blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:11:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2557407 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2011, 03:49:10 PM »

Sigh, had a pretty frustrating session. No cards rele all night and grinding out fluctuating +-£50 all night. Then called £60 river bet with A9 on T94K5 in a 3bet pot which was good for a bigish pot. Should've quit then cos was really tired. I then found a great spot to cold 4bet 67 from the small blind vs active internet kids button 3bet. Check shoved a T85 flop and didnt get there vs middle set for £350 pot sigh. Defo shouldve quit then, but stayed to tilt off £140 all in pre with 55. Not a good session. But shouldn't've been as bad as it was. Need the disicpline to walk away when I'm not in the right state to play, and usually I can but sometmes not. I quite like my move with the 67, unforunate he flopped a set ofc, and also unfortunate not to get there. But was tilted by his called with 88 pre, (£42 playing £160 total).

Not sleeping well at the moment which affected me a lot today Sad Day off tomorrow is gonna be good. Off to bed...zzzz

Aren't you better off bet-calling (or open shipping it in)? He may fold overcard hands (AQ, KQ, AK maybe) to a cbet that he would otherwise bet and then be committed to call. He's probably not folding overpairs either way, but you would get more fold equity from high cards by c-betting IMO.

perhaps, i think he folds overcards to a check/shove, but yeh not overpairs (or sets Wink ) yeh i dont rele like it the move pre anymore, but on the flop its fine to bet/call or check/shove.

You think both have equal merit?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 15, 2011, 01:26:06 PM »

Sigh, had a pretty frustrating session. No cards rele all night and grinding out fluctuating +-£50 all night. Then called £60 river bet with A9 on T94K5 in a 3bet pot which was good for a bigish pot. Should've quit then cos was really tired. I then found a great spot to cold 4bet 67 from the small blind vs active internet kids button 3bet. Check shoved a T85 flop and didnt get there vs middle set for £350 pot sigh. Defo shouldve quit then, but stayed to tilt off £140 all in pre with 55. Not a good session. But shouldn't've been as bad as it was. Need the disicpline to walk away when I'm not in the right state to play, and usually I can but sometmes not. I quite like my move with the 67, unforunate he flopped a set ofc, and also unfortunate not to get there. But was tilted by his called with 88 pre, (£42 playing £160 total).

Not sleeping well at the moment which affected me a lot today Sad Day off tomorrow is gonna be good. Off to bed...zzzz

Aren't you better off bet-calling (or open shipping it in)? He may fold overcard hands (AQ, KQ, AK maybe) to a cbet that he would otherwise bet and then be committed to call. He's probably not folding overpairs either way, but you would get more fold equity from high cards by c-betting IMO.

perhaps, i think he folds overcards to a check/shove, but yeh not overpairs (or sets Wink ) yeh i dont rele like it the move pre anymore, but on the flop its fine to bet/call or check/shove.

not necessarily but both are fine, im sure one is better than the other. which do you prefer? fold pre Wink ?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 15, 2011, 02:19:51 PM »

not necessarily but both are fine, im sure one is better than the other. which do you prefer? fold pre Wink ?

Yeah obv I prefer to fold pre. I think 4-balling light is overrated and will probably cost you money in live games but in this hand I think betting flop>>>>>>checking flop.

We are repping an overpair pre, perhaps AK. The check will mean we get it in vs hands we don't have good equity against when if we bet, we can probably force many of them to fold. Likewise they can check back flop and hit their card on the turn and now we can't do anything that's not spewwww.

There's a lot in the middle, we wanna bet and take it most of the time.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2011, 08:59:26 PM »

So slept in till 8pm last night, only woke up cos I was late to mitch's bday night out and was being rung up telling me to get my groove on. Managed to shower, eat dinner, and be ready by half 8 which I thought was pretty impressive and still looked pretty fresh when I arrived (will post a pic or two later lol). Was bizarre getting on it hard 45minutes after waking up and being pretty heavyweight [ ] took a while to get pissed [ ]. Was a pretty sick night actually given not rele a fan of the club/music but actually got quite into it and had a lot of good banter. That's all I can say about that. Mitch definitely wasn't sick on the dancefloor. Good times.

Woke at 930am and was wide awake (fml). My degen buddy Andy was awake too and didn't take long before we were grinding perudo. Also set up a home game club on stars which I think is a sick idea. Invited whoever was on fbk at the time and had a pretty jokes sesh of 5c10c. Had a fun hand with Andy, his  vs my  on  three clubs Two Clubs ended up turning it into a bluff and got me off on the river sigh! Unlikely to hear the end of it. He smashed me at Perudo again and thus freerolled our pre DTD meal @ Chiqitos and made me admit that he was better than me even though I had to teach him the rules 2 weeks ago. FML. He did win the 2010 countdown series though [ ] Wink  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COQ_o0WgI8c

Bricked the comp, snapmade a buyin at 50/1 then decided to go home and catch a few hours sleep before the proper nights grind starts at midnightish. Strange life...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2011, 09:00:59 PM »

strange boy lol

AND THEN MITCH CHUNDERED EVERYWHEREE AHAHAHAHAH

VOMCANO
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2011, 10:26:40 PM »

strange boy lol

AND THEN MITCH CHUNDERED EVERYWHEREE AHAHAHAHAH

VOMCANO

hahahaha
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2011, 10:31:09 PM »

oh and your mate was in the same room as Rachel Riley. MY GOD
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 15, 2011, 10:42:58 PM »

wow didnt know he was stato and on countdown

Just me
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: January 15, 2011, 10:47:20 PM »

JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2011, 03:08:35 PM »

Andy, please tell me you at least punched this guy in the face...
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2011, 09:32:47 PM »

Friday night...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 17, 2011, 01:29:27 AM »

in before hero call bragaments.

also looking forward to sick blog about monster session
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2011, 02:07:05 AM »

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2011, 05:34:52 AM »

I wasn't going to mention it, but seeing as you've brought it up might as well...simon deadman shoves £145 into £190 on the river in a 3bet pot on a board of   I called with   two spades which probs biggest call I've ever made so was chuffed Smiley

Monster session last night was pretty epic. Had won £450 @ DTD 1/2 then at 3am went to gala with stato, to hoover up some drunk monies. he did plenty of hoovering, i was more hovering though, always +/-£100 which was pretty dull, but pleased not to lose concentration and get frustrated and impatient. We played on till 930am trying to stack this absolute genius old guy, "Ronnie", who had like 700 infront of him. I say genius, he just always had the nuts, and then he'd show up with a ridiculous bluff in a ridiculous spot - he was hilarious and kept doing comedy slowrolls as well. Alas, no stackage occurred and I ended up £70 down for the 7hour sesh sigh...up £375 for the day though Smiley

Won £175 this evening so a good end to a pretty awful week pokerwise. Had a lot of fun, but ran really bad. Just about winning for the month now, but way under EV Sad

Got lots to look forward to next week, going to Amsterdam on thursday, then going home for a week, Hannah is coming to stay for some of that too. Let's do some more winning before then!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:59:11 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »

hh for 52..

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: