blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:32:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143211 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2011, 10:17:17 PM »

Who is the kid in your forum pic pls Chompy ?

Lee Tomlin i think. See his sig line.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2011, 10:24:12 PM »

Yep, Waz, heard that rumour, the one involving Fergie and a certain busty star of IACGMOOH. Don't believe it meself but who knows?

Boydy poor again tonight, McCann had a rare good game, CMS different gear as usual. Mixed reception for Joe Lewis. Don't blame him one bit myself. Sit behind the worst defence in the league or go to the Premiership? Hmm.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2011, 10:33:35 PM »

Yep, Waz, heard that rumour, the one involving Fergie and a certain busty star of IACGMOOH. Don't believe it meself but who knows?
Boydy poor again tonight, McCann had a rare good game, CMS different gear as usual. Mixed reception for Joe Lewis. Don't blame him one bit myself. Sit behind the worst defence in the league or go to the Premiership? Hmm.

Believe!

Carpe Diem
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2011, 11:01:23 AM »

If Fergie Jnr had fancied something blonde, with little or no talent and a large pair of tits, wouldn't he have just gone out and signed Scott Rendell? Umm...

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »

It's a mystery.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Xpressman

NEW ADVENTURE..... WITH THE GILLS !!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2011, 11:41:14 PM »

Good read Chomps - Keep up the good Work

Best football Moment ?

Your Personal Goals or 2011 ?

Most Annoying Things about The G ?

Best things about The G ?

Your thoughts of the Most Improved players at the G ?

What do you think is the best form of betting on Betfair, I personally think lower league football is as i feel i have a edge as regards to the Teams and whats going on in the Camps of the clubs ?

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2011, 07:38:11 AM »

Another blow to racing, and goes to show that you should indeed leave AW racing well enough alone.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/g-a-huffer-jeff-pearce-lingfield-a-w-pearce-and-huffer-warned-off-in-sabre-light-inquiry/807476/top/

In the RP itsself it states that his Mrs might now apply for a license (as she did before when he got sent to jail after a car crash), surely that should be denied?

And what do you think of Johnson's comments in the RP today saying "He's done nothing wrong at all but is being made out to be the black sheep" and "I haven't done one thing wrong to British racing and that's the truth". Does he just not get it?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »

Another blow to racing, and goes to show that you should indeed leave AW racing well enough alone.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/g-a-huffer-jeff-pearce-lingfield-a-w-pearce-and-huffer-warned-off-in-sabre-light-inquiry/807476/top/

In the RP itsself it states that his Mrs might now apply for a license (as she did before when he got sent to jail after a car crash), surely that should be denied?

And what do you think of Johnson's comments in the RP today saying "He's done nothing wrong at all but is being made out to be the black sheep" and "I haven't done one thing wrong to British racing and that's the truth". Does he just not get it?

Why is this a blow to racing?

Throwing cheats out of the game seems like a pretty good thing to me.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2011, 11:31:51 AM »

Drink driver Jeff Pearce is no worse than a lot of them tbf. The AW is absolute filth. Stunning how many gambles get landed.
Yesterday was typical. I'm not saying it was a non-jigger but Fenton would have been pulled in in a lot of countries for the ride he gave that newcomer in the Lingfield maiden. Absolutely no way that shouldn't have finished second.

Not sure this story will make any difference to how racing is perceived by the man in the street. Most of them believe it's bent and it's gonna take a lot to change that view. Not sure it's possible in truth.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 11:34:05 AM by Chompy » Logged

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2011, 11:39:53 AM »

It makes people like me (the casual racegoer/punter) less likely to go to a meeting as it's another story that makes you doubt the honesty of the sport.
Sadly one bad egg tarnishes the reputation for all.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2011, 11:49:24 AM »

It makes people like me (the casual racegoer/punter) less likely to go to a meeting as it's another story that makes you doubt the honesty of the sport.

Really?

I think most casual punters believe racing is totally bent/fixed and that was part of the mystique/intrigue of the sport.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 12:00:55 PM by The Camel » Logged

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2011, 12:05:59 PM »

Really?

I think most casual punters believe racing was totally bent/fixed and that was part of the mystique/intrigue of the sport.

I think your comment shows the difference between a real punter and a casual punter.  No intrigue in the thought that you have not got a fair result for me and to be honest the more you learn about the sport the worse it seems, for you it does seem you except it as part of the game as it were.

I find I tend to follow, one stable or one jockey or one horse in the hope that it is straight up - as long as that stable etc is "honest" it seems easier to stomach and let all the bad press wash past.

The sport in general does seem to have a huge acceptance of bad/dodgy practice - was it always as bad before the creation of the exchanges?

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2011, 12:08:42 PM »

Pretty much this.

Especially the AW is terrible for it (though non-triers are not limited to that).

Everyone wants decent racing for decent prizemoney and the only way to do that is to get sponsors to stump up the cash, for people to go to the racecourse and people to have a bet on it.
The AW is already terrible with prizemoney and full of shitty horses that, frankly, should never even see a race course.
 Lingfield 's AW meetings have more staff and bookies working than there are punters (if you believe the stories in the RP and from the on track bookies), this is not going to get better if stories like this keep clogging up the papers.
Especially after the, alleged, "boost" that McCoy winning SPOTY has given racing and great champions like Kauto, Denman, Sea The Stars, etc that get a few lines in the pages with a positive mention..one story like this sets racing back ages and just makes it dirty again.

MrsB quite enjoys going to the races, I am sure she would love to see a horse like Kauto run (though her fav was Exotic Dancer, sigh). When she hears me talking about Kauto or the GC she understands that something special is going on and makes her want to go to a race course (Meydan was a great start last year but even if it's Ripon or Hamilton..actually both lovely courses..she quite enjoys it for a while), but stories like this put her off racing.

Racing doesn't want people visiting that think racing is all bent and " isn't that fascinating?" That 's not how you attract the majority of people. Racing should be a clean sport, people should not have to question it's integrity everytime their horse doesn't win. They should be able to treat it as a nice clean family day out (ussually with a concert afterwards these days) and maybe, just maybe, they get to see a special horse that they can follow for the rest of it's career.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2011, 12:22:33 PM »

Really?

I think most casual punters believe racing was totally bent/fixed and that was part of the mystique/intrigue of the sport.

I think your comment shows the difference between a real punter and a casual punter.  No intrigue in the thought that you have not got a fair result for me and to be honest the more you learn about the sport the worse it seems, for you it does seem you except it as part of the game as it were.

I find I tend to follow, one stable or one jockey or one horse in the hope that it is straight up - as long as that stable etc is "honest" it seems easier to stomach and let all the bad press wash past.

The sport in general does seem to have a huge acceptance of bad/dodgy practice - was it always as bad before the creation of the exchanges?

I'd be surprised if you were in a majority.

Alot of casual punters have read a Dick Francis novel or two and followed the Fallon trial in the papers and think skullduggery is all part of the game.

I would guess stories like Howard Johnson's neglect of his horses or Katie Walsh brutal treatment of her mount when winning at Cheltenham last season (it brought tears to my eyes even) are far more damaging to racing than a band of cheats caught cheating.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2011, 12:32:47 PM »

I think you might be working on different definitions of 'casual' punter

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341