blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:14:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1231 1232 1233 1234 [1235] 1236 1237 1238 1239 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2543811 times)
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18510 on: September 01, 2015, 06:15:30 PM »

Sorry about this, but I need to rant...

I went into my bank today and spoke to the manager again. All I wanted to know was the exact date on which my account was due to close. So I would know which direct debits were going to go through and which weren't and could act accordingly (i.e. prioritise which companies to phone up first etc).

She told me she was unable to help me, it was not her responsibility since it was not a 'branch issue' etc. She could do nothing more than I could do.

I just kept begging her to please help me and explained how important it was etc. It's not like I wanted some top secret information... I just wanted to know the date! Then finally I told her that I was intending to make a formal complaint to Natwest (and then the financial ombudsman if I was not satisfied) and that part of my complaint would mention the help (or lack of) that I had received from her as well as her rude and dismissive attitude. She then said that she would make some phone calls and try to find out for me, and that she would call me this afternoon.

I got the call at 4.20pm. She told me that my account was due to be closed tonight. So turns out she could find out after all, despite her repeated insistence that she couldn't! I mean, I don't want to put her in a damned if she does damned if she doesn't spot, by being annoyed that she did actually find the information out. But still... she told me 8 weeks ago that she could not/would not find out that information for me, then tried to tell me again today that she could not/would not. Yet it turns out that she was able to. If she had just tried to actually help me when I first went in to see her at the start of July there would have been no issue.

Well, at least I knew now. However, there was still the issue of what would happen to my money. I did not want to be left with no money, having to wait for a cheque to be sent out to me (no doubt after 21 working days of 'processing time' etc) and I told her I would come down now and withdraw my balance in cash. "Well, we are closing in five minutes," she said.

I rushed out to the car and drove into town as quickly as possible (I'm only a couple of minutes away from my bank). Not fast enough. When I got to the bank the doors were shut. AAAGGGHHH!! Well at least I could put my card in the hole-in-the-wall and draw out some cash... but no, as soon as I entered my PIN number a receipt spat out of the machine saying 'card retained please contact your branch'. AAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH!

Then the door opened and someone came out! He was a Natwest employee from Sheffield who was working in the Retford branch that day. I asked him if the bank manager was still in there and he confirmed she was. I briefly explained the situation and he said he would try to get her to open up. He called the number he had for her, no response. We rang the doorbell on the front door of the bank. No answer. He stayed with me for quite a while, trying to get me in, but finally he had to go. However, he gave me his business card and said to call or email him directly tomorrow if I was not able to sort it and he would try to help me. What a legend, he did not have to do that. It doesn't take much to at least partially restore my faith in people. Off he went with my thanks.

I decided I'd wait outside the bank until the manager left for the day. It was pouring with rain and I had rushed out without a coat, so I ended up soaked to the skin. After 15 minutes and no sign of her coming out I had had enough, fucked it off and went home. Wet and cold and beyond steaming.

If Natwest had PLANNED to fuck me over, they could not have done it any better.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18511 on: September 01, 2015, 06:32:46 PM »

lol if someone see's Stu today can they poke him with a stick to send him over the edge, I sense his eye is already twitching big time.

Sorry mate couldn't resist  Tongue
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #18512 on: September 01, 2015, 06:48:49 PM »

Alex is going to go nuts when he sees that his diary has become a direct debit discussion!!

Might even be as bad as the whole "how do you like your steak" rant all over again.......

I've heard Alex is having a lovely journey through the British countryside on the train today. I can't imagine after such a cheap and on time experience that he would ever need to rant.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18513 on: September 01, 2015, 06:50:55 PM »

lol if someone see's Stu today can they poke him with a stick to send him over the edge, I sense his eye is already twitching big time.

Lol, you're not wrong pal. In fact, I'm so close to losing it that all it would take now is a misplaced apostrophe to tip me over the edge. Oh, wait... AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18514 on: September 01, 2015, 07:08:37 PM »

Lol, you're not wrong pal. In fact, I'm so close to losing it that all it would take now is a misplaced apostrophe to tip me over the edge. Oh, wait... AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!

Go on Woodsey, keep prodding. The Honeybadger has met his match, at last. NWOLB ftw.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18515 on: September 01, 2015, 07:10:29 PM »

Go on Woodsey, keep proddin'g. The Honeybadger has met his match, at last. NWOLB ftw.

FYP

The older I get, the better I was.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18516 on: September 01, 2015, 07:54:47 PM »

No ranting here boys. I'm all zen.

£81 for a single train London to Nottingham? Here's my card!

Change at Derby? Sure, it's a lovely place

Delay for an hour at Luton? Marvellous views and delightful man talking on his phone next to me.

No 3G signal and £4 for wifi? No problem!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18517 on: September 01, 2015, 08:03:55 PM »

Iv never had a problem with Natwest Smiley

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18518 on: September 01, 2015, 08:06:02 PM »

Iv never had a problem with Natwest Smiley

Victoria and Adam both recommended them actually before I read of Stus woes.

Seem alright on balance, will probs go with them anyway.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18519 on: September 01, 2015, 09:48:28 PM »

If we took a pool of which bank we would burn and which bank we would keep I bet itd all be pretty even lol they all are clearly massive ****'s so just pick one and hope they don't decide to hate on you!

I say burn Lloyds,  keep NW.  My next to burn would be HSBC but loads of ppl tell me they are great.

It's like getting an STD nothing you can do but hope that some cream will fix it.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18520 on: September 01, 2015, 10:43:29 PM »

Barclays are absolute tossers too fwiw
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #18521 on: September 01, 2015, 10:45:06 PM »

How many people who have had current accounts closed down pay for the  banks monthly 'premium' bank account around £10-£15 a month?  Does this make any difference to them not closing your account?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #18522 on: September 01, 2015, 10:57:46 PM »

I had Hsbc closed- was paying for advantage account or whatever was called and had been upgraded to Premier after wcoop 2010- when still premier when was closed. They said too many transactions and was being run like a business account - Barclays been fine to me, gave me premier rewards after Wpt, although I guess the lack of transactions on the incoming column at moment help it look relatively normal account.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #18523 on: September 01, 2015, 10:58:28 PM »

Think it was called Hsbc plus at time and was £7/8 a month or so?
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18524 on: September 01, 2015, 11:10:29 PM »

Yeah my Natwest account was a premium account; cost like £15 a month or something. I thought it might help the account get kept open, but obviously it didn't.

I've finally calmed down now.
Pages: 1 ... 1231 1232 1233 1234 [1235] 1236 1237 1238 1239 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: