blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:23:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  McNitus Diaries: The Part Time Grinder
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: McNitus Diaries: The Part Time Grinder  (Read 69979 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2011, 10:17:25 AM »

Do you know how hard it is in Omaha to not flop a pair or a nut draw for 4 hours ffs
Lol @ that post being blown out of proportion. I wasn't that tilted at losing 5 buyins. I know the swings in Omaha are massive and I wasn't really tilted, just a bit frustrated.

You're not fooling anyone. You're a tilt monkey. Let it go.
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2011, 11:53:43 AM »

I was taking the piss out of alex taking the piss out of me.

Ilu Dave
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2011, 12:05:54 PM »

So many levels and so much love itt.
JK

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2011, 01:17:32 AM »

Absolutey loving life ATM. Had an awesome weekend a Ynot festival with girlfriend and her close friends. Theyre all really nice people and totally enjoyed it. Got very drunk trying a load of different local ciders. Nom.

Feeder headlined one of the nights we were there. They were fucking awesome. It started raining at the start of their set, while everyone else was huddled under an umbrella, I was out dancing around like a muppet in the rain. Was awesome! Beardyman also played just before Feeder. That guy is soooooo talented. Had an amazing set.

Got home and started playing PLO. Missed it alot, weirdly, as the last session I had I managed to do in 12 buyins. Iv had a really swingy session. Been up and down like mad. The downs, Im really glad to say, have come from me being unlucky and the ups from playing well. Really happy with how Iv played today. Who knows, the weekend could have been a spark into getting my head in gear!
JK

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2011, 11:54:50 PM »

Heres my graph after 6k hands. Enjoying playing, feel like Im doing ok, but obviously running a bit below EV. Hopefully I can pull the actual line up to the EV!
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2011, 08:54:24 AM »

That downswing looks like lots of fun.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2011, 01:25:17 PM »

joke stnd unfortunately, welcome to world of pot limited omaha buddy.

swingmcswingaments

JK

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »

That downswing looks like lots of fun.

That downswing looks like what I almost hung myself from the roof with Smiley
JK

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2011, 06:16:49 AM »

Lol@PLO. Im pretty sure all the regs think Im tez, though I suppose for people to think your good you have to win a pot at showdown!
JK

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2011, 10:36:40 PM »

A Trip Report?!

Been a long time since I was in a position to do a live TR. However, Iv left Gala now so Im officially allowed back into DTD. Right in time for the APAT!

By the time I realised I could play, I could only enter the PLO. Perfect really, seen as its the game Iv been playing none stop for the past month. Iv literally played no Hold'em for almost 2 months now. I feel comfortable at PLO, however, Iv not played any tournaments for a LOOOONG time, and none since Iv been able to play the game really, so this was to be a really good experience.

From 10k starting stack, I ran like a god in the first few levels. Won A234 double suited on K2356 vs KK for like 5k (bet 500 into 4k on the river to try and get him to bluff jam, he flatted, sigh). Had 88xx on J22, checks round, turned an 8, got 2 streets.

Then had AAQJ, guy limps UTG (has been playing EVERY hand), we pot it, get a call from the blinds. Comes A56 (wiiii), he checks, we bet 1.5k into 3k or so, hoping to get a capable guy behind to do something fun. He folds, UTG calls. Turn 8, not a bad card, as only gutshots get there. Theres 7k in there now and he has 8k, so decide to pot when he checks to me. I get snapped off by 459x. Sigh. River a 7 and we're up to the heady heights of 30k with a 12k average by the first break.

Made a few really good bluffs but only ever showed down the top end of my range from the start of the comp. Ran pretty well tbh. Then this hand occured (was pretty puke). An old guy gets moved to my direct left with quite a lot of chips. Now, looking at the guy, he doesnt seem like somene who has played a whole lot of PLO (of the older agegroup shall we say), so figure that hes ran pretty well and played a lot of hands. In the first 5 hands my suspicions are confirmed and hes played every one of them.

After we find out hes playing every 4, the following occurs. We open KJ88 double suited in the CO, he snap flats the button. V good aggro guy called Dave (Q8holds on here) peels. Comes 672 with 2 of our backdoor flushdraws. Dave checks, we cbet, mateyboy to our left calls and Dave folds. Turn comes a 9. Pretty much bingo for me to fire 3 bullets, as we block the nuts perfectly, and have a gutshot to the nuts. We bet 3/4 pot on the turn, matey snap flats. River 5 completes the 25679 board. Now obv our hand is just a bluff, but we have 2 of the blockers to the nuts and have fired 2, so figured betting 10k into 12k would get through. As soon as I reached for chips, mateyboy looks at me as if to say "Dont bet ffs, I wanna get to showdown". I reach for my stack and he snap reaches for his big chips. This is pretty much always weak, so decide to go with my gut and bet 10k. He sighs, sighs again, sighs a third time, then calls. "Your good", I tell him. He shows KK2x. I didnt even see his 4th card as I was too busy trying not to throw up. Sigh.

Spent a lot of time yo-yoing. Made a couple of big bluffs where my hand could easily be the nuts and they never have anything ever. Lost a 50k pot to put me on 80k with a 30k average, 30 left. Sigh. Ended up losing QQ97 double vs QJ53r. Nice.

Really frustrating comp, but overall, really really pleased with how I played. Bluffed at the right times and made some v good ones, and also got quite a few thin value bets. Just felt like I knew where I was at all points pretty much.

Hopefully the start of many!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2011, 01:20:24 PM »

A Trip Report?!

Been a long time since I was in a position to do a live TR. However, Iv left Gala now so Im officially allowed back into DTD. Right in time for the APAT!

By the time I realised I could play, I could only enter the PLO. Perfect really, seen as its the game Iv been playing none stop for the past month. Iv literally played no Hold'em for almost 2 months now. I feel comfortable at PLO, however, Iv not played any tournaments for a LOOOONG time, and none since Iv been able to play the game really, so this was to be a really good experience.

From 10k starting stack, I ran like a god in the first few levels. Won A234 double suited on K2356 vs KK for like 5k (bet 500 into 4k on the river to try and get him to bluff jam, he flatted, sigh). Had 88xx on J22, checks round, turned an 8, got 2 streets.

Then had AAQJ, guy limps UTG (has been playing EVERY hand), we pot it, get a call from the blinds. Comes A56 (wiiii), he checks, we bet 1.5k into 3k or so, hoping to get a capable guy behind to do something fun. He folds, UTG calls. Turn 8, not a bad card, as only gutshots get there. Theres 7k in there now and he has 8k, so decide to pot when he checks to me. I get snapped off by 459x. Sigh. River a 7 and we're up to the heady heights of 30k with a 12k average by the first break.

Made a few really good bluffs but only ever showed down the top end of my range from the start of the comp. Ran pretty well tbh. Then this hand occured (was pretty puke). An old guy gets moved to my direct left with quite a lot of chips. Now, looking at the guy, he doesnt seem like somene who has played a whole lot of PLO (of the older agegroup shall we say), so figure that hes ran pretty well and played a lot of hands. In the first 5 hands my suspicions are confirmed and hes played every one of them.

After we find out hes playing every 4, the following occurs. We open KJ88 double suited in the CO, he snap flats the button. V good aggro guy called Dave (Q8holds on here) peels. Comes 672 with 2 of our backdoor flushdraws. Dave checks, we cbet, mateyboy to our left calls and Dave folds. Turn comes a 9. Pretty much bingo for me to fire 3 bullets, as we block the nuts perfectly, and have a gutshot to the nuts. We bet 3/4 pot on the turn, matey snap flats. River 5 completes the 25679 board. Now obv our hand is just a bluff, but we have 2 of the blockers to the nuts and have fired 2, so figured betting 10k into 12k would get through. As soon as I reached for chips, mateyboy looks at me as if to say "Dont bet ffs, I wanna get to showdown". I reach for my stack and he snap reaches for his big chips. This is pretty much always weak, so decide to go with my gut and bet 10k. He sighs, sighs again, sighs a third time, then calls. "Your good", I tell him. He shows KK2x. I didnt even see his 4th card as I was too busy trying not to throw up. Sigh.

Spent a lot of time yo-yoing. Made a couple of big bluffs where my hand could easily be the nuts and they never have anything ever. Lost a 50k pot to put me on 80k with a 30k average, 30 left. Sigh. Ended up losing QQ97 double vs QJ53r. Nice.

Really frustrating comp, but overall, really really pleased with how I played. Bluffed at the right times and made some v good ones, and also got quite a few thin value bets. Just felt like I knew where I was at all points pretty much.

Hopefully the start of many!

You been chatting to Alex?.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2011, 01:32:46 PM »

This is so ridic how long this joke has gone on for!

I thought I was being quite respectful in describing someone as an elderly gentleman! Clearly way off the mark as I've had nonstop shit about it ever since!

What's the best way of describing a man in his 50s/60s/70s then please Tikay?

Age is very important in poker so needs to be relayed to gain the best insight. So I'd like to know for the future. Kthx

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
JK

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2011, 01:49:14 PM »

Pretty glad someone spotted that XD. Thought it was gonna get passed by!
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2011, 03:39:32 PM »

This is so ridic how long this joke has gone on for!

I thought I was being quite respectful in describing someone as an elderly gentleman! Clearly way off the mark as I've had nonstop shit about it ever since!

What's the best way of describing a man in his 50s/60s/70s then please Tikay?

Age is very important in poker so needs to be relayed to gain the best insight. So I'd like to know for the future. Kthx

Why?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2011, 03:44:58 PM »

You missed out the hand where you led with nut nut in a minraised pot. Wink

Good to finally see a trip report in this diary. Could be a fun hybrid between dealing experiences and playing experiences when Alea opens.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: