blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:36:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 640 641 [642] 643 644 645 646 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2561576 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #9615 on: August 15, 2012, 08:21:19 PM »

I can be busboy

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #9616 on: August 15, 2012, 08:38:38 PM »

PMSL stato.

Potentially incredible story on the way by the way. Might be huge disappointment though. It's 50/50 atm I reckon. GETTTTTT

Is it a game of table football against Carlos Valderrama?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #9617 on: August 15, 2012, 08:39:08 PM »

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9618 on: August 16, 2012, 01:12:25 AM »

rofl Tal. heroic fro.

Nothing to report on unfortunately. Just the boating, biking and jacuzzi for me today. Pretty chilled. Moving on in two days I think.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #9619 on: August 16, 2012, 06:37:43 AM »

Got a good brain teaser for you mate...

2+?= 4.

GL.

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #9620 on: August 16, 2012, 08:50:49 AM »

Got a good brain teaser for you mate...

2+?= 4.

GL.

That's a hard one Mitch ! Took me ages to figure it out
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9621 on: August 16, 2012, 11:07:48 AM »

Day 1. Arrived safely after long long day travelling.

Playing day 1b tomorrow for me, today for you. Checked into the hotel, seems pretty basic. Nice clean big room though with a good shower and big comfy bed. Just ordered room service. "Hamburguesa Doble Res" with a Coke, costing 13,000 pesos, which is less than £5.

Had an amazing cup of freshly squeezed Mandarin juice at the airport for about £1. So so good. Used to have freshly squeezed juice all the time in South America, it's so nice and cheap too. I was last here in May 2008 so it's been a long time but it feels nice to be back.

Haven't seen any of Colombia yet. Was night when I arrived and I got a transfer bus with a fellow qualifier "Bruno" from Portugal, who is in the room next door. He's a sng grinder on stars and flicked it in for a 22$ satty without really thinking about what would happen if he won - standard! I said I played because I wanted to go to Colombia. Now I'm here I'm not so sure, definitely a bit apprehensive about the trip beyond the poker tournament.

RE Travel insurance. Those making comments saying "don't cut corners" - I'm not trying to, I have no choice that I can see. No commercial insurer will give insurance Colombia. If anyone can find someone that does, then great, please let me know. I couldn't, so my Dads offer has got to be better than nothing.

I've heard bad things about the food here, so I think food poisoning is going to be the biggest risk of illness. Other than that, I'm sure I'll be fine, I've spent 4 months in Kenya (not a single problem), 2 months in south east asia (no problems) and 6 months in central america&south america (one stabbing, wasn't a big deal). So I'm sure there won't be any issues, but obviously I'd like some insurance just in case.

Looking forward to the comp a lot now. Room service here now, gl me...

i see what you tried there
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9622 on: August 16, 2012, 04:39:27 PM »

How much land have you bought? What was the quote for building your hotel?

lol, it was like 20 or 30k sterling to buy a decently sized plot of land. the houses were minimum £150k, range up to £1m. Obviously not considering, I was just looking out of interest, and potentially looking at renting a place for next year after the WSOP or something, would be pretty sick to get a few of us out here, can head into the city for nights out, and chill out by the lake/pool / grind during the day.

Last day in paradise here, gonna head into the local town/city tomorrow and check that out, supposed to be quite nice, still on the lake I think, but it's a quaint little place from what I've read, with nice cobbled streets and quiet squares and shops.

Decided to fade the 8hour trip to the mountains. Not sure about the decision. If I wasn't on my own I'd snap do it, but an 8 hour bus journey (especially if its like the one I got here!) on my own doesn't really appeal to me right now, and I've heard the mountains aren't all that, at least not compared to the volcano I climbed in Peru...

Click to see full-size image.

That's at the top of El Misti, 5825m iirc, the highest I've ever been. The air at the top was just incredibly thin and you felt like you were going to have a heart attack any minute. It was such an intense climb, I think we did it ridiculously quickly (we had a crazy guide!) and it took 2 days when it should've taken 3. I remember sleeping over 15hours the night after that. Yes I know the dungarees are HOT.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #9623 on: August 16, 2012, 04:53:13 PM »

Judging by the pic, iirc = it is really cold

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9624 on: August 16, 2012, 04:55:34 PM »

Judging by the pic, iirc = it is really cold

lol yes, it certainly was

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #9625 on: August 16, 2012, 05:38:07 PM »

More like salopettes than dungarees. You have been skiing yah.

Do you feel safer in Thailand or Colombia?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9626 on: August 16, 2012, 05:54:36 PM »

More like salopettes than dungarees. You have been skiing yah.

Do you feel safer in Thailand or Colombia?

Feel completely safe in both.

3 incidents I can remember lifetime -

1) Vietnam - argument with a bus driver who took us from to Hanoi and when we got there, tried to charge us extra if we didn't stay in the hotel he dropped us off at (He obviously had some deal with the hotel where he gets commission for bringing people there). Hotel was an absolute hole, and hated the fact we were being made to stay there, refused to pay, obv it kick off, this guy ripped his shirt off lol trying to look hard (he was tbf) and then someone ran down the stairs wielding a machete. [X] We paid up.

2nd was the infamous stabbing incident in Mexico.

3rd was the worst one though, and guess where it was? Getting mugged by a bunch of pikeys in Cambridge of all places! This was my first night back from being in Africa for 3 months too!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: August 16, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »

2nd was the infamous stabbing incident in Mexico.

Cliffs? =/

leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #9628 on: August 16, 2012, 06:01:55 PM »

More details please

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #9629 on: August 16, 2012, 06:05:27 PM »

Throws out the casual stabbing incident in a desperate attempt for more views/posts. In order for this not to serve purpose I will delete it after 12 hours!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 640 641 [642] 643 644 645 646 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: