blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:12:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 986 987 988 989 [990] 991 992 993 994 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2563105 times)
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #14835 on: April 21, 2013, 01:37:11 PM »

Perfectly natural to feel different being bust  out of a competition that has been so life changing and important to you in the past.I felt the same when I bust out of the Incredible Hundred. 
            With regards to RastaFish, I was on a cash table near his comp table  on what seems like a week ago. RastaFish was very short and had got it all in behind to a set of sevens I think. He hit runner runner to make a straight and proclaimed with almost religious fervour ' THE FISH IS ALIVE,THE FISH IS ALIVE. YOU CANNOT KILL THE FISH '. His self belief is phenomenal as is his  emotional feel of where he is in a hand ( except walking into the sevens obv )  In live poker he must be one of the best at this aspect of the game.Making big calls,great lay downs and as is always necessary getting the odd bit of luck. I have no doubt that the force of his personality may also prevent some players getting involved in hands or continuing with them so that must give an additional edge. As far as DTD is concerned he is ' Box Office '.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14836 on: April 21, 2013, 01:40:04 PM »

Perfectly natural to feel different being bust  out of a competition that has been so life changing and important to you in the past.I felt the same when I bust out of the Incredible Hundred. 

Gold.

I totally agree with you about Rastafish, I don't underestimate him at all. But my god, he runs hotter than the sun.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #14837 on: April 21, 2013, 02:04:24 PM »

oiiioiiiiiiiiiiii might be joining you for a stint in the booth in between the PLO game later, should be fun Smiley

what you doing now? meeting pete at DTD for a bit of chinese if you fancy joining?

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14838 on: April 21, 2013, 02:05:26 PM »

oiiioiiiiiiiiiiii might be joining you for a stint in the booth in between the PLO game later, should be fun Smiley

what you doing now? meeting pete at DTD for a bit of chinese if you fancy joining?

I don't really know how to play. Play small?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #14839 on: April 21, 2013, 02:07:18 PM »

Hey mate, thanks for the gl yesterday, turned out to be a massive bok. I finally got it in better than flipping and lost! You looked like you needed a cuddle. I wish I'd sent a massage girl over for one now. I imagine I looked similarly upset, whilst doing my goodbye rounds LilDave asked if I was alright. I tried to hide the absolute devastation but you know.

Rasta certainly doesn't follow the maths, he made a call against me on the turn with 4d5d on t66K when he backdoors a flush draw. It wasn't for chunks but he rivered a pair and beat my  ace high. He was on a roll at that point having span up from 15k or so. I think he had about 30k yday at one point too!

Gl getting those two to play small. Heard they are fish though 

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #14840 on: April 21, 2013, 02:08:06 PM »

We've taken the conversation to FB chat just so people dont think i'm ignorant Cheesy

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #14841 on: April 21, 2013, 06:25:34 PM »

I believe that if you're a professional poker player there's almost no excuse to not play as much as you can during these weekends. If your heads screwed on and you're focussed, going home at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon is just not an option. These weekends are what we wait many weeks for. Work hard, play hard. I've played between 10 and 16 hours every day this week.

Really impressed how you keep this up after hour after without it affecting your play at all, something I definitely hope to emulate
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14842 on: April 22, 2013, 02:26:56 PM »

Always predict that these big weekends or big trips are going to "make or break" the month, or in some cases like Vegas, the roll...But often it turns out like it did this week - meh, nothing to write home about. Bricked tournaments, won on cash. Won 2 seats to the MC anyway and didn't use one, so actually made money despite not cashing. Big win friday, small losses saturday and last night.

I'm basically breakeven for the month at the moment, which considering bricking Marbella and Monte Carlo, two pretty big events, that's OK.

Had a brilliant time doing the MC FT commentary yesterday with Tighty and bits with lil dave and eso kral. Especially when Dave was in there, it was really good. And the standard of the FT was really high, especially 4/5 handed when I started - some really high quality stuff which always makes doing the commentary so much better, rather than just keeping having to say things like

"Hmm I'm not sure I'd chose to limp 33 here with 9 big blinds..."

It was nice to be put to the test as well, as when a more accomplished player like Trigg does something I wouldn't do or don't quite understand, it's hard to comment on sometimes, because I wouldn't do it, but since Trigg has done it then he's probably correct, so I have to work out on the spot WHY it's correct! A great challenge and I hope I didn't butcher it too much, really love commentating actually. Would love to do bigger stuff in the future.

Going to the charity night with Melissa tonight and I think a few of the boys are going too and many DTD regs I assume, so that should be fun. Looking ahead to the next tournament, going to play IPT San Remo I think next week I think. It's the grand final, a 2k buyin. Will be selling on blonde as per so contact me if you want to lock up a slice. Haven't decided on markup yet. Will be <1.35 though Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
LIONRAMPANT

View Profile
« Reply #14843 on: April 22, 2013, 02:40:46 PM »

Always predict that these big weekends or big trips are going to "make or break" the month, or in some cases like Vegas, the roll...But often it turns out like it did this week - meh, nothing to write home about. Bricked tournaments, won on cash. Won 2 seats to the MC anyway and didn't use one, so actually made money despite not cashing. Big win friday, small losses saturday and last night.

I'm basically breakeven for the month at the moment, which considering bricking Marbella and Monte Carlo, two pretty big events, that's OK.

Had a brilliant time doing the MC FT commentary yesterday with Tighty and bits with lil dave and eso kral. Especially when Dave was in there, it was really good. And the standard of the FT was really high, especially 4/5 handed when I started - some really high quality stuff which always makes doing the commentary so much better, rather than just keeping having to say things like

It was nice to be put to the test as well, as when a more accomplished player like Trigg does something I wouldn't do or don't quite understand, it's hard to comment on sometimes, because I wouldn't do it, but since Trigg has done it then he's probably correct, so I have to work out on the spot WHY it's correct! A great challenge and I hope I didn't butcher it too much, really love commentating actually. Would love to do bigger stuff in the future.

Going to the charity night with Melissa tonight and I think a few of the boys are going too and many DTD regs I assume, so that should be fun. Looking ahead to the next tournament, going to play IPT San Remo I think next week I think. It's the grand final, a 2k buyin. Will be selling on blonde as per so contact me if you want to lock up a slice. Haven't decided on markup yet. Will be <1.35 though Cheesy

reserve me a few percentiles mr goulder
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #14844 on: April 22, 2013, 02:49:16 PM »

When going through master chess games, there come points where I really don't understand why a player has chosen a certain move. It might be because another move looked really obvious or because the one they chose looks obviously wrong.

When the other guy doesn't do what you expected in response, it almost proves you've missed something, so you have to go back and reason it out.

Live commentary in a game like chess is nigh-on impossible for that reason. The guys at the board are generally better than the commentators and they are concentrating harder; they are In the Zone.

Compare that to golf or snooker or football. 9 times out of 10, even a casual passer-by knows what's going on by whether the ball goes into the hole/pocket/goal.

The best commentators discuss ideas more generally and instruct the viewer as to what they should be looking for: "This one breaks sharply left to right", "He needs to avoid the kiss on the blue when he swings round the angles, here", "The centre half needs to get tighter to his man and can't let him turn". The viewer then can spot these things if and when they happen and no one looks daft!

Have you done much coaching, Alex? Was that part of your stable stuff?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14845 on: April 22, 2013, 03:03:10 PM »

Yes, the two relate pretty closely I think.

Have you done much coaching, Alex? Was that part of your stable stuff?

Oh Tal. This was before your time. Without doubt the most epic scandal of Prose from a Poshboy so far...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #14846 on: April 22, 2013, 04:14:06 PM »

Not buying unless its >1.7, gotta get value brossss
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #14847 on: April 22, 2013, 04:18:31 PM »

Level?
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #14848 on: April 22, 2013, 05:59:00 PM »

Level?

Pretty standard to see a flop

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #14849 on: April 22, 2013, 06:02:37 PM »

Level?

Pretty standard to see a flop

9 bigs on a final table where average is 30+ the only way I'm seeing a flop is if someone calls my raise...

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 ... 986 987 988 989 [990] 991 992 993 994 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: