blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:19:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 610 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2587930 times)
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #9075 on: July 27, 2012, 08:55:31 AM »

At no point have I ever doubled a 6 vs a 7.

U doubled 6 vs a 4 or a 5 then. Many witnesses.

That's a good double if it's vs 4 or 5 mate. Because the banker needed
minimum of 2 cards to made a hand . I am a blackjack pro long time ago till
I have to give up and do Fish & Chips instead. Mehhhhhhhh
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9076 on: July 27, 2012, 09:08:59 AM »

Not surprised you had to give up if you think that's a good double Wink. -ev doubling anything <9 whatever the dealer's got. Chance of a dealer busting a 4 is 40%, a 5 is 42%.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: July 27, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »

Looking at buying a nice digital camera for my trip to Colombia. Any recommendations? I was gonna spend £100-£200 but looking on amazon you can get some incredible specifications for even £50 like this one which I think looks really cool

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-Coolpix-L25-Digital-Camera/dp/B0071L3ITQ/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1343379998&sr=8-12

That sort of thing, 10+MP, big optical zoom, and a big lcd screen. I'm just not sure on the brands these days, who makes the best stuff etc.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: July 27, 2012, 10:15:36 AM »

Looking at buying a nice digital camera for my trip to Colombia. Any recommendations? I was gonna spend £100-£200 but looking on amazon you can get some incredible specifications for even £50 like this one which I think looks really cool

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-Coolpix-L25-Digital-Camera/dp/B0071L3ITQ/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1343379998&sr=8-12

That sort of thing, 10+MP, big optical zoom, and a big lcd screen. I'm just not sure on the brands these days, who makes the best stuff etc.

Looks fine for your purpose Alex - you do NOT want to lug around a "proper" camera with all the dreaded accessories if you are climbing Colombian mountains, running drugs & stuff.

Needs to be point & shoot, & easy to upload pics. That fits the bill very nicely.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: July 27, 2012, 10:16:02 AM »

Looks fine for your purpose Alex - you do NOT want to lug around a "proper" camera with all the dreaded accessories if you are climbing Colombian mountains, running drugs & stuff.

Cheesy thanks,  I almost posted the question on your diary in fact, but we're sort of big rivals these days...Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: July 27, 2012, 10:18:24 AM »

Not surprised you had to give up if you think that's a good double Wink. -ev doubling anything <9 whatever the dealer's got. Chance of a dealer busting a 4 is 40%, a 5 is 42%.

wrong:

soft 3, soft 4, soft 5 soft 6, soft 7 and soft 8 are all doubles vs certain dealer cards. I guess thats >9 tho coz its really 13/14/15/16/17/18 Tongue
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: July 27, 2012, 10:19:03 AM »

wrong:

soft 3, soft 4, soft 5 soft 6, soft 7 and soft 8 are all doubles vs certain dealer cards. I guess thats >9 tho coz its really 13/14/15/16/17/18 Tongue

[ ] it was soft 4 Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: July 27, 2012, 10:21:43 AM »

Cheesy thanks,  I almost posted the question on your diary in fact, but we're sort of big rivals these days...Wink

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equipment/reviews/compactcameras/129287/3/nikon-coolpix-l25-review.html

links to the verdict page which rated it very VFM at £65

get the best mem card you can, and get a few smaller ones rather than one big one. That way if you lose the camera you won't lose all your pictures.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: July 27, 2012, 10:28:25 AM »

We are? News to me, but I'm honoured to be deemed a rival to the Golden Goulder!

PS - Rivals in what - mad poker skills, & Flags??

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: July 27, 2012, 10:29:22 AM »

We are? News to me, but I'm honoured to be deemed a rival to the Golden Goulder!

PS - Rivals in what - mad poker skills?

Just diaries, sir.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9085 on: July 27, 2012, 10:30:31 AM »

wrong:

Yes, wasn't talking about soft totals at all. You double them as there is a decent chance of finding a winning 18+ on the double even if the dealer doesn't bust. Was only a couple of weeks ago I posted the strategy chart. Don't want to pollute an excellent diary with another blackjack discussion.

Alex - in terms of P+S cameras, I'd be looking at Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Fuji. Given you don't want to be lugging around anything too expensive, the one you linked to looks fine to me. Will do the job. Suggest you get 2-3 memory cards, swap them regularly, and try and work out some kind of backup strategy if possible. Not an Apple person but I think you can connect to Ipad and upload to cloud if you get decent wifi? That way if you lose the camera you won't lose all your photos, given you're out there for quite a while.

Edit: Beaten to that advice by David. NH sir.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: July 27, 2012, 10:34:22 AM »

Just diaries, sir.

Sigh. I can make moves with 3-2 & shite, you know.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: July 27, 2012, 10:35:20 AM »

Thanks, I'm taking my laptop anyway so I'll just upload the pictures every night when I get back from the days' adventures. Hoping to find some sort of  paradise with beautiful views, weather, sea, sand, mountains where I can spend half the time exploring / out drinking and half the time grinding online on a hotel balcony or on a square in a cafe somewhere in the breeze and the sun. That's the life for me Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: July 27, 2012, 10:35:46 AM »

Just diaries, sir.

I've heard, I've never rival you there.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: July 27, 2012, 10:43:58 AM »

Just diaries, sir.

You've got the wrong young gun Tikay. John Black is the chap you're thinking of.

Allez!!
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 610 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: