blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:33:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 704 705 [706] 707 708 709 710 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2557033 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #10575 on: October 01, 2012, 01:09:32 PM »

One very quick point i will make which is more an observation by me than any sort of constructive point but...

One thing i have noticed occassionally is when quite keen slightly less experienced players come to cash tables like those at DTD i think a lot are slighhtttly put off playing because the atmosphere is a LOT more casual than they might be used to which appears odd when more money is at stake. i am 100% guilty of not being fully aware of this.

a good example of this at the big 500 i was playing a cash game and a guy sat down clearly not very experienced with live cash games. there was a hand between me and a guy iv k own for a while on the river the pot was £1600 and he had £65 left. i elected on the end just to table my hand and save him the last bit, i was winning he was losing etc pretty stnd. combined with the fact me and linton were fucking about a bit lead him to accuse me of collusion. i was a little offended but can actually see his point and it made me wonder how many players like hi  have felt this way and not played again as a result.

And this after saying 'fun friendly enviroments' are what the game needs. i guess this needs to be very subtle, flexible and monitored all the time by the games regs.

Its so easy when youre so used to playing poker with people you know to remember to consider other peoples perceptions of your behavior. i know 100% im guilty of this but thats a result of mostly playing with people i actually really like.
trigg recently had a similar experience to this and someone not even in the hand got it declared dead.

Dtd is a million times to better to play poker at and I am really suprised how little aggro you find there. I can only think of a handful of times there has been any sort of kick off and if it ain't been me involved its always been Ronaldo. Gotta say that after Frankie, Ronaldo is one ofy favourite characters in that card room. Thinking about it I ain't seen him the last couple of times. Is he ok.

Yeh that story of trigg's was horrific. Nah different spot as I know the person in the hand and was 100% sure he wouldn't attempt an angle, in the games I play in you very rarely put people in for there last bit of change or w/e if the last bet is £500 and they have £540 or w/e you never take the £40 (speshly if they are losing and you're winning)

There is literally no way it can be collusion but combine that with a few other things I was doing in that game, nothing bad I was winning decent had had a cuple of beers and was just really enjoying playing lol I can see why the guy was like wtf cos his experiences I imagine was mostly in tournaments where obv this behavior would have been totally OOL. Was really a spot where I should have been savvy enough to just change the way I was behaving a little bit for the game's benefit.

As it happened I ended up justice doing a decent wedge to the guy so Im sure he'll be back.

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: October 01, 2012, 01:30:39 PM »

Ronaldo is one ofy favourite characters in that card room. Thinking about it I ain't seen him the last couple of times. Is he ok.

Dunno if srs but, banned/self-banned from DTD.
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10577 on: October 01, 2012, 01:50:40 PM »

I have to pick a diary to put this on, and feel this is the most suitable. This is complete genius and should be Team Eureka's next house purchase. Perfect for the grinding sessions.

Unfortunately not available to actually buy yet, but is apparently happening.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: October 01, 2012, 01:58:26 PM »

Any chance we can bin the "Team Eureka" nonsense? Cant think of a single "team" in poker that hasnt made themselves look silly by trying to be a group/team whatever u want to call it. We can look back in poker history we had "The Crew" "Team Total Poker (my own stupid attempt years ago at this rubbish) " "The Hitsquad" and the forums favourite "The Firm"

Basically its just a joke, waste of time and reflects badly on those involved- and starts collusion debates when they woudnt be needed otherwise

All imo of course.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: October 01, 2012, 02:06:17 PM »

Sigh..

http://www.thefirmpoker.com/
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: October 01, 2012, 02:23:25 PM »

Any chance we can bin the "Team Eureka" nonsense? Cant think of a single "team" in poker that hasnt made themselves look silly by trying to be a group/team whatever u want to call it. We can look back in poker history we had "The Crew" "Team Total Poker (my own stupid attempt years ago at this rubbish) " "The Hitsquad" and the forums favourite "The Firm"

Basically its just a joke, waste of time and reflects badly on those involved- and starts collusion debates when they woudnt be needed otherwise

All imo of course.

The Hendon Mob?

Cliffs on the story behind The Firm?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: October 01, 2012, 02:24:19 PM »

"Team Total Poker"

Best name imo 
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: October 01, 2012, 02:24:55 PM »

Hendonmob marketed themselves well in a period where they could take advantage- market saturated so no upside anymore

LilDave was in the firm, no real cliffs- just like to wind him up
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: October 01, 2012, 03:29:36 PM »

One very quick point i will make which is more an observation by me than any sort of constructive point but...

One thing i have noticed occassionally is when quite keen slightly less experienced players come to cash tables like those at DTD i think a lot are slighhtttly put off playing because the atmosphere is a LOT more casual than they might be used to which appears odd when more money is at stake. i am 100% guilty of not being fully aware of this.

a good example of this at the big 500 i was playing a cash game and a guy sat down clearly not very experienced with live cash games. there was a hand between me and a guy iv k own for a while on the river the pot was £1600 and he had £65 left. i elected on the end just to table my hand and save him the last bit, i was winning he was losing etc pretty stnd. combined with the fact me and linton were fucking about a bit lead him to accuse me of collusion. i was a little offended but can actually see his point and it made me wonder how many players like hi  have felt this way and not played again as a result.

And this after saying 'fun friendly enviroments' are what the game needs. i guess this needs to be very subtle, flexible and monitored all the time by the games regs.

Its so easy when youre so used to playing poker with people you know to remember to consider other peoples perceptions of your behavior. i know 100% im guilty of this but thats a result of mostly playing with people i actually really like.

Not sure of the new-wave thinking on that, Dave, but that was a standard old-school thing, & is still the case in the £2 £2 or £5 £5 DC games I play in at Luton & elsewhere. It's just like "leave the guy his taxi fare home". I suppose you have to be careful in what company you do it, best to just do it when amongst friends & regulars I guess. It was standard in most of the Vegas cash games I played this & last year, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: October 01, 2012, 03:32:35 PM »

it surely must hurt you bb/100

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: October 01, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »

It almost certainly improves it in the longterm.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: October 01, 2012, 03:42:05 PM »

I don't believe recreational players - that's 99% of us - bother about that sort of thing Patrick. It cuts both ways, too. Especially in my case......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: October 01, 2012, 04:26:27 PM »

i personally think its OK a group of mates that travel together play together get staked from same backer ...why not!

long live"Team Eureka"
just IMO of course

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: October 01, 2012, 04:30:15 PM »

All imo of course.

The Hendon Mob?

A young lawyer joins a prestigious law firm only to discover it has a sister dark side.

(Sorry. Had to)

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10589 on: October 01, 2012, 04:34:54 PM »

All imo of course.

The Hendon Mob?

A young lawyer joins a prestigious law firm only to discover it has a sister dark side.

(Sorry. Had to)

Klingons on the starboard bow.
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 704 705 [706] 707 708 709 710 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: