blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2562882 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4695 on: October 14, 2011, 01:23:23 AM »

Whoop keys Keith and mitch all made the money! They've got 2.5k locked up, 45left, 79k ftw. Might do some updates tomorrow afternoon if the weathers not good and there aren't any hotties on the beach. Will be a pretty sick sweat I imagine...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4696 on: October 14, 2011, 07:06:49 AM »

GL to the Johnson brothers and Mr GT-R. I expect one of them to take it down, although I don't expect it to be Mitch...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: October 14, 2011, 09:30:14 AM »

Hi Alex, beem on here for quite awhile, dont post much but always read your diary. Prob the best regular piece on here tbh, love the reports of all the goings on in the live cash games, good luck to all your mates left in comp, do some updates.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: October 14, 2011, 11:50:36 AM »

The cash game last night was just as juicy as the other 3nights. Even more fishy and limp cally than ever. It reminded me of a gala 50/1 game. Amazing how similar the standard was.

This little old lady was the best value on the table. First hand I play I've 3b AK to 145 out of the blinds after the whole table limps and the button isos, she has limped in middle position and calls the 145 with 50 behind with A2o! I put in the extra 50 on TT7 she calls and rivers the 2 and slowrolls me, marv! She was fairly comical though so I didn't mind at all. She limp cold called another 3b, this time with 92o off, and she bet bet bet AT2AT and it had to be explained to her why she didn't win! Then randomly she'd fold her bb to a 3x open. Everyone was like wtf must that have been!

She owned me in one pot though. Limp limp limp, guy iso's to 35, he's alright but has been raise folding a lot, I made it 90 in position with three clubs Two Clubs she cold called from the bb with , OR calls too. Flop is the orgasmic . Booooom finally I'm gonna get her! She has a grand in front of her and checks. Other guy checks, I bet 160 into 300. She tanks and folds. Folds. She showed the ppl next to her and they confirmed she had top pair and folded to one bet. Never been so owned in all my life!

Ran pretty bad all night in key spots, AK<KK for 550 to get me winning a bunch, ended up down 700. Still had a great time despite the loss, and it really got me back into live poker. The incredible value both monetary and entertainment-wise was unbelivable. Definitely not regretting coming here anymore! Going to go down and rail the boys now. Gogo team eureka!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: October 14, 2011, 11:52:14 AM »

Hi Alex, beem on here for quite awhile, dont post much but always read your diary. Prob the best regular piece on here tbh, love the reports of all the goings on in the live cash games, good luck to all your mates left in comp, do some updates.

Cheers mate, glad you like it. Will try and sneak a media pass and do some updates!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: October 14, 2011, 11:57:14 AM »

Gala fish in Greece? Sat with £1k?! What a life.

Don't be so hard on yourself though - you didn't get owned. She didn't have a club, so she couldn't continue in the hand. Would have been a good spot to tell her you'd be counterfeited by the overcard, that might have earned you a call.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: October 14, 2011, 02:06:14 PM »

Not to question your poker prowess but is it really a good idea to 3 bet hands like that in a fishy game?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: October 14, 2011, 02:59:31 PM »

Not to question your poker prowess but is it really a good idea to 3 bet hands like that in a fishy game?

It was a very limp/cally limp/foldy game and this guy was the only guy isolating the limpers. He was fairly weak post flop though and folded to 3bets quite a bit since he was opening so wide. No-one except for the lady was limp calling 90£ so I pick up loads of dead money too. This lady cold called 3bets a bit, but only those 2or 3 times I wrote about. Even if she peels Im in position and a grand deep and she was so bad, if I flop big and she flopped any pair I'm gonna win a big pot. (she was calling any bet with any pair up until this point, the odds of her folding top pair to one bet I would've put at million to one, still in shock that she did). 32cc is too shit to peel with anyway, even ip, cos it's likely to go 5/6 ways. I'd way rather been heads up with the lady or the raiser with the initiative, than mulitway without the betting lead.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: October 14, 2011, 07:37:24 PM »

Keith Johnson eliminated in 28th place (€2,870)
Published: October 14, 2011

In a pot that would see one player claim the chip lead, Keith Johnson was all-in pre-flop for around 350,000 holding  against Nicholas De Groot who had pocket aces. The board ran  to send Johnson to the rail and give De Groot over 700,000 and the probable chip lead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mitch Johnson eliminated in 21st place (€3,253)

After De Lima Carvalho had opened to 18,000 from mid-position, Mitch Johnson moved all-in for 160,000 from the small blind, call from Carvalho, on their backs.

Johnson:  

Carvalho:  

The board ran   three diamonds to send Johnson to the rail.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James Keys eliminated in 16th place (€3,827)

Team Red Kings Pro James Keys couldn’t recover from doubling up  Anu Mikkola and was knocked out in 16th place shortly after. He moved all-in from the small blind for around 140,000 with   after Roman Herold had opened from the button, Herold made the call with   and held on the   board.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 07:42:57 PM by WotRTheChances » Logged
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: October 15, 2011, 03:42:17 AM »

Yup all the boys busted today, very disappointing. They did their best for team eureka but had no luck today. Great effort though chaps.

Went out with a load of ppl from betfair tonight, nice meal and loads of drinks, all complimentary tyvm to them. The others were all pretty tilted by the tournament and wanted to get smashed. The hotels "club" didn't really appeal to me and I sacked it off in favour of the friday night cash games, seeing as we've got a big night planned tomorrow in the city I didn't feel too bad. An hour later and Mitch joined me and we had a decent little session, but got tilted by the drunkards and how slow the game was. I booked a decent 900 win and we went to cash out but Mitch had to have a cheeky spin on the roulette. I had 2070 euros in chips and was pleased with my win on the pokers so thought fuck it and put the odd 70 on the table and we had a spin up. Have never really ran good at roulette before but was abs golden tonight, (probs cos I was backing Mitchs numbers) - loads of fun. True to my name it was a disciplined poshboy sort of spin up, as soon as i got my buyin back I pocketed it, and kept taking £100 euro chips off the table so the whole thing was a constant freeroll. Last spin of the spin, boom zero comes in, have 8euros on it wiiiiii! Went to the cash desk very happy. Booked a cheeky 700 win, 1600 for the day Smiley Mitch won a chunk too, enough to make it rain on dem hoes in the hotel room anyway....hope he'll let me post that video...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: October 17, 2011, 04:16:17 AM »

So after a shaky start, Greece turned out to be pretty sick. Think we made like 12k between us over here, I'm up like 3k from 5/5 which was ridic soft but did well to run good all week Smiley and roulette winnings basically covered expenses, so the 3k poker profit goes straight into the roll and is great ammo to prove to Hannah what a good idea all these trips are! So much I wanna do over the next 6months, Prague in december, macau& Thailand with cos, Dominica for GSOP final, Vegas....love this life!

Had 2good nights out tonight and last night, checked out of hotel early and went to thessalonikki (city the size of Nottingham) which had some great nightlife. Shame no-one converted in the comp, but as a group I think weve done good. Ty to Keith keys and mitch for being fkn heroes and making the trip so good. Even managing to wrestle Keith into submission these days, must be improving! Mitch is my next target, though I fear I'm some way of conquering that colossus!

Flying back tomorrow, miss Nottingham loads even after just a week. Looking forward to seeing Hannah, my housemates, all my degenerate friends and Holly again! And deeteedeeeeeee!

So pleased for a bunch of ppl for having good scores this week too, deadman, stato, thigh, nick hicks, thewy. Everyone's crushing! October rocks!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: October 19, 2011, 01:46:40 AM »

Marv, another one

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: October 19, 2011, 09:33:14 AM »

?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: October 19, 2011, 02:07:48 PM »

?

Was in response to some fanboy message that turned out to be a brape and got deleted.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: October 19, 2011, 02:37:53 PM »

Returned to Nottingham to find my house was a bombsite. I don't know whether stato had been having another countdown party which turned wild or it was just the cat. Holly is chief suspect though. Even though Andys countdown buddy and 2009 champion, Chris is fairly prepubescent, I think even he wouldn't leave a large pile of feaces in the corner of the living room. Spent about 2 hours cleaning up, hoovering and mopping, it was a massive ball ache, Holly is a right little terror! She's the most attention seeking cat I've ever had and is constantly hungry too which is really annoying. She'll run in front of wherever you're walking so you ended up either constantly kicking her or doing a sort of hopscotch walk. It's bloody irritating.

All of this is fairly eye opening. Its a lot more work and a lot more expensive than I thought it would be, I was fairly naive when i came up with this idea to get a cat, didn't really think it through much. BUT I'm really glad I did because it's teaching me some valuable lessons in being responsible. I'm pretty immature in my day to day life, I make sensible long term decisions and have my head screwed on generally, but I have a fair amount of growing up to do still. I'm also fairly lazy and inactive, always put things off until the last minute, don't plan in advance much and this annoys some people Hannah. For example, it's been almost three months since the monte carlo and the money has just been sitting in a no interest account for all that time when I've meant to be setting up a share fund. Yesterday I finally sent off the package to get that started but i should've done it ages ago.

Basically, I think it's helping me take responsibility and if I can look after her properly then it can only be a good thing. It's like a mini baby so it's good practice Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: