blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:49:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143309 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: April 03, 2011, 07:42:06 PM »

Meh, maybe he just needs a move then. He's never lived up to the hype at London Road. Made a good few mistakes and I'd be hard pushed to think of a recent match in which his performance changed the result.

Yesterday was fun. Had over double the average going into the 150-300 level in the deepy...and was gone within six hands.

Doubled up a shorty, AK < AQ

Then QQ < 1010 and QQ < AA in successive hands.

Third of 31 in the $100 turbo = $465. Boom! Went out with 1010 < 88 on a 9 10 J K 7 board. All in pre obv. $814 up top too!

Venetian night tourney lasted 10 mins, AK < AA.

Switched to Caesar's. 55 < QQ on a Q5223 board. about 15mins in. Second stack went on flopped two pair v flush draw. Awesome.

Wandered down the strip and drank quite a lot of Guinness in O'Shea's. Played the $45 12-runner affair. Had over half the chips in play four handed but then JJ < JQ v second stack. Out soon after.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 03, 2011, 08:05:11 PM »

Meh, maybe he just needs a move then. He's never lived up to the hype at London Road. Made a good few mistakes and I'd be hard pushed to think of a recent match in which his performance changed the result.

Yesterday was fun. Had over double the average going into the 150-300 level in the deepy...and was gone within six hands.

Doubled up a shorty, AK < AQ

Then QQ < 1010 and QQ < AA in successive hands.

Third of 31 in the $100 turbo = $465. Boom! Went out with 1010 < 88 on a 9 10 J K 7 board. All in pre obv. $814 up top too!

Venetian night tourney lasted 10 mins, AK < AA.

Switched to Caesar's. 55 < QQ on a Q5223 board. about 15mins in. Second stack went on flopped two pair v flush draw. Awesome.

Wandered down the strip and drank quite a lot of Guinness in O'Shea's. Played the $45 12-runner affair. Had over half the chips in play four handed but then JJ < JQ v second stack. Out soon after.

You didn't manage to get an 11 way chop in the $45 comp?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 04, 2011, 11:58:50 AM »

Chomps, I do admire your consistency      .....         you're shit no matter which side of the Atlantic you play.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 04, 2011, 06:15:14 PM »

Tytytyty, all that was missing was a "So anyway, I had aces..." story.

So, anyway, there are three limpers at 200-400 and I look down at aces on the button...

Virgin Atlantic Taxi!

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 05, 2011, 10:53:50 PM »

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1659588/foo-fighters-back-and-forth-doc-april-screenings.jhtml

Some things are worth missing the first round of a US Masters for. Not many things. But this is definitely one of them. Dave Grohl IS. He Just IS.

Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 07, 2011, 06:50:17 PM »

I didn't even know u were in Vegas chomps
Any deep stack binkage to report?
DrainPipe

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 09, 2011, 05:01:28 PM »

charlton have finally played out a goaless league game vs oldham. it's been 76 matches since our last one back in 2009, also against oldham. guess that speaks volumes about the way they play

leaves your lot with a free run at the record, guess you're on about the 67 mark now

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 10, 2011, 11:51:10 AM »

Woop woop!

Page 110 of today's Racing Post..."Crawley are 12-1 with Victor Chandler to win League Two next season..."

Couldn't find the price on VC website so rang them. Didn't realise they no longer take bets over the phone. Weird decision imo. Anyway, got put through to a soccoer odds compiler.

"Can I help sir?"
"Yep, on page 110 of today's paper it says you're 12-1 Crawley for League Two next season"
"Are we sir? News to me. Can I ring you back?"

Half an hour later.

"Yes sir, we are indeed 12-1"
"How much will you lay me?"
"We're quite happy to take a significant amount"
"Will you do me such and such at 12-1?"
"Sorry, the most we can take is £500"
"LOLZ. OK."

MASSIVE price imo. They'll probably have slashed it now but Sid James still go 10-1.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 11:57:38 AM by Chompy » Logged

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 10, 2011, 12:04:57 PM »

How do you think Joe Lewis feels this morning?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 10, 2011, 12:16:29 PM »

Shit, I would imagine, which is pretty much what he's been most of the season. Cost us four points in the last week and any chance of automatic promotion, although I doubt we'd have beaten Soton to second anyway.

Would like to see him dropped and Paul Jones brought in. Doubt it'll happen though.

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 10, 2011, 12:44:13 PM »

Shit, I would imagine, which is pretty much what he's been most of the season. Cost us four points in the last week and any chance of automatic promotion, although I doubt we'd have beaten Soton to second anyway.

Would like to see him dropped and Paul Jones brought in. Doubt it'll happen though.

He was pretty good yesterday, even saved a pen @ 0-1 on 84 minutes. Think he was your only player to get a touch in the second half.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 10, 2011, 12:54:16 PM »

Penalty was a gimme really. Mate of mine at the game said we tore Udders apart first half and the second half was quite even. Guessing somewhere in between the two match reports might be accurate? Either way, see you at Old Trafford sir.

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 10, 2011, 01:10:14 PM »

Penalty was a gimme really. Mate of mine at the game said we tore Udders apart first half and the second half was quite even. Guessing somewhere in between the two match reports might be accurate? Either way, see you at Old Trafford sir.

Would be some game that, hope it happens.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 13, 2011, 04:08:07 PM »

Victor Chandler now 6/1 about Creepy Crawley winning League Two next season. Stan James also cut them, from 10/1 to 13/2.

There's only rubbish coming down from League One and I'd be very surprised if they're bigger than 5/1 come the summer.

Shame I only got a monkey on but better than a kick in the teeth.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 13, 2011, 04:09:29 PM »

Brighton to go up again next year pls Chompy? A price?

Gather there is a lot of squad investment going in over the summer, with a view to going up again in their new ground

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: