blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:10:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2562748 times)
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 18, 2011, 12:13:06 AM »

So slept in till 8pm last night, only woke up cos I was late to mitch's bday night out and was being rung up telling me to get my groove on. Managed to shower, eat dinner, and be ready by half 8 which I thought was pretty impressive and still looked pretty fresh when I arrived (will post a pic or two later lol). Was bizarre getting on it hard 45minutes after waking up and being pretty heavyweight [ ] took a while to get pissed [ ]. Was a pretty sick night actually given not rele a fan of the club/music but actually got quite into it and had a lot of good banter. That's all I can say about that. Mitch definitely wasn't sick on the dancefloor was forced into drinking 8 shots of vodka per drink. Good times.

FYP

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 18, 2011, 07:12:33 AM »

Lol @ Cambridge "selective inclusion of details" alex

ok fine! the 500bb pot with you i got it in 30%, but a cooler's a cooler - one of us had to be crushed!

I could've reported it like this "I got it in with AT vs Andy's AK in a 500bb pot on two flops of ATx and Txx and he backdoored broadway to chop the pot, sigh". No lies there. Policital propaganda ftw.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:32:19 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 18, 2011, 12:58:58 PM »

Does seem -EV tbh you're sitting with Andy, Simon and Mitch when your trying to build a roll. I understand its more fun but surely your not playing for those reasons?

I dont think this is big problem, you learn from playing good players faster and as long as its a game you rolled for and you dont make a hbbit of bad game selection

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 18, 2011, 01:06:23 PM »

Had a tricky issue yesterday. There was a guy playing 50/1 at DTD on sunday night who got stacked, reloaded for £20, got stacked, had £3.50 worth of coins in his pockets, was allowed a short buyin. Got stacked for £3 (cant bet in odd 50ps) then got quite upset when he wasnt allowed to be dealt in with 50p infront on him. He was scrapping around in his pockets for shrapnel for another 50p.

Last night, he sits in Gala to my right, with £100. Not sure where it's come from but obv don't ask any questions. Neway. I lose a £250 pot allin on the turn vs someone else who has  vs my on  two spades who rivers a J. The 50p guy (not in the hand at all) immediately gives me some chat about "what you doing there putting all that money in when there was a possible flush?". Obv pretty tilted by the hand, let alone the insta rubdown and snap back a bit / a lot. Next hand pick up kings in the straddle (mbn) and tilt 3bet and stack the 50p guy who has AQ on Q high board. He then asks me to lend him £5 for the taxi fare home....Btw I'd feel sorry for him if he was a nice guy in anyway. I don't think he means any harm though...WWYD?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 18, 2011, 01:10:10 PM »

tell him to lick your balls.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 18, 2011, 01:19:54 PM »

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 18, 2011, 01:25:30 PM »

^^^

or make him ur bitch for the day and get him to dance and get drinks for yoiu etc etc

Just me
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 18, 2011, 01:37:34 PM »

^^^

or make him ur bitch for the day and get him to dance and get drinks for yoiu etc etc

i mean obv this was my snapreaction i just felt like a bit of dick afterwards. also, he's in a wheelchair....fml

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: January 18, 2011, 01:39:53 PM »

Give him a fiver and tell him not to play with money he can't afford to lose in the future.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 18, 2011, 01:41:24 PM »

^^^

i mean obv this was my snapreaction i just felt like a bit of dick afterwards. also, he's in a wheelchair....fml
^^^

pfttttt

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 18, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »

how about "sorry mate, can't take any money off the table"?!

or after stacking him, "what were you doing putting all your money in when there was a possible set out there?"
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 02:02:54 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 18, 2011, 02:05:03 PM »

how about "sorry mate, can't take any money off the table"?!

or after stacking him, "what were you doing putting all your money in when there was a possible set out there?"

Like them both, I probably ship him the £5 tbf.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 18, 2011, 02:09:02 PM »

Give him a fiver and tell him not to play with money he can't afford to lose in the future.
                      /\/\/\/\/\      

And ask yourself whether your skin is thick enough to be a poker pro? The guy put his money on the table and lost it, if he has a problem with gamblig then it's his problem not yours.

You felt bad about winning the £600 pot against Simon Deadman - would he have felt bad about winning the £300 or so that was in there when he shoved the river? Bearing in mind he had air?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 18, 2011, 02:21:28 PM »

/\/\/\/\/\      

And ask yourself whether your skin is thick enough to be a poker pro? The guy put his money on the table and lost it, if he has a problem with gamblig then it's his problem not yours.

You felt bad about winning the £600 pot against Simon Deadman - would he have felt bad about winning the £300 or so that was in there when he shoved the river? Bearing in mind he had air?

i have the opposite worry actually, that it's too thick. I was pretty cold blooded in the manner in which I said No to him.

Sure Simon wouldn't have felt bad had he won that pot, but he's much more used to winning and losing big pots off friends - it's pretty new to me cos I've always played pretty soft against them until the last few months. I think I can potentially be too heartless sometimes.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: January 18, 2011, 02:28:11 PM »

I give him the 5'er, fully expecting him to waste the 5'er on the roulette or something.

who the hell puts all their money on the table and doesn't leave cab fare in their pocket?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: