blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:27:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273127 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 603 604 [605] 606 607 608 609 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2587993 times)
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #9060 on: July 26, 2012, 01:08:03 PM »

5% @ 1.23
2.5% @ 1.28

...in the post tax LAPT auction please Alex.

FFs ed, people here font like u, do FO !!!!
Loolllll #WhatALife

I do appear to have, wholly unintentionally, opened rather a can of worms.

Apologies.

Busy couple of days and you're sorted Smiley

Indeed. I even posted in PHA this morning

Allez!!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9061 on: July 26, 2012, 02:04:36 PM »

Alex, one of the staking guidelines is

"- You may offer to stake players, or ask for staking, or apply for an offer of staking, but only if you have a minimum of 300 forum posts and have been a member of the forum for at least three months."

ie its there to protect both stakers and stakees....so for example someone choosing to use blonde for staking is also protected to an extent by not relying on staking from a newbie who might not cough up the cash

In this case, I know Ed, you know Ed etc..just making a general point

I know in practice there's not a lot that can be done about it, but just thought you should know that the guidelines "frown" upon accepting staking from those with less than 300 posts

ta

Yes I understand, I can see how it looks like I'm trying to sidestep that system, I'm sure you realise those were not my intentions.

Course they were you wrote it in massive blue writing lol:

I'll only be accepting bids on this thread OR on my diary thread. That way people with less than 300 posts can still bid

Didn't even see that. Won't be happening again, then.

Lol, yes but I didn't intentionally realise that caveat was going against a rule, I thought the rule was for sellers only. People accept bids / stakes from people off the forum / <300 posts all the time so I thought it'd be fine to accept bids from people with <300 posts as well. There's countless threads where people have said "Jack Elwood is taking 10%" or "My mate from down the gym just facebooked me saying he's taking 5%".

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: July 26, 2012, 02:08:52 PM »

Yes I know

Just trying to make sure as much as possible takes place on the staking board, as per the guideline.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: July 26, 2012, 02:11:17 PM »

Lol, yes but I didn't intentionally realise that caveat was going against a rule, I thought the rule was for sellers only. People accept bids / stakes from people off the forum / <300 posts all the time so I thought it'd be fine to accept bids from people with <300 posts as well. There's countless threads where people have said "Jack Elwood is taking 10%" or "My mate from down the gym just facebooked me saying he's taking 5%".

I think Alex is right - at least he has been open and honest regarding the process,. rather than adding random bids from other sources.
I know it's technically against the rules, but it's probably the best / clearest auction so far. (Obv if you don't count the bit about him trying to hide the Columbian tax initially).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: July 26, 2012, 02:13:01 PM »

Lol

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: July 26, 2012, 03:44:10 PM »

Lol

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: July 26, 2012, 09:49:02 PM »

Lol

I thought this, just didn't know how to say it.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: July 26, 2012, 10:27:22 PM »

Pretty gross. Doing your nuts at 0EV games is probably the most tilting thing ever when poker isn't going too great either.

Yes. Also played 2 hours at DTD, got dealt Q4o and 72o every hand, so folded every single hand. Still managed to finish £400 down because of playing props to reduce the boredom.

Blackjack is 0EV?  How many decks are we playing and who with?

I think sometimes you need to just nit up in life outside poker.  Would hate to see that money hard earned where you are +EV pissed up the wall in situations where you aren't. 

So I don't sound like a complete patreonising nit, there is obviously nothing wrong with the Colombia trip, travelling really is good for the soul and life +EV.

Cheers

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: July 26, 2012, 10:31:16 PM »

Pretty gross. Doing your nuts at 0EV games is probably the most tilting thing ever when poker isn't going too great either.

Yes. Also played 2 hours at DTD, got dealt Q4o and 72o every hand, so folded every single hand. Still managed to finish £400 down because of playing props to reduce the boredom.

Blackjack is 0EV?  How many decks are we playing and who with?

I think sometimes you need to just nit up in life outside poker.  Would hate to see that money hard earned where you are +EV pissed up the wall in situations where you aren't. 

So I don't sound like a complete patreonising nit, there is obviously nothing wrong with the Colombia trip, travelling really is good for the soul and life +EV.

Cheers

Cos we're all playing against each other and taking it in turns to be the house. In fact it's plus EV for me, because I was taking bigger bets when I was the house than the others were because I know its +EV to be the house. Also Mitch makes some horrendous basic strategy errors. Doubling 6 vs a 7 was pretty special.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #9069 on: July 26, 2012, 11:16:28 PM »

I think Alex is right - at least he has been open and honest regarding the process,. rather than adding random bids from other sources.
I know it's technically against the rules, but it's probably the best / clearest auction so far. (Obv if you don't count the bit about him trying to hide the Columbian tax initially).

Yeah this. At least your mate from the gym bothered to post his 10% @ 1.6 bid
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9070 on: July 26, 2012, 11:18:03 PM »

Yeah this. At least your mate from the gym bothered to post his 10% @ 1.6 bid

Would've worked if I'd said my mate from dominoes

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #9071 on: July 26, 2012, 11:45:28 PM »

At no point have I ever doubled a 6 vs a 7.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9072 on: July 27, 2012, 04:37:09 AM »

U doubled 6 vs a 4 or a 5 then. Many witnesses.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: July 27, 2012, 04:40:50 AM »

hugely different to a 7.

If I was the AML monson I would just double everything

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #9074 on: July 27, 2012, 08:21:56 AM »

hugely different to a 7.

If I was the AML monson I would just double everything

He is just so aggressive

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 603 604 [605] 606 607 608 609 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: