blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:32:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143308 times)
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 03, 2011, 03:03:48 PM »

Price is king too. Doesnt matter what it is everything has its price and a change in price SHOULD force people to turn it from a lay to back and visa versa
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 03, 2011, 03:05:47 PM »

I agree Mr Camel. No good to me to have IR pointers printed in the trade paper but I was salaried by them, so if they asked me I'd have done it of course.

Also agree about the calibre of tipsters now compared to five years ago. Spotlight team is going to be stretched beyond belief when evening racing starts. I wish them gl sir, they are going to need it. They'll have no life for four months.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
doglayer

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 03, 2011, 03:06:09 PM »

The only rpost journo who does mention prices and what is a back or lay is pullien and unsurprisingly he is prob the only one every year who actually makes it pay.  Also why 95% of days recommendation no bet because the prices have no edge.  The funny thing is the guy is constantly slated on forums (esp betfair) for never giving a bet out.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 03, 2011, 03:10:23 PM »

Kevin Pullein used to work for the Outlook when I was in the Compton office about ten years ago. Only came into the office on press days, so never got to speak to him much, but he lives and breathes football stats. Knows the game that's for sure.

Don't know how he pans out as a punter though. Just hope he doesn't start tipping Posh home games to have one team or other score four before the end of the season. Am loving this edge. Another six point something available v Soton on Saturday.

Price is defo king in tipstering. Myself and Matt Williams used to put max lay prices up in Trading Post. Now that was an interesting column to write a few years ago. Don't even read it now.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 03, 2011, 03:15:26 PM »

The only rpost journo who does mention prices and what is a back or lay is pullien and unsurprisingly he is prob the only one every year who actually makes it pay.  Also why 95% of days recommendation no bet because the prices have no edge.  The funny thing is the guy is constantly slated on forums (esp betfair) for never giving a bet out.

I was talking about the Racing guys only.

I think the sports section is alot better than the horses, Pullein is very good, Langdon is top notch and Palmer, while not in their class as a tipster is a brilliant writer.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 03, 2011, 03:19:56 PM »

Pullein is very good.  For a while I would have paid good money for him to shut up given how many angles he has alerted the layers to over the years.  Does Paul Stansfield still write spotlights for the post??  He used to odds compile for a firm I worked for and was very good.

doglayer

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 03, 2011, 03:20:07 PM »

langdon and palmer are truely shocking.  Like every other (bar pullien) sports writer they have to put up a bet.  Some of their stuff is just insane.  Tipping up first goal scorer yankees for example!  Sure there was a thread on the bf forum stating the annual losses to a £10 or £100 unit stake and both were so far behind it was untrue.  

When you think they are tipping prices which have probably gone in the shops on a thurs/Fri for the weekends games and they have access to so much info from all the firms PR guys who they are in bed with for advertising reasons in the Post it is quite shocking you would loss a fortune following them in.  Then again their wages are paid by the firms advertising budgets so it doesnt make much sense tipping up winners.  hence the first goal scorer yankee selections.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:22:01 PM by doglayer » Logged
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 03, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »

langdon and palmer are truely shocking.  Like every other (bar pullien) sports writer they have to put up a bet.  Some of their stuff is just insane.  Tipping up first goal scorer yankees for example!  Sure there was a thread on the bf forum stating the annual losses to a £10 or £100 unit stake and both were so far behind it was untrue.  

When you think they are tipping prices which have probably gone in the shops on a thurs/Fri for the weekends games and they have access to so much info from all the firms PR guys who they are in bed with for advertising reasons in the Post it is quite shocking you would loss a fortune following them in.  Then again their wages are paid by the firms advertising budgets so it doesnt make much sense tipping up winners.  hence the first goal scorer yankee selections.

Don't blame the writers for tipping up first g/scorer yankees or whatever, blame editor, they are only doing what they've been told to do.

doglayer

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 03, 2011, 03:30:04 PM »

Its the same as pricewise.  I am the first to admit i know nothing about horse racing but how many serious horse judges could make the same unit profit as pricewise does unit wise if they were given the pick of the prices on a friday lunchtime.  Obvious the reality of ever getting on at those prices makes it impossible to follow him and make any serious money.   I just think the guy is overrated and i am sure there are loads of judges out there who given the same circumstances could show a simliar 'paper' profit over a year.

Does anyone know if Segal actually wins at prices you could actually get on with? Rather than the year end profit figures which obviously include say a 50/1 winner which was 50's with tote or boyles and 40's everywhere else and goes off 20/1.  Given his figures would show a profit on that race at 50 units (ie 10 more than the general 40/1 available).
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 03, 2011, 03:34:57 PM »

Its the same as pricewise.  I am the first to admit i know nothing about horse racing but how many serious horse judges could make the same unit profit as pricewise does unit wise if they were given the pick of the prices on a friday lunchtime.  Obvious the reality of ever getting on at those prices makes it impossible to follow him and make any serious money.   I just think the guy is overrated and i am sure there are loads of judges out there who given the same circumstances could show a simliar 'paper' profit over a year.

Does anyone know if Segal actually wins at prices you could actually get on with? Rather than the year end profit figures which obviously include say a 50/1 winner which was 50's with tote or boyles and 40's everywhere else and goes off 20/1.  Given his figures would show a profit on that race at 50 units (ie 10 more than the general 40/1 available).

One of my best friends used to work with Segal before he moved to the RP.

My friend is mega shrewd and a big winner, and he still claims Segal is the best judge he's ever come across (my friend does not know Chompy obv!)

doglayer

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 03, 2011, 03:40:08 PM »

fair enough.  I am not disputing he isnt decent.  Just wonder how decent thats all. 
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 03, 2011, 04:06:13 PM »

Do you use Gruss?

Don't use Gruss or any other software.
A guy who played the £100 at Luton Circus the other day is an IR player in the Highgate Elitebet. We got chatting at the table, as you do.
I asked him if he used software. "Yup, Gruss, you?". "Er, nope, just type it manually. From home." They never believe me I swear. I am such a dinosaur when it comes to IR.
Tried software for a couple of weeks but can't get on with it at all. Of course, the premium charge was bought in by Betfair coz they have to do stuff their end to support software or some shit. But I don't use software and they still have 20% off me each week. Sure is fair.
There you go. First premium charge whinge took over a month. Quite proud of myself.

Blue Stratos or Brut 33?

Don't use software or aftershave. I'm an aftershave dinosaur obv.

Yeah and where do you get those sweaters from 8/13 says they arrive every Xmas

Sigh, time to admit it, the hoopy numbers were both gifts. Try to avoid clothes shopping at all costs. Probably go once a year when there's a hoop sale on. I'm a clothes shopping dinosaur also.

Drainydonk, wrote about jobs'n'shit earlier in the diaryear. You mean you haven't read it?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 04:10:07 PM by Chompy » Logged

doglayer

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 03, 2011, 04:13:12 PM »

views on the prem charge chompy?  Do you pay it every week/month without fail? 
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 03, 2011, 04:23:21 PM »

Have no choice unf. They take it every Wednesday lunchtime. No way round it.

Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 03, 2011, 04:54:59 PM »

Do you have a target that you aim to make each week/month or just go with whatever you make?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: