blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 04:49:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 496789 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2550 on: May 23, 2016, 10:13:47 PM »

I think if I'm one of the top players in the world with a choice of clubs how the manager impresses me or lays out his plans for me would definitely play some part in my decision

You work for ABC taxis stuck in a shit Ford Sierra all day on £250 a week great general manager looks after you, gives you a great vision for the future of the business and how big a part you will play in it (which you don't own a share in so will never benefit long term from the graft you put in) and tells you how successful the company will become.  

XYZ cars down the road has a wanker of a gaffer who has no vision of the future at all and couldn't care less about how you fit into the plans of the future of the company but gives you a Merc S class to drive around in all week and £1200 a week.  

Bit like when Sterling moved from Lolapool to Man City right?

Which one is 99% of taxi drivers choosing?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: May 23, 2016, 10:14:21 PM »

So you can't compare other managers with a high wage bill because they don't get as much praise???!

Do you not think attracting the top(highest paid) players to your club is a management skill?

Or do all players just take the highest wage offer?

The two biggest factors in signing a player in most cases nowadays imo are the ability to offer champions league football and the level of salary/contract.  The gaffer is way down the list of most players imo.  You think Sterling signed for City for £180k a week or the gaffer who is no longer there?  Do me a favour.

Your plucking out singular examples to prove your point.

Jose and United will still be able to attract a decent calibre of player albeit it'll be tougher next year without CL footie.

Be interesting to see if we can get Zlatan despite not being in the CL

Zlatan will go where he makes the most money.  He is a brand/business.
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: May 23, 2016, 10:14:28 PM »

Or maybe ,just maybe better managers knew his limitations and didn't offer as much or anything?
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: May 23, 2016, 10:15:21 PM »

Your analogies don't work because United will still be offering a decent wage just not the nicest routes

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: May 23, 2016, 10:17:33 PM »

99% of taxi drivers are not that comparable to 20 year old footballers who have no idea how much money they have in the bank and are not that bothered as there always seems to be enough
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: May 23, 2016, 10:18:25 PM »

99% of taxi drivers are not that comparable to 20 year old footballers who have no idea how much money they have in the bank and are not that bothered as there always seems to be enough

Most 20 year old footballers don't make any decisions their agents do.  They just turn up to training every day and play and do what they are told.
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: May 23, 2016, 10:21:55 PM »

How many 20yr old footballers do you know that live like that?
I realise that is the common perception but do we know any that live that way for sure?

They will have good friends and family who care about them who would advise them against this wouldn't they?
Or are they all amune to that?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: May 23, 2016, 10:37:27 PM »

Makes me laugh. Like he isn't going to play a young player if he isn't good enough.

Of course he isn't going to play a young player if he isn't good enough, the trouble is that he has no pedigree in either identifying when a young player is good enough, nor in giving them their chance

How many under 21s have played in Mourinho teams?

Have a look at the wiki page for Mourinho's last full season at Chelsea, specifically have a look at how many Chelsea Academy players made an appearance (other than JT), and look at the loans as reported there, and here
As of January Chelsea had 28 players out on loan, most of them were Mourinho era loans.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/01/29/where-are-chelseas-28-on-loan-players1/

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: May 23, 2016, 10:53:18 PM »

Makes me laugh. Like he isn't going to play a young player if he isn't good enough.

Of course he isn't going to play a young player if he isn't good enough, the trouble is that he has no pedigree in either identifying when a young player is good enough, nor in giving them their chance

How many under 21s have played in Mourinho teams?

Have a look at the wiki page for Mourinho's last full season at Chelsea, specifically have a look at how many Chelsea Academy players made an appearance (other than JT), and look at the loans as reported there, and here
As of January Chelsea had 28 players out on loan, most of them were Mourinho era loans.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/01/29/where-are-chelseas-28-on-loan-players1/

Last year I said Delph would hardly get a game for City, look what happened.

Now I will say Rashford, Lingaard and Januzaj won't get more than 20 games COMBINED in the Premier League.

I reckon the first two will be shipped out on loan and Adnan will be sold.

(And JT doesn't count for Chelsea youngsters who played for Jose, as he was already an international when Mourinho arrived)

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: May 23, 2016, 10:56:59 PM »

I don't like Manchester United much, but I've always sneakingly admired them.

They've always played exciting attractive football, with players like Best, Cantona, Giggs, Scholes and Charlton.

They've always given young, homegrown players a chance to shine.

This will all stop now they've employed Jose.

I can stop admiring Man Utd now.

True dat

sola virtus nobilitat
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: May 23, 2016, 11:00:46 PM »

Good cos Lingaard isn't good enough.

Rashford wouldn't have played had Rooney not got injured. His time will come.

Adnan might actually get more of a look in if Jose ships out Mata

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: May 23, 2016, 11:03:40 PM »

I must be missing this long line of Chelsea talent that has thrived since Jose left and been nurtured by all the subsequent managers been and gone.

City and Chelsea are very much clubs who have been built by billionaires. Not exactly the best environment for younger players to survive.

We either move with the times or become Liverpool (if we haven't already done so)

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: May 23, 2016, 11:19:53 PM »

They've always played exciting attractive football, with players like Best, Cantona, Giggs, Scholes and Charlton.

Anything is a step up from LVG. We will play more attractive footie then the snoozefest we've had to endure this year

Yeah, Mourinho is renowned for his attractive attacking football.

Not a United fan, but Mourinho's rep as a defensive coach is a bit unfounded IMO and comes from the big games where he's more cautious.

His Madrid team outscored Barca in two of the three La Liga campaigns under Mourinho.

His last Chelsea title winning team were the second top scorers in the league in 14-15 (behind Man City) they might have one-niled their way to the title but averaged over two goals per game during the first half of the season.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: May 23, 2016, 11:24:33 PM »

Anything is a step up from LVG. We will play more attractive footie then the snoozefest we've had to endure this year

Yeah, Mourinho is renowned for his attractive attacking football.

Not a United fan, but Mourinho's rep as a defensive coach is a bit unfounded IMO and comes from the big games where he's more cautious.

His Madrid team outscored Barca in two of the three La Liga campaigns under Mourinho.

His last Chelsea title winning team were the second top scorers in the league in 14-15 (behind Man City) they might have one-niled their way to the title but averaged over two goals per game during the first half of the season.

Put simply, Chelsea's success under Mourinho was due to lumping it up to a big, combative striker (Drogba or Costa) who either held it up and waited for support or knocked it down for a midfielder to pick up the pieces.

They definitely had skilful players, but they were not allowed to express themselves fully.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: May 23, 2016, 11:24:42 PM »

Each team now has an elite coach in Klopp, Jose and Pep along with Poch at Spurs.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: