blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:05:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  McNitus Diaries: The Part Time Grinder
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: McNitus Diaries: The Part Time Grinder  (Read 69980 times)
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2011, 07:12:46 PM »

Iv put it up for discussion in my PLO group. Only spoke to one person has replied as of yet, but will also put it up in PHA too i think
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2011, 06:40:23 PM »

*nudge*
JK

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2011, 03:42:22 AM »

Im alive!

Im sat at home bored so thought Id do an update.

Since I last posted, I have transferred my mass rungood to 6max NLH. Started off playing 50NL, which I enjoy so much. Was crushing to start with, getting in alot of cockwaving contests with the regs (who were, for the most part, godawful). Was winning quite a bit and running really well. Alas, this never lasts. Iv started a pretty hard downswing and, as most of you can probably dettest to, am playing far from optimally because of it. Iv decided to take a bit of a break (the below paragraph is the icing on the cake for me here) to get my head back and hopefully start to crush again.

Saturday was the first decent live comp Iv played in quite a while. The £220 Sky Poker Tour 6 max comp was my absolute bread and butter. What more could I wish for? Iv been playing solely 6 max for the past month or so and now I get this gem of a tournament.
     First of all, I just want to say that, for the short time I was in, this is another gem of a tournament put on by DTD with, I assume, alot of feedback from Sky Poker. Obviously any 6 max comp with a 15k starting stack and a 40 minuite clock is going to be great though.
     I sat down for this and had a quick glance around the table and didnt recognise anybody. I wasnt really expecting to know many people in this tournament, but could see quite a few heroes spotted around the room in the form of Jakally, Julian Thew, CambridgeAlex, Paul Ho and a few others. Tikay took the mic for the thanks and we started up, at which point he went straight from the mic and plonked himself to my direct left.
     Now alot is said about how tight Tikay is, however, I saw him showdown  two hearts at one point so was definately on my guard. Was an absolute pleasure to be on the table. Another guy in seat 4 who I didnt know was also very chatty and really enjoyed my time on there. Got a few massive compliments from the man himself too (one that was on camera, did a little fistpump inside). Im sure these were all sarcastic though Tongue.

As for the comp itself, I dont really wanna go into how I bust. I lost  to  when a guy limp/cold called my 3b then jammed over my c/b on  for a 30k stack in level 3. After that I had 6k coming back after the break and lost  vs  three clubs against the same guy when I tried to get tricky pre, flatting his open and getting it in on    . Turns the  . My bad play I guess!

Left the comp, pretty gutted and met up with PeeJay and a few other mates. Decided I was up for a degenerate streak and spun £20 up to £230 on roulette. Wiiiii. Sat at 1/2 with Alex and did it within 2 orbits. Ah. Busto hand was pretty funny. We peel back  UTG and open to £7 playing £118. UTG+1 3b's to £25, folds to us we 4b jam (gambooooool). He thinks for about 1-1.5mins, asking me 4 times how much it was total. He eventually calls and lets out a big sigh as he slides his chips across. Board comes 9 high and I snap turn my hand over so as not to slowroll. He takes one look at my cards, almost leaps out his chair and turns over QQ. I had to check 3 times this wasnt QJ, KQ or even AQ. Nope, it was definately QQ. "This is a strong hand sir, I may even snap call with it!". He just sat there. Ah well!

Sorry if Iv bored anyone that actually read this. I just felt like typing Tongue.

Cliffs:
Playing 50nl, was winning now not
Played SPT, lost 2 pots for the lot and bust
Played roulette, won
Played 1/2 with roulette winnings, got nitrolled and lost
Screamed all the way home at how bad I run
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2011, 05:47:13 PM »

^^^ Are you not playing PLO for lildave's stable still?

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
JK

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2011, 06:31:41 PM »

^^^ Are you not playing PLO for lildave's stable still?

Its a long story lol. lildave was coaching a stable for BRS, which hes now left
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2011, 01:08:22 PM »

Get back on the horse and get crushign mate. No need for dickwaving most of the time, just take them to value city.

#KEEPTHEFAITH

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2011, 06:30:33 PM »

Im alive!

Since I last posted, I have transferred my mass rungood to 6max NLH. Started off playing 50NL, which I enjoy so much. Was crushing to start with, getting in alot of cockwaving contests with the regs (who were, for the most part, godawful). Was winning quite a bit and running really well. Alas, this never lasts. Iv started a pretty hard downswing and, as most of you can probably dettest to, am playing far from optimally because of it. Iv decided to take a bit of a break (the below paragraph is the icing on the cake for me here) to get my head back and hopefully start to crush again.

Saturday was the first decent live comp Iv played in quite a while. The £220 Sky Poker Tour 6 max comp was my absolute bread and butter. What more could I wish for? Iv been playing solely 6 max for the past month or so and now I get this gem of a tournament.
     First of all, I just want to say that, for the short time I was in, this is another gem of a tournament put on by DTD with, I assume, alot of feedback from Sky Poker. Obviously any 6 max comp with a 15k starting stack and a 40 minuite clock is going to be great though.
     I sat down for this and had a quick glance around the table and didnt recognise anybody. I wasnt really expecting to know many people in this tournament, but could see quite a few heroes spotted around the room in the form of Jakally, Julian Thew, CambridgeAlex, Paul Ho and a few others. Tikay took the mic for the thanks and we started up, at which point he went straight from the mic and plonked himself to my direct left.
     Now alot is said about how tight Tikay is, however, I saw him showdown  two hearts at one point so was definately on my guard. Was an absolute pleasure to be on the table. Another guy in seat 4 who I didnt know was also very chatty and really enjoyed my time on there. Got a few massive compliments from the man himself too (one that was on camera, did a little fistpump inside). Im sure these were all sarcastic though Tongue.

As for the comp itself, I dont really wanna go into how I bust. I lost  to  when a guy limp/cold called my 3b then jammed over my c/b on  for a 30k stack in level 3. After that I had 6k coming back after the break and lost  vs  three clubs against the same guy when I tried to get tricky pre, flatting his open and getting it in on    . Turns the  . My bad play I guess!

Left the comp, pretty gutted and met up with PeeJay and a few other mates. Decided I was up for a degenerate streak and spun £20 up to £230 on roulette. Wiiiii. Sat at 1/2 with Alex and did it within 2 orbits. Ah. Busto hand was pretty funny. We peel back  UTG and open to £7 playing £118. UTG+1 3b's to £25, folds to us we 4b jam (gambooooool). He thinks for about 1-1.5mins, asking me 4 times how much it was total. He eventually calls and lets out a big sigh as he slides his chips across. Board comes 9 high and I snap turn my hand over so as not to slowroll. He takes one look at my cards, almost leaps out his chair and turns over QQ. I had to check 3 times this wasnt QJ, KQ or even AQ. Nope, it was definately QQ. "This is a strong hand sir, I may even snap call with it!". He just sat there. Ah well!

Sorry if Iv bored anyone that actually read this. I just felt like typing Tongue.

Cliffs:
Played roulette, won

Sir!

Be assured, my compliments were wholly sincere - it was an abso pleasure to observe, from such close quarters, an aggro young gun doing his thing. I loved every minute of it. Thank the Lord I had position on you, though I very quickly arrived at the view not to mess with you, & hope for a Table break.

But here's the thing, & let's forget the social niceties, & false modesty. You were - far & away - the best player at the Table, I know that, 4 others knew that, & you knew it.

But one man, encased in his hoodie, did not. This guy - I'd call him "inexperienced", many would use the dreadfuly arrogant term "fish" or worse, busted you. He got you twice in fact, he called EVERY Raise you made (most hands) & showed up with the weirdest of holdings. K--3, v your A-K, on a K high flop? Gotta be the nuts, & he was never letting go. Rinse repeat several times.

And this, to me, is a huge part of poker's fascination. It matters not how good players think they are - & you have claimed no such thing, of course - but it's well hard to beat inexperienced players, especially if they are calling stations, & catching cards. In the long term, yes, you'll beat them all, but we don't play much long term in Live Poker.

Eventually, of course, he got trapped all ends up with an airball, & he took it well enough, fair play to him.

Loved sharing the Table with you bud, hope we do it again. With Position, of course.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2011, 12:26:08 AM »

Im alive!

Cliffs:
Played roulette, won

Sir!

Be assured, my compliments were wholly sincere - it was an abso pleasure to observe, from such close quarters, an aggro young gun doing his thing. I loved every minute of it. Thank the Lord I had position on you, though I very quickly arrived at the view not to mess with you, & hope for a Table break.

But here's the thing, & let's forget the social niceties, & false modesty. You were - far & away - the best player at the Table, I know that, 4 others knew that, & you knew it.

But one man, encased in his hoodie, did not. This guy - I'd call him "inexperienced", many would use the dreadfuly arrogant term "fish" or worse, busted you. He got you twice in fact, he called EVERY Raise you made (most hands) & showed up with the weirdest of holdings. K--3, v your A-K, on a K high flop? Gotta be the nuts, & he was never letting go. Rinse repeat several times.

And this, to me, is a huge part of poker's fascination. It matters not how good players think they are - & you have claimed no such thing, of course - but it's well hard to beat inexperienced players, especially if they are calling stations, & catching cards. In the long term, yes, you'll beat them all, but we don't play much long term in Live Poker.

Eventually, of course, he got trapped all ends up with an airball, & he took it well enough, fair play to him.

Loved sharing the Table with you bud, hope we do it again. With Position, of course.
me 2 tikay
JK

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2011, 07:19:54 AM »

Sir!

I really really do appreciate this comment Tikay, thank you very much.

As for the beats. I watched "Lucky You" a while back. Cliffs of the film are a broke grinder who lives in the shadow of his "legend of the game" father gets a seat in the WSOP ME and finals alongside his Dad. They have a chat about luck etc. Basically, the film, imho, is crap. However, the one part I love about it is one where Robert Duvalls character (the father), says "It just wasnt my time, it was his" (or words to that effect). That was definately what I was telling myself Saturday.

Like you said, poker is a game of variance. However, in a live scenario, none of us are going to play enough hands of poker with the same players to even out these swings. Youve gotta take the good with the bad.
JK

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2011, 04:59:28 AM »

Its funny how life has a way of proving that its always right.

After saying about how funny poker can be etc, literally the next night I go and bink a bit of a score. Wiiii.

A friend was playing a $1 3 x Turbo, unlimited rebuy comp on Pokerstars and I thought "well, that could be fun". Ended up registering for a 2 x Turbo too. The 3x Turbo made around 40k, busted that shortly after the break though. The 2x turbo was a bit better. After the first break, I had around 6x the average and was chip leader. LOL. Long story short we manage to bink 4th place for $640.

I played absolutely terribly today. I mainly played to mess around, then got a stack and fairly deep so decided I should probably pay attention. After deciding to pay attention, I still played shit but binked anyway. Wiiiii, poker really is fun.

Anyway, cashed it straight out to rub on my titties/go towards actually eating this month. Get in!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2011, 01:38:53 PM »

Wiiiii nice one.

And well done for cashing out. I know you love you're food so spend it wisely. I don't wanna see you at DTD anytime soon alright?!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
JK

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2012, 03:58:25 PM »

Lol@bumping this.

Gonna be playing pretty much every event in the upcoming micromillions series. Thought Id bump this up to put funny hands etc in.

Got 6 events tonight, the 10c unlimited rebuy turbo 6max, $1R 3x turbo, $5.50 freeze, $3.30R PLO 6max, $10.50 Superknockout turbo and the $4.40 Hold'em turbo.

The prizes arent gonna be life changing, but would be nice to bink one! (or 2 or 3 or all of them Cheesy)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2012, 04:18:22 PM »

LEGOOOOOOO!

Railing the 10c unlimited is just so comedy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
JK

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2012, 04:32:23 PM »

10c unlimited is a really strange one. You can buy as many chips as you like, 50 chips per unit, 10c a unit. Unfortunately for me, you can only buy 1 unit at a time and the rebuy period is only 20 minuites.

Managed to get 266 units in in the allotted time frame, to put me on around 13.5k for the freezeout period.

Keep in mind, the blinds started at 1/2, so now we're at 5/10/1 and I have 13,500 chips. BIG BLINDS EVERYWHERE.

we're 105th richest out of 31622 atm, so leggo. $4.6k up top
JK

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2012, 05:01:52 PM »

$1r 3x turbo just started. Weirdly, rebuys are 91c lol
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: