blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:51:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 1036 1037 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2561285 times)
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #15480 on: May 31, 2013, 10:30:20 AM »

Did he come 2nd?

3rd
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15481 on: May 31, 2013, 04:45:03 PM »

What's your Vegas plan Alex?

Good question.

I decided that I wanted to play a decent mixture of cash and tournaments, and I didn't want really high variance selection of tournaments that would mean a losing trip was very likely. I also didn't want to do a package of tournaments like last year, I wanted to be able to pick and choose what I felt like playing each day. And also I thought having 100% of myself in a $1k is better than having 50% of myself in a $2k.

So I'm going to focus on the Venetians - play a lot of the $600 and $1100s for all of myself, and throw in perhaps 2 or 3 bracelet events $1k or $1500.

Whilst playing 2/5 and 5/10 cash for some lower variance hopefully #wages to pay for it all.

And the Main Event to finish off with.

But my plan is flexible, depending on ISPT and how June goes, just gonna play it by ear really.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15482 on: May 31, 2013, 08:44:55 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trachtenberg_system

That method of doing arithmetic that doesn't involve tables.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #15483 on: June 01, 2013, 03:30:28 AM »

Good question.

I decided that I wanted to play a decent mixture of cash and tournaments, and I didn't want really high variance selection of tournaments that would mean a losing trip was very likely. I also didn't want to do a package of tournaments like last year, I wanted to be able to pick and choose what I felt like playing each day. And also I thought having 100% of myself in a $1k is better than having 50% of myself in a $2k.

So I'm going to focus on the Venetians - play a lot of the $600 and $1100s for all of myself, and throw in perhaps 2 or 3 bracelet events $1k or $1500.

Whilst playing 2/5 and 5/10 cash for some lower variance hopefully #wages to pay for it all.

And the Main Event to finish off with.

But my plan is flexible, depending on ISPT and how June goes, just gonna play it by ear really.

I have pretty similar plan's, see ya at the tables Wink. Vegas todayyyy!!
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #15484 on: June 01, 2013, 05:35:10 AM »

I thought having 100% of myself in a $1k is better than having 50% of myself in a $2k.

Why is this? The field is probably slightly tougher, but presumably if you're selling, you're selling at markup; so say you sell enough in the $2k at markup that you only pay $1k, well then you're getting more than 50%, thus increasing your ROI.

LMK if you'd be interested in a 0.5% or 1% swap on the main.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15485 on: June 01, 2013, 05:44:30 AM »

This whole thing is kinda tiresome.

OH MY GOD YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THIS SONG

OH MY GOD YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS FILM

OH MY GOD YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THIS TV SHOW

Firstly, it's pretty old news that I never watched TV as a child. So everybodies continued surprise when it comes out that I haven't seen x is a bit zzzz.

Secondly, all the comments like "omg what sort of childhood did you have" are also pretty zzz.

Everybody does roughly what they want to do in life don't they? TV was never a part of my life except for watching sport, so I was never exposed to all those things - I did other things instead. And thus don't feel like I missed out on anything because I did the things that made me happy instead. I appreciate that it's weird for everybody else, but I don't feel like I had a deprived childhood or anything lol, quite the opposite. I really don't feel any worse off.

As for now, TV is on the in the house a lot (mainly Indian Cricket though ) and I'm still pretty over it. There's almost nothing I watch regularly. In fact, there is nothing. I wouldn't miss the TV if it were gone.

Any good TV show I just buy the boxsets of and watch at my leisure. I go to the cinema a lot and enjoy that.

I could reel off loads of things that I do / have done that almost nobody else does / will have done. But I'm not going to as obviously they are sad things to do and nobody feels any worse off for having not done them either.

Just caught up, Superb rant. I really hope you were genuinely angry when you typed this, and not just pretending to be.

Good luck at Wemberly today.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
LIONRAMPANT

View Profile
« Reply #15486 on: June 01, 2013, 11:56:17 AM »

Firstly, it's pretty old news that I never watched TV as a child. So everybodies continued surprise when it comes out that I haven't seen x is a bit zzzz.

Secondly, all the comments like "omg what sort of childhood did you have" are also pretty zzz.

Everybody does roughly what they want to do in life don't they? TV was never a part of my life except for watching sport, so I was never exposed to all those things - I did other things instead. And thus don't feel like I missed out on anything because I did the things that made me happy instead. I appreciate that it's weird for everybody else, but I don't feel like I had a deprived childhood or anything lol, quite the opposite. I really don't feel any worse off.

As for now, TV is on the in the house a lot (mainly Indian Cricket though ) and I'm still pretty over it. There's almost nothing I watch regularly. In fact, there is nothing. I wouldn't miss the TV if it were gone.

Any good TV show I just buy the boxsets of and watch at my leisure. I go to the cinema a lot and enjoy that.

I could reel off loads of things that I do / have done that almost nobody else does / will have done. But I'm not going to as obviously they are sad things to do and nobody feels any worse off for having not done them either.

Just caught up, Superb rant. I really hope you were genuinely angry when you typed this, and not just pretending to be.

+1
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15487 on: June 01, 2013, 12:25:36 PM »

Must admit, pretty fkn cool being here right now. Very excited.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #15488 on: June 01, 2013, 12:33:51 PM »

I remember my first time in Vegas.... definitely very exciting!
BMoney

View Profile
« Reply #15489 on: June 01, 2013, 12:45:30 PM »

I also missed this rant.

Good luck to you and your crew in the ISPT!
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #15490 on: June 01, 2013, 03:40:32 PM »

good post, i much prefer your blog when its not people telling you t.v shows and talking about music they like for pages on end
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15491 on: June 01, 2013, 03:46:51 PM »

I also missed this rant.

Oh MY GOD YOU MISSED THIS RANT?

What have you been doing with your life ffs, have you been living in a box?

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15492 on: June 01, 2013, 03:58:29 PM »

I also missed this rant.

Oh MY GOD YOU MISSED THIS RANT?

What have you been doing with your life ffs, have you been living in a box?

Cheesy
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15493 on: June 01, 2013, 04:15:22 PM »

Grinding 8k in the ispt! Gone terribly!

20bb spin now...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #15494 on: June 01, 2013, 04:31:33 PM »

Can u re enter if u bust?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 1036 1037 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: