blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:04:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2544169 times)
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2011, 09:35:13 PM »

I wouldn't over estimate what people with degrees earn!

A degree is a bit different to a good degree from an excellent university, plus handy background of private schooling and family contacts.

Sounds like a no brainer choice in circumstances though and been enjoyable catching up with this one.  Good luck with it all.

By the way we haven't heard much about the girlfriend.  Is she still a student?  How are you finding fitting that relationship into the nocturnal lifestyle?

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
HP

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2011, 10:39:03 PM »

By the way we haven't heard much about the girlfriend.  Is she still a student?  How are you finding fitting that relationship into the nocturnal lifestyle?

His girlfriend is amazing!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 13, 2011, 09:01:34 AM »

His girlfriend is amazing!
+1

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2011, 09:10:31 AM »

I wouldn't over estimate what people with degrees earn!

A degree is a bit different to a good degree from an excellent university, plus handy background of private schooling and family contacts.

Sounds like a no brainer choice in circumstances though and been enjoyable catching up with this one.  Good luck with it all.

Good question. Hannah is on a year abroad in Germany until end of July so I don't get to see her all that much. But we fly to see each other every 4-6weeks and spent a lot of the christmas period together. The degen lifestyle and sleeping pattern is a large problem and I'm definitely trying to adapt to a 5am-1pm sleep routine (I say writing at 9am after a nights "work" sigh). This isn't so important while she is here, but next year, I definitely want to be awake more in the day to spend lots of time with her so I can get the pass to play bare pokerz at night enjoy her wonderful company Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2011, 09:23:49 AM »

i got mrs fish into playing this way when we come to dtd they always have the smaller comps she can play
and understands more when i come in at 5 in the morning......

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2011, 09:34:30 AM »

i got mrs fish into playing this way when we come to dtd they always have the smaller comps she can play
and understands more when i come in at 5 in the morning......

Regularly make the final table brag imo.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 13, 2011, 09:48:19 AM »

Grind Update.

So after booking a hefty £670 loss on Tuesday night (before stakeback wiiii) I was going to stick to 0.50/1 last night.

Arrived at DTD with Andy at 9ish and saw a couple of big fish sat waiting so got stuck in straight away. It was four handed between me, Simon Deadman, Mitch and Andy. A fun line up and it didn't take too long for Andy to shove   on a   flop and based on a few pretty obvious physical tells I made the call with Ace high and held. That got me up to 150ish, when mitch opened the button to £6 after a bunch of limpers. Range in that spot? I thought pretty wide. Thinking he'd know I knew this I was loving peeling Kings in the small blind and 3betting to £19 expecting a 4bet 100% of the time. He made it £45. Range? Still pretty wide I thought. Flatting an option here but I just thought he'd call it off with a lot of hands if I shoved because it's only 50/1. He tanked for a while then sigh called with Aces and held. Lol. There was a break in the comp so loads of people were railing and all had a fucking good laugh at my expense!

After the £1/2 game kicked off they all went over and left the fishies to me. I went £200 in the hole thanks to losing AKto QQ allin pre too and then this massive drunk guy came and sat down and spun up to £250ish. I reloaded to cover him and was determinded to stack him because he was the most tilty player in the world. Took 30 seconds over every decision really loud, arrogant and irritating. He opened to £16 UTG and I found Kings in the SB (again Smiley ) I made it £45 he called. A 833 was good news, I was determined to look  as weak as possible as I knew he'd spas out. I bet £32 he called. I checked a 3 turn, looking super weak now. He bet £80, I shoved he snapped with AQ high and I held for a 450bb pot wiii! He wanted to challenge me to a £200 Heads Up match as well, I snapaccepted and tried to set it up with the club but they charged £30 an hour for a dealer which I thought was pretty steep for a £200 SNG. I carved up pretty hard after that and ended up winning £295 at the end, which I was very happy with.

430am seemed a little early to call it a night so Mitch, Andy and I went to Gala with another lad, Paul, to get a few beers and play some selfdealt 50p50p 4/5/6 omaha. We played triple board omaha where Mitch managed to get his £50 in, in a 3way allin, pretty much dead on all three boards. I had a ridic good hand on all three too. Mitch had TT in his hand and hit the other two tens on two boards and backdoored a straight on the other, scooping all three. What a life.

Huge amounts of slowrolling took place and it was a really good laugh. Massively looking forward to lads night out on Friday for Mitch's birthday!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 01:20:09 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2011, 09:55:45 AM »

Unfortunately the other night has ruined my good start to the month. Didn't misplay a single hand but lost 4buyins in 2hours@ 1/2. Sad Still just about in the black though now...

January Cash Profit: £55
January Tourney Profit: £194
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 01:23:03 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2011, 04:35:28 PM »

Unfortunately the other night has ruined my good start to the month. Didn't misplay a single hand but lost 4buyins in 2hours@ 1/2. Sad Still just about in the black though now...

dont want to put a downer on things and its early days i know ....if there is no other income can you live on this ??
its why alot grind online aswell

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2011, 04:45:51 PM »

That's what Mitch do.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 13, 2011, 04:51:30 PM »

Its always nice to take a trip somewhere a bit different and obv driving isn't a huge expense but it is another expense. You're probably better off just travelling when theres a tourney circuit event on when the cash games are REALLY good. At least then you're not playing a couple of hours just to cover petrol, food etc.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 13, 2011, 04:52:45 PM »

dont want to put a downer on things and its early days i know ....if there is no other income can you live on this ??

this is a ridic small sample size?! obviously if this "winrate" continued I couldn't live on it. Maybe I should just put total earnt since Sept when I started to silence the doubters.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2011, 04:53:47 PM »

I knwo we talked about online pokers before, but if you could play 7,500 hands a week of 50nl and win at 8bb/100 which I think you are more than capable off, 7.5k hands wouldnt take much time at all 6-8 tabling (one solid nights work and a few lil daytime sessions) then thats $1,200 p/month which might make a decent difference.

But anyway I dont wanna put a downer either, and you're crushing so gogogo
glglglglglglglgl

JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2011, 04:54:49 PM »

Was crushed I had to miss the homegame at gala. Sigh. There were some sick stacks on show last night though! Along with some uber sick folding competition going on on the 1/2 rofl
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2011, 04:55:34 PM »

this is a ridic small sample size?! obviously if this "winrate" continued I couldn't live on it. Maybe I should just put total earnt since Sept when I started to silence the doubters.

Also probably not the best use of your time (in terms of ROI) to play on a cash table with just Simon Deadman, Mitch and Andy?  Surely better to avoid them and play on a .50/1 cash game full of fish?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: