blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:59:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143260 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: April 16, 2011, 01:39:45 PM »

This sound about right?

Ping i15 irons, 5 through pitching wedge - £480
Ping i15 hybrid - £115
Ping G15 driver - £209

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 16, 2011, 07:01:21 PM »

Will be up for a midweek daytime round.

Hawk

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 16, 2011, 07:10:36 PM »

This sound about right?

Ping i15 irons, 5 through pitching wedge - £480
Ping i15 hybrid - £115
Ping G15 driver - £209

You should be able to haggle to pay this at most

Ping i15 5 -PW should be £399
i15 hybrid £115
G15 Driver should be £179

"Golf is a game that can't be won, only played"

"Look into their eyes, shake their hand, pat their back, and wish them luck, but I am thinking, 'I am going to bury you"
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 16, 2011, 09:26:27 PM »

That's all I'm gonna be playing. Think that's a Friday fourball sorted at Mowsbury then. Tighty, Pelham plus caddy, Darvin Moon and myself.

Hawk, you have PM...

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Hawk

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 16, 2011, 10:01:59 PM »

Have replied. not sure if once or twice as comp crashed sending first one

"Golf is a game that can't be won, only played"

"Look into their eyes, shake their hand, pat their back, and wish them luck, but I am thinking, 'I am going to bury you"
moonandback

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 17, 2011, 12:31:03 PM »

you should devote twice as much practice to your short game than your long game. Standing by a green chipping ball after ball in different ways will do you wonders.

agree with this 1000% hitting the ball is fun duffing chips and 4 putting will put you on tilt like nothing else though and as the old saying goes a good putter is a match for anyone and a bad putter is a match for no-one.

its better that i have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 18, 2011, 04:46:34 AM »

you should devote twice as much practice to your short game than your long game. Standing by a green chipping ball after ball in different ways will do you wonders.

agree with this 1000% hitting the ball is fun duffing chips and 4 putting will put you on tilt like nothing else though and as the old saying goes a good putter is a match for anyone and a bad putter is a match for no-one.

Personally disagree with this, if you're a beginner or getting back into it. Hitting the ball well is by far the most satisfying bit of the game, and the most difficult if you're getting going. Also if you can hit the ball ok most of the time it saves you a bit of embarrassment in front of others and means that you don't get in others' way, as well as avoiding you appearing to be another guy with all the gear and no idea. No point having a shiny new full set of Pings if you're too inconsistent for there to be a reliable difference between a 6 and 7 iron for example. I'd rather be hitting greens in two and then three putting than taking three or four to get on the green in the first place, even if I did still make a five. Obviously if you get to the stage where you want to find shots to get into single figures or break 90 or whatever, then yes, the short game becomes crucial.

Also just imo, try not to get caught up in the whole equipment fetish thing... So many people seem to think the latest shiniest clubs will help them when of course really they're just not very good or have huge technical flaws, and the hype behind the new stuff is almost all bullshit anyway. And people telling you about the selection of drivers they have in their garage is so boring (even by the standards of golfers' conversations).

Edit: just seen you said that you used to play quite a lot so probably don't need my shit advice. Good luck with it anyway.

Don't spose anyone here plays in south London/Surrey area..?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:49:35 AM by Moskvich » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 18, 2011, 07:45:23 AM »

That's all I'm gonna be playing. Think that's a Friday fourball sorted at Mowsbury then. Tighty, Pelham plus caddy, Darvin Moon and myself.

Hawk, you have PM...

I am now even more tempted to get back to playing golf - a round with Chompy would be something else.

Not sure what Golf Club would accept him as a Member, but Flushy managed Membership at Royal West Sussex, & so anything is possible. Then again, standards in the Fens are low.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 18, 2011, 09:28:03 AM »

My teach reckons Ping ftw.

Six irons, a hybrid club to replace 3 and 4 irons, and a mo-fo driver what costs £200.

With the bag and trolley and bits'n'bobs, about a bag of sand for the lot. Sound about right? Best off buying from the golf club or elsewhere.

www.golfbidder.co.uk well worth a look.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 18, 2011, 03:34:07 PM »

Hawk, you have PM...

I am now even more tempted to get back to playing golf - a round with Chompy would be something else.

Not sure what Golf Club would accept him as a Member, but Flushy managed Membership at Royal West Sussex, & so anything is possible. Then again, standards in the Fens are low.

A round with Chompy..daytime telly cert imo....  featuring chompy with assorted guests, strolling round a council municipal talking about whether vertical stripes really work, Peterborough away kits and how to raise fold Q 3 from UTG....

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 18, 2011, 03:39:12 PM »

Done already, sold it to CH865.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 18, 2011, 03:52:25 PM »

Done already, sold it to CH865.  Aljazeera

FYP

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #672 on: April 18, 2011, 04:00:10 PM »

Such a shame you don't actually live in the Fens - one thing we do have to offer is a huge amount of empty golf courses, and head to the coast for 3 or 4 of the best Links courses outside Scotland.

Come play Hunstanton or Brancaster for that more traditional golf experience.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
BPIL

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 21, 2011, 11:52:31 AM »

why does this thread never get updated???

anyone heading to luton over next few days

regards

the sicilian bpil
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 21, 2011, 12:23:48 PM »

Why is my name being scrolled across this post ? am i a victim of bank manager hate ?

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: