blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:41:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143242 times)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: March 14, 2011, 03:08:39 PM »

Sigh, good to know someone is doing all right out of Posh smashing them in.

Hill's go 11/1 that the mighty Posh put 4+ past Sheff Wed tomorrow night. This is a Sheff Wed team in name only. We're quite capable of getting another hatful now they have nothing to play for.

SKY BET

Sheff Wed / Posh

To Score 2+ Goals  evens/  11/10
To Score 3+ Goals  10/3 / 4/1
To Score 4+ Goals  11/1/  12/1
To Score 5+ Goals  33/1/  40/1

....and 7/4 on just the win looks good?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 03:18:31 PM by ripple11 » Logged
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 14, 2011, 03:29:57 PM »

Sigh, good to know someone is doing all right out of Posh smashing them in.

Hill's go 11/1 that the mighty Posh put 4+ past Sheff Wed tomorrow night. This is a Sheff Wed team in name only. We're quite capable of getting another hatful now they have nothing to play for.

SKY BET

Sheff Wed / Posh

To Score 2+ Goals  evens/  11/10
To Score 3+ Goals  10/3 / 4/1
To Score 4+ Goals  11/1/  12/1
To Score 5+ Goals  33/1/  40/1

....and 7/4 on just the win looks good?

oooo that 33/1 looks juicy to me.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 14, 2011, 05:50:26 PM »

40-1 even better Camel! Gl getting on though. Hill's will at least take a nifty or so probably.

Don't normally bother with Cheltenham previews but a good one on CH415 at the moment. Matt Williams actually has opinions worth listening to. Says what he thinks.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 14, 2011, 05:53:52 PM »

40-1 even better Camel! Gl getting on though. Hill's will at least take a nifty or so probably.

Don't normally bother with Cheltenham previews but a good one on CH415 at the moment. Matt Williams actually has opinions worth listening to. Says what he thinks.

Sigh @ skybet offering me 58p at 40/1.

The pm me if you've got a skybet acct is obviously to try and get on this.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 14, 2011, 06:01:03 PM »

LOLZ @ Skybet. Rang them two weekends ago. Had already got my main bet on Poshies scoring 4+ against Exeter with Hill's at 5/1. Walked into the shop with a wedge. He rang to check. They took half of what I wanted. Fair play to them.

Nico had spotted Skybet were 14/1 about 5+ goals. Rang to try and get £50 on. Was offered £10.70. I said "OK, sigh, just a tenner then please". He said "Hang on, it's now 12/1". Me trying to put a nifty on and getting refused had MOVED the market!

Kinda reassuring that nothing has changed in fixed odds world. Not just Skybet obv. Those Victor Chandler ads on TV at the moment are awesome. The ones where he says "I'll take that bet" to anything that's requested.

Anyone want to ring and try for £500 on Azerbaijan to win the Eurovision. See what Vic's boys come back with?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 14, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »

LOLZ @ Skybet. Rang them two weekends ago. Had already got my main bet on Poshies scoring 4+ against Exeter with Hill's at 5/1. Walked into the shop with a wedge. He rang to check. They took half of what I wanted. Fair play to them.

Nico had spotted Skybet were 14/1 about 5+ goals. Rang to try and get £50 on. Was offered £10.70. I said "OK, sigh, just a tenner then please". He said "Hang on, it's now 12/1". Me trying to put a nifty on and getting refused had MOVED the market!

Kinda reassuring that nothing has changed in fixed odds world. Not just Skybet obv. Those Victor Chandler ads on TV at the moment are awesome. The ones where he says "I'll take that bet" to anything that's requested.

Anyone want to ring and try for £500 on Azerbaijan to win the Eurovision. See what Vic's boys come back with?

I was talking to someone in the fixed odds industry over the weekend.

He is convinced there will be no such things as bookmakers and betting shops in 10 years time.

They will all turn into exchanges or simply close down.

On course bookmaking will probably survive, but that's it according to him.

He gave the example of Tesco and Sainsburys Direct.

When the internet was the big new thing, they both resisted offering the service claiming it will kill their core business, but look at them now.. pushing their online business harder than their shops.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 14, 2011, 07:02:15 PM »

I reckon there wouldn't be any betting shops left now were it not for fixed odds betting terminals.

The Hill's in town used to be an independent. Till about a year ago. There's also a Ladbrokes and one other in Neots. The one other used to be an independent, Reg Allen, until about three years ago.

Only been in Ladbrokes once since it moved to its new location. Not been in Reggies, as was, since it was taken over. Been in Hill's twice the last couple of weeks, but not for years before that.

Went down at lunchtime tdoay to have a few quid at 11-1 on 4+ v Sheff Wed tomorrow night, including a fiver for the painter who's been round my gaff the past week and a bit. There were six people in there. An old fella who's spent every day in the bookies since before I was born. Everyone knows him as 'Dad'.

Then there were three young dudes round one FOBT and two asian women round the other. What a depressing scene imo. And then they jumped off at steepledowns (virtual racing). Urgh.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 14, 2011, 11:28:48 PM »

Mackail Smith going to Norwich on loan with a view to a 2million+ permanent deal.

Views?

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 14, 2011, 11:33:44 PM »

astonished posh would loan him out. superb player, a class above at league 1 level, will fit into the championship nicely

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 14, 2011, 11:34:45 PM »

Mackail Smith going to Norwich on loan with a view to a 2million+ permanent deal.

Views?

FML.

Will Skybet let me void all those bets on 5+ goals tomorrow?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 14, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »

Why let him go before the playoffs? Good signing to play off holt. Pearson wanted him badly for us last season

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 14, 2011, 11:40:20 PM »

Dion Dublin has just reported on Late Kickoff that CMS will be a Norwich player by next Monday. Loan deal to permenant for a fee up to £3m...

Would be very very very surprised

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 14, 2011, 11:41:29 PM »

He just tweeted this:

Just guna put all the animals to bed now then getting myself ready for bed and having an early one ready for the game tomoro! Nite Tweeps!

Doesn't sound like a player just about to move.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 14, 2011, 11:43:46 PM »

He just tweeted this:

Just guna put all the animals to bed now then getting myself ready for bed and having an early one ready for the game tomoro! Nite Tweeps!

Doesn't sound like a player just about to move.

As Chompy said above, can't see Dion making this up on TV if there wasn't something really in it. He will probably playing for Posh tomorrow though!

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 14, 2011, 11:44:19 PM »

I reckon there wouldn't be any betting shops left now were it not for fixed odds betting terminals.

Totally this.  When I first started working for Ladbrokes I worked in their most profitable shop and in a good month it could make quarter of a million.  I had a beer with the old manager of it when I was back in the UK recently and he packed it in to bet for a living a couple of years ago and told me at the time he left they were taking almost half that through the machines and it had had a much bigger effect (in percentage terms) on the bottom line of other shops.  You know what it is like these days if you walk into a shop and ask for a couple of hundred on something that is real they looka t you like you are something they have scraped off your shoe.....funnily enough I have occasionally said to them "I will be on the machines" whilst they call trading and I have got through if it wasn't too dirty.  (£1 blackjack playing perfect strategy FTW)

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: