blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:23:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 631 632 [633] 634 635 636 637 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2562277 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9480 on: August 13, 2012, 01:07:14 PM »

Not ANY "random 50 year old Live Reg" Patrick.

SOME can play, & very well. There are even some youngsters who are not so good.

There's probably less than 10 "live cash game regs" who are over 50 that make 1/2 as much as Alex does, or has half as high an hourly/bb/100 in the games he plays. Reasons go past fundamentals and are often psychological as they probably don't think/research/discuss like Alex is here.

And all "non older" players do? By definition, that is just not possible!

No of course not, a select few, but just because of the internet etc younger players have better fundamentals. Bad fundamentals + bad psychology +big rake + few hands an hour= very hard to win at live poker nevermind talking about expenses yada yada.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9481 on: August 13, 2012, 01:07:39 PM »

perhaps there is not 10 guys under 50 winning half as big as alex though :d

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9482 on: August 13, 2012, 01:11:30 PM »

Not ANY "random 50 year old Live Reg" Patrick.

SOME can play, & very well. There are even some youngsters who are not so good.

There's probably less than 10 "live cash game regs" who are over 50 that make 1/2 as much as Alex does, or has half as high an hourly/bb/100 in the games he plays. Reasons go past fundamentals and are often psychological as they probably don't think/research/discuss like Alex is here.

And all "non older" players do? By definition, that is just not possible!

No of course not, a select few, but just because of the internet etc younger players have better fundamentals. Bad fundamentals + bad psychology +big rake + few hands an hour= very hard to win at live poker nevermind talking about expenses yada yada.

Bad fundamentals, yes, in the majority of cases, I agree.

But "bad psychology, big rake, few hands per hour" surely applies to everyone, equally, be they over or under 50?  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9483 on: August 13, 2012, 01:13:53 PM »

I agree with the blackjack and roulette and spewy jams trying to get out of it being spewy long term, of course, and I wasn't trying to justify those - I was just using those examples to highlight how my brain works sometimes. They're definitely things I want to cut out of my game.

I'm not bothered, and still not persuaded by DMorgan or Pleno's arguments, about booking wins, tightening up towards the end of a session. I totally agree with Dave - It isn't one long session, it's lots of little sessions, with breaks in between.

And yeh, what's tightening up really going to cost you long term? Say my winrate goes from £40 an hour to £35 for that final half hour. Costing me £2.50 in EV to preserve moral and go home happy / be happy the next day. SNAP imo. Even if it was twice or three time that I'd do it.

Really looking forward to the levelling wars that take place in my next session at DTD with Mitch et al!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #9484 on: August 13, 2012, 01:15:27 PM »

Some great posts here, explains a lot about me.

Like my brain smushed all over the rail.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9485 on: August 13, 2012, 01:15:37 PM »

The old vs young debate is really not what this is about at all, it's a pretty boring derail imo guys and you'll both argue with each other till you're blue in the face about this and not agree, you have done for months even years!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9486 on: August 13, 2012, 01:16:38 PM »

The old vs young debate is really not what this is about at all, it's a pretty boring derail imo guys and you'll both argue with each other till you're blue in the face about this and not agree, you have done for months even years!

Hint taken Alex, I'll stfu.

Apologies for the derail.

As you were, carry on.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:19:09 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #9487 on: August 13, 2012, 01:19:40 PM »

As you were, carry on.

You know that means Pleno wins right?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9488 on: August 13, 2012, 01:20:31 PM »

I agree with the blackjack and roulette and spewy jams trying to get out of it being spewy long term, of course, and I wasn't trying to justify those - I was just using those examples to highlight how my brain works sometimes. They're definitely things I want to cut out of my game.

I'm not bothered, and still not persuaded by DMorgan or Pleno's arguments, about booking wins, tightening up towards the end of a session. I totally agree with Dave - It isn't one long session, it's lots of little sessions

but just finish the session, why still play?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9489 on: August 13, 2012, 01:21:39 PM »

And yeh, what's tightening up really going to cost you long term? Say my winrate goes from £40 an hour to £35 for that final half hour. Costing me £2.50 in EV to preserve moral and go home happy / be happy the next day. SNAP imo. Even if it was twice or three time that I'd do it.

lets say no inflation and you lose £7.50 an hour 3 hours a week? That's already over £80 a month, 3 years and thats £24k, huge! Cheesy

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9490 on: August 13, 2012, 01:23:09 PM »

As you were, carry on.

Sounds like a was in a huff there Tikay, I wasn't, just saying.

I think there should be a thread called "Bang your head against the wall" where people can go to argue with you and Pleno about all the same arguments over and over again. P.S. Did I mention how TEZ ALL Colombians are!? Worse than the French!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #9491 on: August 13, 2012, 01:25:59 PM »

lets say no inflation and you lose £7.50 an hour 3 hours a week? That's already over £80 a month, 3 years and thats £24k, huge! Cheesy

Nice maths work there bud.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9492 on: August 13, 2012, 01:28:26 PM »

hahaha

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9493 on: August 13, 2012, 01:28:45 PM »

I'm not bothered, and still not persuaded by DMorgan or Pleno's arguments, about booking wins, tightening up towards the end of a session. I totally agree with Dave - It isn't one long session, it's lots of little sessions

but just finish the session, why still play?

Well firstly cos £35 an hour>>£0 an hour. Secondly it's bad form to quit live games. Seriously, you should hear how Mitch whines when somebody quits the game before the end. You'll never hear the end of it.

One time I was winning big in a game (thin) and Hannah rang me to say goodnight, I got up from the table and took the phonecall. I return to barages of abuse from the fatman about how I was "just off for a wander round the club". Honestly it's unbelievable.

Although, it was pretty funny how one time when Will Fry was actually doing that, we just saw him railing the £25 freezeout instead of playing in a game he was winning big in. We ask him if he's playing this hand and he's like "nah there's a big pot going on here Cheesy" <3 the Fry.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9494 on: August 13, 2012, 01:31:53 PM »

er sorry what? It's like £3k!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 631 632 [633] 634 635 636 637 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: