blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:04:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2543778 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2011, 08:27:12 PM »

Sigh, yeh cashed for 959. 7handed shoved 11bigs UTG with  . small blind shorty called with 66 and held. Then shoved 5bigs on the button with 33 and lost the flip vs QJ. Mixed emotions. Really happy with my play today, happy to have got 17th considering my chip stack at the start of the day and the fact that I got dealt no good hands the whole day. Played my stack really well - shoved in all the right spots and kept between 10-20bbs. Sigh@ losing the flips but felt really comfortable at the tables and confident in my edge so bodes well for the future.

Had 5or 6 mates come down to rail for the end which was nice. Chilling have a beer now. Next time!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2011, 08:29:03 PM »

good effort Alex!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2011, 08:36:57 PM »

UL mate nice run

gonna crush 2011 imo

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2011, 08:41:26 PM »

mbn mr fish on a heater!! xxx
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2011, 06:23:38 PM »

So with DTD closed last night I decided to go back to good old gala and see my old friends there and play some of my favourite 50 1 game. The games are usually pretty good on a monday night. I went with Andy (stato1 on here) and we swapped some %ages (probs +EV for me, but also good for him cos I know the gala games really well). Everyone was sitting with £25-50 at the start which was obv really shit but I was running pretty golden, got like 25-40bbs allin pre with 18-30% equity a couple of times and binked on the river both times wiiii. JJ>AA and A8ss>AQ Mbn to win those for £25....

The game got pretty deep and 3tables were running by 2 or 3am. I won lots of medium sized pots, the only big one I won was quite a fun one. Had a specific read on this guy and ending up c/raising allin on the turn with top pair and getting paid by worse. The game was ok but not great and Andy and I decided to drive up/down (?) to Birmingham to play some £1/£2 there. I'd never been but he assured me the games were pretty good there and went on till 9am. Was £290 up from gala so happy to give something new a go. Unfortunately the game wasn't good at all and Andy seemed to have a rep which scared away the best spot on the table as soon as we sat down sigh.

Had an annoying hand where I 3bet aces (where were these hands on day two?!) from the SB and cbet an ugly     flop only to get snapshoved on. I'd bet £26 and he snapshoved for £235 effective. My instinct was to snap when he put his chips in the middle because it didn't look like very much and I almost did thank god. But he had a huge wad of cash in there too so I needed a count. Was hating life. He called his mate over to tell him what had happened and the mate was saying "oh I'll buy £100 insurance if you lose this hand" etc and just generally he seemed to be loving life with his hand. I was pretty certain he was on a combo draw, pair and flush draw or gutshot+fd/oesf draw. What other hand would he be acting like with this? But they have me in with ~50% max equity and there's a small chance he has 2pair I suppose. I still think he has massive draws almost all the time here but I did a girly fold and he showed   .

Anyway, didn't run great for the rest of the session. Binked a couple of turn and rivers to give me massive hands but everytime I knew villain was super weak/on a draw so had to check the river to get any chance of getting paid. Both times they snapped checked behind missed FD and bottom pair hands which was pretty sigh. Esp as the guy with all the money was super spazzy and likely to just donate in the right spot. He'd won a 1.2k pot off Andy c/raising the turn to £200 with A9o on TT68 then shoving the river for £350ish when he got there - Andy called it off with QQ- his line made no sense was just so sick that he'd got there.

I ended up losing £20 for the birmingham session but up £270 overall. Andy ran awful all night so lost a bit cos of that. We're going to Coventry tonight for the £1/£2 game there.

January Cash Profit: £430
January Tourney Profit: £194
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:12:50 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2011, 08:34:23 AM »

ROFL, trueeeeeeeeee grinders! Travelling the United Kingdom looking for spots. Fucking love you!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2011, 09:18:11 AM »

should take a shotgun with you imo

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2011, 01:43:29 PM »

ROFL, trueeeeeeeeee grinders! Travelling the United Kingdom looking for spots. Fucking love you!

[ ] It's been working out really well!
Got home from Coventry at 2ish. Watched rounders last night for inspiration after deciding to call it a night after an awful session. Was at gala by 430 Wink 

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2011, 02:23:32 PM »

Mate, I'm envious. I think its a really fun lifestyle travelling the country with sickos trying to find a spot. Wish I was 20 again :p

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2011, 02:38:45 PM »

Mate, I'm envious. I think its a really fun lifestyle travelling the country with sickos trying to find a spot. Wish I was 20 again :p

yeh i love it. bit shit when you leave a semidecent game in your backgarden and drive an hour to play in a worse game. but was +EV decision long term andy assures me!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »

Enjoying this blog

Mbn

Keep up the good work

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2011, 03:26:26 PM »

yeh i love it. bit shit when you leave a semidecent game in your backgarden and drive an hour to play in a worse game. but was +EV decision long term andy assures me!

if you are going to travel round why not take a mini break in ireland - they just cant keep their money out in my experience

i remember 1 night really well in Galway, there was literally an all in every hand for like 2 hours.  - good times -  but would def be a great week away travelling from city to city by day and playing the pokerz at night.

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2011, 03:39:46 PM »

We'll definatley be having alot of trips round mate, glad your scouting out the waters in advance for me Cheesy
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2011, 06:33:26 PM »

dont bother coming to newcastle, the games are pretty awful imo
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2011, 07:52:16 PM »

if you are going to travel round why not take a mini break in ireland - they just cant keep their money out in my experience

i remember 1 night really well in Galway, there was literally an all in every hand for like 2 hours.  - good times -  but would def be a great week away travelling from city to city by day and playing the pokerz at night.

sounds like a great laugh but much spew on expenses no?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: