blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:54:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 490229 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: September 14, 2016, 11:56:39 AM »

lol so its ''ridiculously biased'' to not consider Jose a master tactician? I've never thought of him as that. Great manager, excellent track record everywhere he's been but certainly lacks the tactical nous to ever be thought of as master tactician in my ridiculously biased opinion. And if he is a master tactician, then he hid these master tactics pretty damn well on Saturday Wink

I'm sure all united fans, many of whom were chanting 'fuck off Mourinho' from the stands for the last decade, haven't suddenly changed their opinion on him now that he's their manager, cos that would be ridiculously biased, no?

Lets see what Maureen can get out of Pogba. A player to build a team around, or a player to shoehorn into an XI? Went missing on Saturday but I think that's more down to Maureens master selection and tactics than anything else. Would be a shame to waste a world class talent.

I think you'll make top 4 though, maybe.

Not heard what you made of Clattenburgs performance?

Still loves the attention a bit too much for my liking but kept a reasonably low profile on Saturday and had a reasonable game. This doesn't change my opinion on him though; his years of big errors in key matches doesn't suddenly disappear off the back of a semi competent performance in a Manchester derby.

He wasn't given any huge decisions to get wrong, which certainly helped his cause.

Best Bitter.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: September 14, 2016, 12:17:30 PM »

I think the main reason Man City beat United so easily was simply because they have better players.

Try it for yourself.

Draw up the best combined Utd/City XI.

I made it 8 City, 3 Utd.

And of those 11 positions, De Gea was the only certainty to get in from United.

I did this and had 6 United, 5 city.

Think it's a bit easy to put it down to players. Think if pep was at United we would win the league

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: September 14, 2016, 12:25:47 PM »

What we going for?

............................DDG........

Valencia.....Kompany.....Stones.....Shaw....

Sterling.....Silva.....fernandinho.....Pogba......KDB

.......................Aguero

Bench....Bravo, Otamendi, Gundogan, Nolito, Sane, Rashford, Ibra,

^ but that's a very general side, going from this season alone you'd have to play Nolito and Kolarov, so that's no Shaw and Pogba on the bench, KDB in behind Aguero and Nolito out on the flank.

Rooney can be water carrier, assuming he's able to do that.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: September 14, 2016, 12:37:10 PM »

I think the main reason Man City beat United so easily was simply because they have better players.

Try it for yourself.

Draw up the best combined Utd/City XI.

I made it 8 City, 3 Utd.

And of those 11 positions, De Gea was the only certainty to get in from United.

I did this and had 6 United, 5 city.

Think it's a bit easy to put it down to players. Think if pep was at United we would win the league

Please please please can we see the breakdown of the above, I'm sure it won't be ridiculously biased....

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: September 14, 2016, 08:37:16 PM »

Jose's mood in the presser today pre-EL Thursdays was as though his dog had just been run over.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: September 15, 2016, 06:49:13 PM »

Jose's mood in the presser today pre-EL Thursdays was as though his dog had just been run over.

Think Man U need to win tonight, and convincingly. The Jose vultures are circling already, and if they don't win tonight it is gonna get messy quite soon.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: September 15, 2016, 06:57:47 PM »

Think Man U need to win tonight, and convincingly. The Jose vultures are circling already, and if they don't win tonight it is gonna get messy quite soon.

Is the "campaign" lurking in the undergrowth?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: September 15, 2016, 07:16:22 PM »

I gather there are campaigns against both Manchester teams. The whole world is against City, according to Percy Plump.

Quite a difference though, with City likely to dominate this season, big time. Think they will win the EPL by a distance.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 07:18:04 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: September 15, 2016, 09:11:20 PM »

I gather there are campaigns against both Manchester teams. The whole world is against City, according to Percy Plump.

Quite a difference though, with City likely to dominate this season, big time. Think they will win the EPL by a distance.

Smiley

I hear the master tactician stuck Smalling up front this evening.....

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: September 15, 2016, 10:11:55 PM »

Anyone seen G2L lately?

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: September 16, 2016, 09:02:41 AM »

I had

DG

Valencia Baily Kompany Shaw

Fernandinho
         Pogba    Silva
                  KDB
          Ibra    Aguero

Bench: bravo, stones, sagna, Fellani, Herrera, ignenacho, rashford

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: September 16, 2016, 09:03:49 AM »

Probably bench gundogan ahead of fellani

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: September 16, 2016, 09:37:57 AM »

I had

DG

Valencia Baily Kompany Shaw

Fernandinho
         Pogba    Silva
                  KDB
          Ibra    Aguero

Bench: bravo, stones, sagna, Fellani, Herrera, ignenacho, rashford

Ah, the famous 4-1-2-1-2 formation used exactly zero times by both Manchester clubs this season. Guess it enables you to shoehorn Ibrahimovic in.
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: September 16, 2016, 10:05:21 AM »

Picking benches in a pick the best 11 from United and City...........You didn't have to post the bench to get the Rooney joke in there 
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: September 16, 2016, 12:26:19 PM »

Probably bench gundogan ahead of fellani

Hmmm I dunno, Gundogan is all elbows and spitting whilst bog brush is an elegant, gracious, classy footballer who makes the game look easy.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: