blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 03:04:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 627 628 [629] 630 631 632 633 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2582073 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #9420 on: August 12, 2012, 02:09:38 AM »

Spin FTW!!

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: August 12, 2012, 02:38:12 AM »

You've too much on your poker cv to start every conversation with "there was this one time in Colombia", but best of luck and win anyway.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9422 on: August 12, 2012, 03:00:36 AM »

Tid Alexis! Glglg x

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9423 on: August 12, 2012, 05:17:55 AM »

Made the final! Restarts noon tomorrow which is 6pm UK time. Pretty excited!

Not been above average stack all tournament yet, but I'm pretty close right now! There's 1.17m in play, 9 left, I have 102k. Blinds are 2.5k/5k so it's a bit crapshooty but 20 bigs is monstrous in these comps, it's so so different to online, and it's where I thrive. People raise/fold and peel raises out of 7bb stacks, people fold down to 1bb, and people fold A9 bvb to a 4bb shove. Then again some people call off 17bbs with 66 from an utg shove.

So working out who's making which giant mistakes and exploiting them is the real skill here.

I'm feeling really confident in my game at this stage, so feeling good for tomorrow. I think I'm guaranteed 6.5million pesos (just under £3k) and there's 57m ftw which is about £20k. I've got 100% of myself too which is awesome, I don't think I've ever had 100% of myself in a comp this size before so it's a nice shot at having my 2nd biggest ever score. I guess I get taxed 20% too sigh, but I don't really care about the money this time, it's about the flag and now it's about the trophy and the winners photo with me and no rail! Hopefully will get my table buddies from today Humberto and Nacho Barbero up for it! Unfortunately Humberto got knocked out in 10th so we can't have an epic heads up battle Sad Would've been so cool, the guy was hilarious today. He's like the Costa Rican Rastafish. So entertaining and good for the game. The more characters like him in the game the better.

I really doubt there'll be a stream or even updates online, and there's no wifi, so I'll just text somebody if get heads up or anything!

Wiiii #lovethegame
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 05:27:56 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9424 on: August 12, 2012, 05:24:34 AM »

Btw decided that if I get heads up, I'm gonna try and win the comp with J2 for the winners photo. Even if it means calling a shove, I'll do it for the boys! #hastogetthereoneday?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #9425 on: August 12, 2012, 05:27:07 AM »

Sick GOGOGO!!

I'm working tomorrow night, so will be at my PC from teatime onwards if you want to text me updates and I'll post them

LOL @ J2

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: August 12, 2012, 07:04:43 AM »

Sigh got blanked by phil galfond on twitter. He's on a plane with wifi, was like "im bored, will be answering questions"

I asked him "Do you think it's degenerate/unhealthy to do 0ev flips/games with your mates to kill/spend time?", he didn't get round to answering though.

Thought it was quite a good question. Way better than some of the ones he answered lol. Just read some of his blogs for the past two hours. Think he's my new idol lol.

My first impression of him was on high stakes poker where he peeled like $40k with K5o vs Eli Elezra. Never understood wtf he was doing. Was there ever any explanation?

Seems like a huge huge sicko though, and writes incredibly well and is obviously extremely intelligent.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9427 on: August 12, 2012, 08:00:06 AM »

Good luck Alex, WAL!

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #9428 on: August 12, 2012, 08:47:03 AM »

Have you read the OMGClayAiken well on 2plus2. So good. Was telling Zerofive about it only a few days ago.
And good luck with the FT.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: August 12, 2012, 09:11:32 AM »

His well is easy top 5 threads ever on poker imo. At least for content. He did some cool videos for pokerstatic.com, my fav player with Durrrr by far.

Gl today mate! Sick trip if you take this down!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: August 12, 2012, 09:23:51 AM »

Good luck Alex, WAL!

Cheers mate, always remember that you were the first to reply to my OP itt!

@Will and Adam, I will read it for sure. One of his blog posts has inspired me to "come out of the closet" on an issue I've always felt a bit silly about posting about before, but since he seems to feel the same I can safely go ahead, even though some of the kidz on the internetz will laugh at me! I'm going to write it now because my brain is buzzing and I can never sleep when I have something in my brain that needs exploring.

edit: written it, going to wait until after 2mora is over before posting it though.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 11:04:32 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Mondeoman

View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: August 12, 2012, 09:34:17 AM »

Sigh got blanked by phil galfond on twitter. He's on a plane with wifi, was like "im bored, will be answering questions"

I asked him "Do you think it's degenerate/unhealthy to do 0ev flips/games with your mates to kill/spend time?", he didn't get round to answering though.

Thought it was quite a good question. Way better than some of the ones he answered lol. Just read some of his blogs for the past two hours. Think he's my new idol lol.

My first impression of him was on high stakes poker where he peeled like $40k with K5o vs Eli Elezra. Never understood wtf he was doing. Was there ever any explanation?

Seems like a huge huge sicko though, and writes incredibly well and is obviously extremely intelligent.

Galfond is indeed the bomb (i believe this is what the kidz are saying nowadays).  Think that k5 hand was well out of character.  I could be wrong but i think it was because years earlier he played on high stakes and got a lot of criticism for being ridiculously tight so the next time he was on played extra splashy.  He does peel 4/5 bets more than the average player but obv its burning money when the the player you're doing it against only ever has aa/kk.  Think he ended up foling on a kJJJ board?
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: August 12, 2012, 02:11:09 PM »

Galfond obviously a sicko. Pretty sure he was advertising on High Stakes 6.

Good luck Alex.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: August 12, 2012, 04:02:38 PM »

Think he ended up foling on a kJJJ board?

KJJQJ it was iirc cos he lost to QQ as well, think the turn went chk chk and Eli bombed the river.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9434 on: August 12, 2012, 04:07:00 PM »

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 627 628 [629] 630 631 632 633 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: