blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:26:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 490264 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: May 27, 2016, 02:53:39 PM »

As a neutral, I'm pretty excited by all this.

Hope it works out for you boys. Things won't be the same, that's for sure.

Not sure what to make of the old fella - Zlatan - but he's certainly got that Cantona arrogance, & he's deffo Box Office.

I much enjoy watching Martial, too, & I still think Rooney has plenty to offer in midfield. For all the stick he got this season, one thing is for sure - he really works hard, & gives his all. Not all of the current team can say that.  

The matches with City, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal will be pretty interesting, too.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:55:29 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: May 27, 2016, 05:04:28 PM »

Pretty torn on Zlatan. He's a winner and just coming off his best season ever. Free as well. Loves Mourinho to bits and will be a huge presence in the dressing room, great for Martial/Rashford. However Mourinho always plays with a 1 striker system. This means will be need good service to him, which isn't the case atm. And also that it will limit the amount of minutes Rashford/Martial get up top.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: May 27, 2016, 05:47:24 PM »

I've always admired Jose. Thought he should've been the easy choice after Fergie but I think I've said before perhaps he's picked a better time.

Super excited- feels like we may genuinely challenge BUT again that's probably getting carried away. City and Chelsea are gonna be stronger for sure.

For me I'd love Zlatan to join. Would send a message and I think he would do really well in the Prem.

Exciting times!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: May 27, 2016, 06:00:00 PM »

Ignoring Zlatan for a moment

who are the striker options in the current squad behind Martial (who LVG liked to play wide but Jose might not?) and Rashford?

Wilson? who else?

--

Surely a manager like Jose could  set up in a way to incorporate at least two of Zlatan (who i know is 35 but is still going to be levels above many PL defenders ), Martial and Rashford and the combination with Rooney in behind prompting would be a huge threat?

--

watching as a neutral last season i thought that the developent of the attacking play was very slow. If they set up to transition quicker and play at pace, with the options they have i think it could be a much more exciting season

--

presumably De Gea stays for Jose too?

--

thanks

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: May 27, 2016, 06:12:04 PM »

Striking options are definitely limited. Would like to see Zlatan join and maybe a marquee signing up front but no one springs to mind. I know Marota has been linked.

The tempo was Deffo an issue. I have never been so bored and u inspired watching a United side. The style of play isn't effective anymore with high press tactics used by teams.

I think if Real want him he will go which will obviously be a massive loss

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: May 27, 2016, 06:22:09 PM »

Be great if De Gea stays, God knows how many points he was worth to you this season.

However, if he goes, who would his likely replacement be?

Name three likely options.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: May 27, 2016, 06:24:42 PM »

Schmichael?

Smiley

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: May 27, 2016, 06:26:53 PM »

If Jose behaves like he did in the season just finished how long will he last at untied?

I mean will the yanks be more tolerant of boorish and embarrassing behaviour or will he be given short shrift if he acts up again like he did on numerous occasions last season?

Could there even be a clause in his contract to cover such eventualities?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: May 27, 2016, 06:35:58 PM »

Navas comes if de gea goes right?
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: May 27, 2016, 06:36:45 PM »

If Jose behaves like he did in the season just finished how long will he last at untied?

I mean will the yanks be more tolerant of boorish and embarrassing behaviour or will he be given short shrift if he acts up again like he did on numerous occasions last season?

Could there even be a clause in his contract to cover such eventualities?

I don't think we will see that behaviour next year. Maybe year 3?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: May 27, 2016, 06:37:34 PM »

Be great if De Gea stays, God knows how many points he was worth to you this season.

However, if he goes, who would his likely replacement be?

Name three likely options.

Would like to see Lloris but very doubtful. Again no one springs to mind maybe go abroad for a keeper. Or maybe get Navas as part of the deal again

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: May 27, 2016, 09:07:04 PM »

What about Joe Hart if he became available? Rumours are Pep wants a sweeper keeper who's good with the ball at his feet & thus isn't keen on Hart.

As an aside whilst I think Utd and Chelsea will improve this coming season I don't think either team will finish in the top four.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: May 27, 2016, 09:21:09 PM »

What about Joe Hart if he became available? Rumours are Pep wants a sweeper keeper who's good with the ball at his feet & thus isn't keen on Hart.

As an aside whilst I think Utd and Chelsea will improve this coming season I don't think either team will finish in the top four.

Pretty bold statement. Think they both will

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: May 27, 2016, 09:22:48 PM »

Also very doubtful Hart would come to us. I do think he's a quality keeper

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: May 27, 2016, 09:39:37 PM »

Who's your top 4?

Think De Gea will stay. Navas has been great (by all accounts) this season. Zidane really likes him and keeper isn't really the marquee signing they go for, especially as he's going to cost them a fair whack. Especially true if they win the CL.

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: