blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:52:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1291 1292 1293 1294 [1295] 1296 1297 1298 1299 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2543684 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #19410 on: September 16, 2019, 11:33:57 PM »

Glad to hear all is going so well for you, mate!

Hopefully see you on a PokerGO stream before you do sack it off, though

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #19411 on: September 17, 2019, 09:54:36 AM »

What a life!
Seems only yesterday that you were a fresh faced University drop out poker pro wannabe.

Well done Alex. Enjoy the family years, they vanish all too quickly if you let your attention slide.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #19412 on: September 17, 2019, 04:16:57 PM »

This might seem a little silly, but if 10/25 is tedious as hell, and the way you describe it is making me think it will die soon due to lack of recs, is it worth looking at dropping down to 5/10 or whatever the level below is? Surely a higher winrate there is better in the long run?

Not worded this well at all I think but hopefully you'll understand the question I'm trying to ask rather than what I think it looks like I'm asking...

A fair question indeed!

The next smallest is 2/5 at the Vic and it doesn't run all that often. It's not an option for me. If the time comes where I should move that far down, it's time to move on and focus on something new. Not to sniff at those stakes, far from it, but I always want to feel like I'm progressing in life rather than regressing.

There is a weekly  2/5/10 or 1/2/4/8/16 game that runs most Fridays in Milton Keynes
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #19413 on: September 18, 2019, 06:20:09 AM »

Boss man! Completed it. Congrats <3

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #19414 on: September 18, 2019, 11:38:33 AM »

This might seem a little silly, but if 10/25 is tedious as hell, and the way you describe it is making me think it will die soon due to lack of recs, is it worth looking at dropping down to 5/10 or whatever the level below is? Surely a higher winrate there is better in the long run?

Not worded this well at all I think but hopefully you'll understand the question I'm trying to ask rather than what I think it looks like I'm asking...

A fair question indeed!

The next smallest is 2/5 at the Vic and it doesn't run all that often. It's not an option for me. If the time comes where I should move that far down, it's time to move on and focus on something new. Not to sniff at those stakes, far from it, but I always want to feel like I'm progressing in life rather than regressing.

No, that's very fair. I was expecting the next level down to be 5/10, how do people make the jump without the level in between? Makes me think that game might not run much longer as there is no new blood able to make their way up the stakes.

I doubt in London you could have a high enough win rate at 2/5 to be able to make anything near what you would see at 10/25 anyway!

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19415 on: January 01, 2020, 01:17:51 PM »

2019 wasn't going to be my biggest winning year but I did have a chance of having my first ever "perfect" year - winning every month. October looked like spoiling it but a miracle last day kept the streak going. November was pain sailing. December started off amazing but then I had my biggest ever losing day, followed by some reasonable losses and I went into Christmas feeling a bit down in the dumps. It had become a real goal of mine. A little silly and meaningless I know but still, it meant something to me. I had 3 sessions left before flying to Riga and games between Christmas and NY are usually very small / don't last long / short handed / don't run at all. £22.5k was the target. Almost impossible.

Games turned out to be reasonable and I won £2k the first night, then £10k the second night. So I needed to win £10.5k on the final night. And it was a Sunday...So I decided to play a couple of tournaments on my phone whilst playing live. My first and last online "session" of 2019 Cheesy Stars had a $1k winter series 6max and a $1k version of the supersonic - perfect for my purposes. Would be nice to rectify my shocking pokerstars graph too...

I know where you think this is going....and it would've been classic to get out of it that way. But alas no, the stars graph continues to veer off a cliff.

I won £2k in the poker and then the end of night flips began. I've always included all flips in my poker results as they're 0ev and that's the simplest way.

The flips we do these days have been carefully tweaked to provide the biggest sweat and enjoyment Tongue

9 cards each, 4 pots. The first pot is STUD, and then there's 3 flops and the other 3 pots are OMAHA. Stomaha we call it (clever). £200/player each pot, single, double, treble bonuses available for making houses/quads/straght flush, or for only having ace high/ king high/ queen high in the stud. Double bonus for scooping the omaha, quadruple for scooping the whole lot. Got it? Try it. It's incredibly fun.

We do 3 flips, and in the 3rd one I scoop all 3 omaha pots with Runner runner quads, jacks full, and another quads. It was ridic.

I count my stack...I'm up £10.7k! CLASSIC! BUT I lost $2k online! WHY did I play online?!?! So I'm £1300ish short. It's 6am. My flight to Riga is 3pm. Find a 1/2 game somewhere??? Nope. Bed.

Not giving up though and I take my laptop to Riga and Viktorija and I open a bottle of wine, and do a bit of online punting together. She's worried for me though. "You're so close, don't go chasing the last little bit. The online tournaments don't really count anyway...". Not having that. Tried some spin n goes on party and won a few hundred. Decided to switch to cash, deposited on stars and sat in a 10/20 game. The waiting list suddenly is in double digits.

Call a 3bet with 99. Flop is Q86, I check/call. Turn 7, check check. River 7, I check he bets, I jam. I thought this pot would get me over the line if he folded. But if I was called I'd be 2.5k off or something. Heart was genuinely pounding. He folded. I sat out. Did some sums. Still down $200. Fuuuuu. Lost my seat in the 10/20.

Joined a 5/10. Started losing a few small ones...then...Aces on the button...utg opens, I 3bet, he 4bets, I call. This could be it...AK9 flop.... he bets I call. Am very excited. Think I need the full double up though...Turn 9. He bets I call. River blank. He jams I call. He has KK. "RACK!" I did it by a whisker. £180 up for the month. BOOM!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19416 on: January 01, 2020, 01:23:30 PM »

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19417 on: January 01, 2020, 01:23:48 PM »

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19418 on: January 01, 2020, 01:35:07 PM »

Happy New Year everyone!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19419 on: January 01, 2020, 01:51:52 PM »

Fantastic edge of the seat story of the getting out stakes, & an utterly beautiful photo.

Happy New Year to Alex, Viktoria (sp?) & your very beautiful baby. (Sorry, I've forgotten his/her name & make).  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19420 on: January 01, 2020, 02:07:54 PM »

Amazing photo Alex.

Happy new year.

The older I get, the better I was.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #19421 on: January 01, 2020, 02:15:04 PM »

Fabulous photo Alex. HNY to you all.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #19422 on: January 01, 2020, 02:16:11 PM »

Great pic, Alex.

HNY to you and family, mate!

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19423 on: January 01, 2020, 02:47:24 PM »

Happy new year.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19424 on: January 01, 2020, 03:06:50 PM »

You're speaking about the bar chart pic right guys?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 1291 1292 1293 1294 [1295] 1296 1297 1298 1299 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: