blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:02:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 1019 1020 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2563092 times)
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15225 on: May 13, 2013, 05:48:41 AM »

Wp Alex on tonights binkage.

Sorry for the music u have no idea about re-visit, but..........

Didn't you tell me once that uve never heard of Pearl Jam or Nirvana??

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15226 on: May 13, 2013, 06:03:51 AM »

Today was mad. I played the ISPT, got off to a great start almost doubling my stack in the first level with a couple of coolers. Then I got in 65k with KK vs QQ on a Jxx board and he turned a Q leaving me with 15k. I grinded that to 30k.

At about 5pm a 2/5 game opened. Very strange. Usually 2/5 doesn't get started till much later. The lineup looked amazing. No regs in sight. The break was coming up so I made sure I got a seat and played during the break. It was amazing, and I decided my EV in this game would be way higher than my EV in the comp. I ran back to my seat in the comp a few times and played a few hands, but really I should've just forfeited my stack and stayed in the cash game it was too good.

I ended up getting the worst of both worlds unfortunately. I ran terrible in the cash, losing 2 huge allin pots with big hands. OK one was Ten high and one was a pair of threes, but I had huge equity in both Cheesy

I played the comp for a bit more (a mistake) and grinded a bowl for ages then busted and focussed on the cash. Lost some more then the game got gradually worse and worse and I quit before midnight, which has to be a first for a Saturday night.

Lost about 2.5k, pretty much what I'd won last night. Had two great days before then though so overall it's been a great week.

Of course, it's not over yet, and the most fun day is yet to come. SUNDAY. And not any ordinary sunday, SCOOP SUNDAY. Let's run like I sometimes do.

Is the bolded bit above really true?  If we assume that you have say a 1.5 edge in the ISPT then your stack is worth about what you paid for it ie £270.  Surely you would have to have an absolutely huge edge to make it worth effectively forfeiting a stack that size.  Assuming you play something like 25 hands per hour and you play for 10 hours  you are going to have to win at something like a 20bb/100 rate to just break even.  Was the game really that good?

my live winrates in cash games are like 40bb/100 (and thats not unusual).

by sitting out for an hour i wouldve blinded off 6k, so not much really. 

1/9 on the .fr warmup FT with 10k ftw Smiley had a winning sunday already with a 3rd and a 7th in decent stuff Smiley

Don't want to seem like I am trolling but if your live cash winrate is so high why would you ever play a tournament.  Even playing £1-2 during a deepstack must be hugely more financially attractive than playing a deepstack for example and the variance is smaller.  The opportunity cost of playing tournaments seems massive.

Nw I know you're not trolling. I have pretty good data on cash games at different limits and a pretty good idea of my hourly in certain games.

midweek £1/1, midweek £1/2, festival weekend 1/2, festival weekend 2/5, reggy 2/5 that sort of thing. Tournament hourly is very much a rough guess, but isn't less than cash game hourly generally.

You don't get good cash games starting till 8/9/10pm on a deepstack weekend, so not playing the tournament which starts at 2pm isnt an option, even if the hourly was twice a big.

This weekend was a very exceptional case, where a 2/5 randomly started at 5pm that was good enough for me to sitout of the tournament for a level or two.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
LIONRAMPANT

View Profile
« Reply #15227 on: May 13, 2013, 11:22:18 AM »

CONGRATS ON THE SCORES
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #15228 on: May 13, 2013, 11:29:39 AM »

Today was mad. I played the ISPT, got off to a great start almost doubling my stack in the first level with a couple of coolers. Then I got in 65k with KK vs QQ on a Jxx board and he turned a Q leaving me with 15k. I grinded that to 30k.

At about 5pm a 2/5 game opened. Very strange. Usually 2/5 doesn't get started till much later. The lineup looked amazing. No regs in sight. The break was coming up so I made sure I got a seat and played during the break. It was amazing, and I decided my EV in this game would be way higher than my EV in the comp. I ran back to my seat in the comp a few times and played a few hands, but really I should've just forfeited my stack and stayed in the cash game it was too good.

I ended up getting the worst of both worlds unfortunately. I ran terrible in the cash, losing 2 huge allin pots with big hands. OK one was Ten high and one was a pair of threes, but I had huge equity in both Cheesy

I played the comp for a bit more (a mistake) and grinded a bowl for ages then busted and focussed on the cash. Lost some more then the game got gradually worse and worse and I quit before midnight, which has to be a first for a Saturday night.

Lost about 2.5k, pretty much what I'd won last night. Had two great days before then though so overall it's been a great week.

Of course, it's not over yet, and the most fun day is yet to come. SUNDAY. And not any ordinary sunday, SCOOP SUNDAY. Let's run like I sometimes do.

Is the bolded bit above really true?  If we assume that you have say a 1.5 edge in the ISPT then your stack is worth about what you paid for it ie £270.  Surely you would have to have an absolutely huge edge to make it worth effectively forfeiting a stack that size.  Assuming you play something like 25 hands per hour and you play for 10 hours  you are going to have to win at something like a 20bb/100 rate to just break even.  Was the game really that good?

my live winrates in cash games are like 40bb/100 (and thats not unusual).

by sitting out for an hour i wouldve blinded off 6k, so not much really. 

1/9 on the .fr warmup FT with 10k ftw Smiley had a winning sunday already with a 3rd and a 7th in decent stuff Smiley

Don't want to seem like I am trolling but if your live cash winrate is so high why would you ever play a tournament.  Even playing £1-2 during a deepstack must be hugely more financially attractive than playing a deepstack for example and the variance is smaller.  The opportunity cost of playing tournaments seems massive.

Nw I know you're not trolling. I have pretty good data on cash games at different limits and a pretty good idea of my hourly in certain games.

midweek £1/1, midweek £1/2, festival weekend 1/2, festival weekend 2/5, reggy 2/5 that sort of thing. Tournament hourly is very much a rough guess, but isn't less than cash game hourly generally.

You don't get good cash games starting till 8/9/10pm on a deepstack weekend, so not playing the tournament which starts at 2pm isnt an option, even if the hourly was twice a big.

This weekend was a very exceptional case, where a 2/5 randomly started at 5pm that was good enough for me to sitout of the tournament for a level or two.

because i cant win 75k playing cash in a weekend

fyp   thumbs up

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #15229 on: May 13, 2013, 12:04:41 PM »

A6o seemed like a big jam vs this opp. Wp mate, he was hilarious to watch, the Q4o peel was lol

yeh for sure, was a mistake. knew as soon as i did it. he was peeling 100% though and A6o plays so bad postflop so just thought 17bbs, in your eye. but since he c/folded flops so often and could check down and win at showdown on a bunch of boards then r/folding was defo the best play.
Mistake seems harsh cos +Cev surely. But min/fold prob greater and lower variance best as you nows. Nice to get the score anyway and you seemed to crush the table from when I saw from ~8 down.

Get some hu lessons off Stato 

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #15230 on: May 13, 2013, 12:18:01 PM »

Great results last night, well played mate!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #15231 on: May 13, 2013, 01:19:21 PM »

Wp Alex on tonights binkage.

Sorry for the music u have no idea about re-visit, but..........

Didn't you tell me once that uve never heard of Pearl Jam or Nirvana??

Jeez don't you start!

Mr G, the Dean Martin fella is the one on the right that doesn't look like Frank Sinatra.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #15232 on: May 13, 2013, 01:20:46 PM »

Wow sick, saw facebook and came for updates, wp.

Didn't realise you were still in the ISPT thought you'd busted in a cooler early and that's why the 2/5 was going?! Any idea who/why it started as early as it did?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15233 on: May 13, 2013, 01:21:27 PM »

Gtfo tal.

Maria, stop it please.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #15234 on: May 13, 2013, 01:32:50 PM »

You're heads up in the WSOP main event. You are going to spend eight hours going back and forth in an epic encounter, but you will come out victorious (#natch).

Who would you most want to be on the other side of the table and why?

You can pick an 'easy' opponent (in before "You, Tal"), a talkative one (in before "You, Tal"), a pretty one (sigh...), a big named player, a celebrity outside poker, a friend, anyone, living or dead.

The carte is, as they say, blanche.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15235 on: May 13, 2013, 01:48:59 PM »

You're heads up in the WSOP main event. You are going to spend eight hours going back and forth in an epic encounter, but you will come out victorious (#natch).

Who would you most want to be on the other side of the table and why?

You can pick an 'easy' opponent (in before "You, Tal"), a talkative one (in before "You, Tal"), a pretty one (sigh...), a big named player, a celebrity outside poker, a friend, anyone, living or dead.

The carte is, as they say, blanche.

I'd go for someone dead.

The older I get, the better I was.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #15236 on: May 13, 2013, 01:53:36 PM »

Bit dull blinding someone away for eight hours tho.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15237 on: May 13, 2013, 02:05:24 PM »

Bit dull blinding someone away for eight hours tho.

Clock!

The older I get, the better I was.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15238 on: May 13, 2013, 03:31:16 PM »

How's this for trying to get into popular culture

Click to see full-size image.

Ignore the Les Mis

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #15239 on: May 13, 2013, 03:35:51 PM »

If you don't love Sherlock, literally never speaking to you again.

This isn't one of those Andy Townsend "literally" jobs ("The winger is literally on fire right now") either.

Fine choice.

Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 1019 1020 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: