blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:28:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 643 644 [645] 646 647 648 649 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2557389 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9660 on: August 17, 2012, 03:55:10 AM »

Thunderstorm not only cost me my night of rumba y fiesta, it also cost me probably 1k euros. Was 1/6 in a comp with 2k ftw, was a 20euro buyin, insanely soft field, so I was probably even money at least to tid, internet cut out, managed to ladder to 3rd but was already bust by the time I got it back. Pretty annoying. Never happened before to me, so I count myself lucky that it hasn't before and that it wasn't too financially costly. Maybe it made me money who knows?!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9661 on: August 17, 2012, 03:56:03 AM »

and fuck you guys, need I remind you of this!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #9662 on: August 17, 2012, 06:27:21 AM »

Are you a good dancer ?

With the threat of a bolt of lightening on his ass ,I bet he's pretty good
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: August 17, 2012, 08:17:14 AM »

Lots of love from Mitch and peejay, they are obv missing you

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9664 on: August 17, 2012, 08:20:29 AM »

Sigh @ pikey Alex. You can't begin to imagine how many times that word has been used to insult me or my family.

I was called a dirty pikey when I was a kid, just 5 or 6 years old. 25 years later, the same thing happened to my kids. 50 years later, it happens to my grandkids.

I'm just sayin BTW. I know you mean nothing by it.

Loving the diary. I envy you your opportunities and the wisdom to grab them while you're young.

The older I get, the better I was.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #9665 on: August 17, 2012, 08:26:40 AM »

If you're going to rumba, it's all about the hip action. For that, you need to push through the floor with the balls of your feet daaaaaaaarrrrrrling!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: August 17, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »

Sigh @ pikey Alex. You can't begin to imagine how many times that word has been used to insult me or my family.

I was called a dirty pikey when I was a kid, just 5 or 6 years old. 25 years later, the same thing happened to my kids. 50 years later, it happens to my grandkids.

Loving the diary. I envy you your opportunities and the wisdom to grab them while you're young.

Sighhhhhh TOM ... All them racist b*****d
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #9667 on: August 17, 2012, 01:19:33 PM »

If you're going to rumba, it's all about the hip action. For that, you need to push through the floor with the balls of your feet daaaaaaaarrrrrrling!

Yes, holster the guns imo
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: August 17, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »

and fuck you guys, need I remind you of this!

IMO Tom has the natural rythum but both Mitch and James seem to be naturally gifted too.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9669 on: August 17, 2012, 03:20:43 PM »

Sending PM Tom

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9670 on: August 17, 2012, 03:31:52 PM »

Yeh Thigh has natural rhythm for sure, and is probs the #1 dancer. Stato close 2nd. Not sure what you see in Mitch and Keys though...

I am shocking it's true. I've no idea why, because I probably have more musical ability that all of them combined, I just can't seem to connect my brain with the rest of my body on the dancefloor. I really enjoy it though, and when pissed I can just forget about looking a little silly and just let go. Much to everyone else's amusement / horror.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9671 on: August 17, 2012, 06:33:20 PM »

Great day. Moved on from the paradise in El Peñón 15 minutes further south to the town of "Guatape".

I checked into a nice looking hotel (but very much a step down from the luxuries of the last place @ £35/night) on the waterfront.

Click to see full-size image.

I spent the day exploring, wandering around the gorgeous cobbled streets and nosing into shops. It's lovely here, a really friendly feel to the place, and just a sleepy relaxed sort of town.

Towards the end of my wander I'm just walking down a side street on my way to the waterfront and I'm greeted by a man in his 50s who extends his hand to me and greets me very warmly. He asks me where I'm from and when I say "Inglaterra" he goes nuts and goes inside his house to get his son. He insists I come in.

Not completely at ease, but my instincts (which are pretty good in these sort of situations) where that his intentions were good and he and his son seemed over the moon to meet me. I stepped into the house. They showed me around and gave me a beer. They seemed to love England and the English (surprised me a bit!). The son (who was 20) had a picture of London Bridge as his background on his phone. He spoke quite good english, his father didn't speak much at all. He introduced me to his younger brothers and insisted I stayed for some food and more beer. They seemed to love beer, their fridge was full of it. The son said they drank it all day and night. The father wore pretty filthy clothes and I don't know whether he was on drugs, but something didn't look quite right with him.

Father, me, son

The son (Domanin, I think) told me how everybody in England and America won't come to Colombia because they think it's all about cocaine and whores when really it's a beautiful country and there's no more danger than in anywhere else. This is the overwhelming impression I've got from speaking to locals. They LOVE their country, they are very very proud of it, and wish that they had more visitors, because once they come, they realise what it's really like.

I for one couldn't agree more, not a single bad experience to report on yet!

Three of them sleep in this room

Younger brothers playing videogames

Kitchen

The son introduced the master bedroom to me as "the bed for sex" lol!

Anyway, I stuck around in this house for a bit, I spotted a chess set and challenged Domanin to a game. I hadn't played in over 10 years probably, have never been any good, but I've been reading the chess thread a bit so thought I'd see just how useless I was. I did manage to win, but only because Domanin was useless too!

They really didn't want me to leave, they offered me more food, beer, even a bed for the night! I politely declined and left with a huge smile on my face. What a nice experience. 

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #9672 on: August 17, 2012, 06:39:08 PM »

You are now an International Chess Champion! Congratulations.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #9673 on: August 17, 2012, 06:41:29 PM »

Sounds incred, reading stuff like that makes me even more gutted I missed out on travelling

ROFL@ 'bed for sex'

Old man has to plot himself up on the sofa if he gets lucky on a night out Cheesy

Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #9674 on: August 17, 2012, 06:58:15 PM »

Thats quality Alex. Makes me so happy to be here in Nottingham really does 

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 643 644 [645] 646 647 648 649 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: