blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:40:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1250 1251 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 1257 1258 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2562669 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18795 on: January 13, 2016, 11:24:29 PM »

Incurred maximum losses on FPL this week lol.

6 points between my 7 players. Two didn't start out of the blue (Gomis started last 12 games, Shaqiri similar and injured last minute). Cech and Bellerin penalty points for conceding 2. Everyone else did fk all. Even lost Costa vs Aguero because Costa got a yellow lol. Spurs conceding in last 10 minutes cost me 400 as Dier clean sheet wins me a £200 HU vs Vish who remarkably did almost as bad as me.

All good fun though. Some amazing games, MOTD in 5 mins will be class, goals galore!

Jonny Chapman cleaned up with a Defo hatrick, PVA goal and a few assists.

Total profit -£450
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 11:27:16 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #18796 on: January 13, 2016, 11:42:04 PM »

The PVA will be an own goal as was going 3 yards wide.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18797 on: January 13, 2016, 11:50:14 PM »

The PVA will be an own goal as was going 3 yards wide.

FPL doesn't change points whatever dubious goals panel decides, stay as they are after game.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #18798 on: January 13, 2016, 11:59:22 PM »

Who won?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18799 on: January 14, 2016, 06:36:56 PM »

My team this weekend:

Joe Hart
Danny Simpson
Bacary Sagna
Theo Walcott
Raheem Sterling
Sergio Aguero
Anthony Martial

Gone big on City, in 10 man winner takes all reckon its OK strat. Liking my chances much better than in other weeks.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #18800 on: January 14, 2016, 06:41:15 PM »

Any montage this year bud?

Also as I didn't watch all the cash game the other night who were the winners/losers? Did you get out of it?  (I watched about 90 mins so you were on the road to recovery)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:43:49 PM by Eso Kral » Logged

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18801 on: January 14, 2016, 08:02:16 PM »

Any montage this year bud?

Also as I didn't watch all the cash game the other night who were the winners/losers? Did you get out of it?  (I watched about 90 mins so you were on the road to recovery)

Not done one yet but will do it eventually I'm sure.

I broke even in the end, was grateful after a nightmare start. Jimmy was the big winner, I was so close to doing what would've been my biggest ever bluff on him. Look back on stream and he had 2nd nut boat, so glad I didn't Tongue

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18802 on: January 16, 2016, 05:57:47 AM »

OK a bit of a poker-ey post...

I've been knocking on the door of a monster losing session for a while. Been getting in a lot of big holes, but I keep climbing out. Getting a reputation for it in fact - Comeback Alex.

On Thursday night, I went down a lot early, as is standard lately, with a set<set cooler and a few others. I then flop quads and man check calls, check calls, the leads river (that moment when he reaches for pink chips and you have quads ahhhh), and I win a nice pot and I'm almost level.

Maybe I am that guy...

Then I get KK...

Raise, get 3bet, one caller, I 4bet to £950, both call.

Get a J53r flop. Caller checks, I decide to check, this guy just jams £5k into ~£3k. Folds to me, I think for a while, but vs this guy just can't fold. The river pairs the J and I think I'm done for now.

"Four Jacks" he proudly announces.

"It's good, nice hand".

"I want to see you cards. Show me your cards. Dealer, can I see that hand? Floor! I want to see that hand"

I'm just sat there dumbfounded, bit in shock about the hand and about what I'm hearing. I don't even care about him seeing my hand, I'm not embarrassed or wanting to hide the information or anything, I'm just like wtf?!

I pass him my cards and say "If it really means that much to you", and he looks at them and shows everyone.

I bite my tongue. A lot. A few years ago, I wouldn't have been able to resist...

Then the drunk guy at the table, who's sat with the minimum and annoying everyone, asks me "Who won that one?"

The guy is stacking his huge pile of chips, I'm sat there without a penny, in bits Cheesy

"Who does it fkn look like won?"!!!

So there it was. My biggest ever losing session. And a pretty nasty hand / aftermath but I'm happy with how I dealt with it.

The next day I thought I'll take it easy and maybe not play big. I played 1/2, a really small 1/2 at that. And obviously I ran like god lol. AA vs KK on AKx, hit two gut shots, flopped a set vs KK etc etc. It's always nice, but I won under £1k when if this was last nights game, it would be £10k+! Always the way eh?

Anyway, friday nights are too good to just play 1/2, so I got stuck in again. And got stuck in, again.

£5k down it's looking bleak, the game is about to break. I'm kinda steaming at this point. This is a lot of money to lose in 2 days.

Then boom, flush over flush to break even for the session.

Comeback Alex has come back.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18803 on: January 16, 2016, 09:00:03 AM »

Great story, Mr Comeback Posh Kid.

What a nasty piece of work Mr Quad Jacks must be. Wonder what he is like in real life?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #18804 on: January 16, 2016, 11:23:28 AM »

Mr Quad Jacks sounds like a dick lol! I do think taking these kind of digs and it not effecting your game is a good trait to have. Was this part of the live stream?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18805 on: January 16, 2016, 06:12:00 PM »

Aguero came good, puts me in good shape for all my side bets, but no-one can realistically catch Stato in the group draft, who had a dream team with Kane, Eriksen and top scorer Bournemouth defender Charlie Daniels, scoring a penalty, getting an assist and a clean sheet for 18 points.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18806 on: January 17, 2016, 07:47:41 AM »

Mr Quad Jacks came back tonight.

So there's a part two to the story.

Need to sleep now though...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #18807 on: January 17, 2016, 10:29:15 AM »

Mr Quad Jacks came back tonight.

So there's a part two to the story.

Need to sleep now though...

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #18808 on: January 17, 2016, 10:56:37 AM »

What a tease! Hope you wake up before midday!!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18809 on: January 17, 2016, 02:12:14 PM »

So this guy is a real piece of work. I don't write derogatory things about people on the internet very often these days, so hopefully you can take my word for it. Or ask anyone that's ever been in his presence for more than 5 minutes. Even him walking into the cardroom yesterday put me on tilt reminding me about the other night.

I was in a fragile state of mind anyway. Was having another one of those sessions. I had a really brutal run of cards, and again, found myself in a near £5k hole. But then things turned around, I had a huge cooler in my favour and was only £1.5k down. I was pretty happy with that, but when I saw this guy, I was praying he didn't join the table tbh, because losing another big pot to him would've just been too much to take lol. He played in the feeder game, but everyone knew the games would merge sooner or later and the tension in the room was high. The cardroom supervisor was there the other night, she was the one that had to make the ruling to make me show my hand and she knows the problems this guy can cause, and really didn't want a scene!

At 415am, the games merge, and the place closes at 5am, so there's limited time for fireworks. However, in the very first hand, he posts the £40 double straddle and I find . I raise and he's the only caller.

two spades

He leads for £200. Then he starts complaining about the volume of the boxing, saying he wanted it muted, which a few people have got bets on, everyone was into it and enjoying it. I said I wanted the volume on, and others agreed. He made a fuss and asked the floor to turn it down.

I raise to £700. He calls. A very lively room has suddenly gone dead quiet.

He checks. I bet £1100. He calls. You could hear a pin drop.

He checks. He has £2500ish left. I'm allin.

He tanks. Usually I'd be happy about the tank. But with this guy, I was 100% sure he would slowroll me if he somehow made a straight with A5dd 56dd. So the whole tank I was sweating. And I was just thinking about how incredible this would be if he called, and how horrific it would be (perhaps nut low moment in my poker career lol) if he called and won. I know I had basically the nuts, but this was still going through my mind - Is he slowrolling me?

He said "I call".

I turned my hand over and he slid his cards over the line. I couldn't help it. Take your own medicine and all that.

"FLOOR! I want to see that hand"

"No no I can muck"

"You did EXACTLY this to me two nights ago!"

"No no this is different"

I let it go obv and he walked out of the room and I fist pumped the air and everyone was loving it.

I think I will christen that my greatest ever moment in poker!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 1250 1251 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 1257 1258 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: