that I had friends bum hunting me trying to humiliate me. Even had Kev who I coach on my table. Been a while since I played a student in a cash game...ahem...

Anyway, the end result for those that didn't know was that Tom High successfully bum hunted me, and then set over setted me and the hand was played out live on TV, to relieve me of the rest of my chips. I think he wet himself with excitement and even told his Mum what a clever boy he'd been.

Great fun though.

Gambling when it's personal....my favourite kind :-D

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #18211 on: June 05, 2015, 11:33:02 AM »

Nice result!
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #18212 on: June 05, 2015, 11:48:56 AM »

Oioioi

Good timing.

Im looking for a backer for my trip to Vegas. I need £2000 for flights and accommodation.

£1000 for poker

£10000 for partying.

Looking to sell 100% in return for 100% of my poker winnings.

LMK

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #18213 on: June 05, 2015, 12:06:56 PM »

That is some final table.

Congrats!

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #18214 on: June 05, 2015, 12:12:44 PM »

That is some final table.

Congrats!

Ah! The element of surprise
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18215 on: June 05, 2015, 08:21:39 PM »

Thanks guys. Was really happy with the result Smiley

Really fun playing a tournament where I literally knew 90% of the players. Interesting and tough final table as you can imagine, was certainly lucky to come out with the win. Really nice just before Vegas of course, not just financially, but for confidence and morale too.

Was gonna do an update over the next couple of days anyway so will get to that asap.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18216 on: June 05, 2015, 08:23:39 PM »

Congrats Alex.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #18217 on: June 05, 2015, 08:56:51 PM »

Well done Alex, nice score
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #18218 on: June 05, 2015, 09:11:16 PM »

Nice one Alex  thumbs up

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18219 on: June 05, 2015, 09:14:52 PM »

Nice result Alex.   Good for pre Vegas morale too.  Assume you are flying out soon

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #18220 on: June 05, 2015, 09:19:28 PM »

Nice one Alex - just seen the result.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18221 on: June 06, 2015, 12:39:54 AM »

London Life and Vegas Preview

Tuesday marks the end of the longest period without going abroad for over 5 years. Over 2 months in London with no trips anywhere. It's felt weird! I made two visits to Nottingham but that's it. I've been grinding the live cash games here really hard.

Cash Games

It's been hit and miss to say the least. I'm playing bigger stakes than I have before - not that I've never played this high before, but it's never been my daily grind, so I've never really experienced the swings before. I started with a downswing, not big by any means for the games, but felt big, followed by a break even stretch, and only in the last couple of weeks have things gone well. Overall, it's not been great, but I'm not feeling down about it or anything.

The action is hit and miss also. Long spells of bad dry games waiting for action, and then the odd night of excitement, where you just hope to be on the right side of variance in the crucial pots. I've been tested by some really tough regs, and that's prompted a lot of off the table studying - something which I haven't felt like I needed to do for a long time. A good kick up the arse, and I've found the game theory stuff I've been doing to be fascinating.

Extra Curricular

Dominated by two things - a health kick, and Russian study. I've been gyming most days, a half hour run, burning 450cal over about 5.3km. Followed by half hour of weights. Eating well, and no alcohol or fizzy drinks. I feel great.

Russian has been going great. It was really tough and daunting at first but has gotten easier. And the weekly lessons have provided a much needed structure to things. I can now talk about myself, my family, my routine, my hobbies. I can talk about the weather, make plans, talk in simple past and simple future tenses and more. My course comes to and end now, and keeping up with study whilst in Vegas etc is going to be a real test...I am so motivated, and not exactly busy, so it's no problem fitting it in. Vegas is busy though...

Life in London is just really cool. It's not even London that makes it cool, though our view is sick and the choice of games is great. I just love our flat, and having a routine, a home. I feel like I'm building a future here.

Vegas

Now then! Could not be more excited and motivated for Vegas. I really really feel like I'm going to win something huge, and I won't be the only one in the group either. Big things from the Brits this summer you'll see... My plan is the same as every year. Tournaments as much as I can, $1k-$5k mainly WSOP events, but picking the best of the rest when WSOP is less good. Cash on the side. Dinners and nights outs very much last on the priority list, but always fit in a few.

The team: I'm sharing in Palms Place with Fat Scott. Aggro Santos many of you will know, won 2 SCOOPs last year in 3 days and recently the sunday million. He's no good at real life poker though!

Mitch flys out Sunday, Stato and Keith on the 16th, Deadman is already out there.

I've got a big prop bet with Scott. I win the bet if I can find one exercise or machine in the gym (non-cardio) that I can lift more / do more reps than him on. He btw, is an absolute unit, he's looks like the Michelin Man on steroids. He's obviously much stronger than me in basically every department. I only need to find one machine to beat him on. I think I've got a few tricks up my sleeve though Cool...

So that wraps up the update. Any questions about anything, do post, let's bring the diary back to life!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18222 on: June 06, 2015, 12:46:24 AM »

Oh and one other thing, a remarkable hand took place yesterday in the tournament, very close to the money. The details are in these ruling thread: http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=65547.0

The chap disguised as Carol in that thread is a man named Daniel Stanway, I'd really like to get in touch with him if anybody knows him? He plays mainly in DTD and London from what I can tell from his HM.

He did a really honourable thing in that hand, by honouring his own intention to call, even though his hand was mucked, retrieved and he was given all options, and could see he was a 90/10 underdog. He called and busted just short of the money, and I was the lucky beneficiary. I'd like to make a charity donation to cause of his choice, so if anyone could help me get in touch with him, I'd really appreciate it.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #18223 on: June 06, 2015, 01:02:30 AM »

Oh and one other thing, a remarkable hand took place yesterday in the tournament, very close to the money. The details are in these ruling thread: http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=65547.0

The chap disguised as Carol in that thread is a man named Daniel Stanway, I'd really like to get in touch with him if anybody knows him? He plays mainly in DTD and London from what I can tell from his HM.

He did a really honourable thing in that hand, by honouring his own intention to call, even though his hand was mucked, retrieved and he was given all options, and could see he was a 90/10 underdog. He called and busted just short of the money, and I was the lucky beneficiary. I'd like to make a charity donation to cause of his choice, so if anyone could help me get in touch with him, I'd really appreciate it.

Pretty sure he'll be happier if you give him his buyin back Smiley

But agreed, he was incredibly honourable. Rare to see in poker these days, kudos to him.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #18224 on: June 06, 2015, 01:47:32 AM »

Congrats mate, see you over here soon.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 ... 1211 1212 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 1218 1219 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: