blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:39:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 489581 times)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2775 on: January 20, 2017, 04:21:39 PM »

Man Utd work on £86m Antoine Griezmann deal, as Atletico Madrid say they won't stand in player's way

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/19/man-utd-working-86-million-antoine-griezmann-deal-atletico-madrid/

Does CL football not mean as much to players any more? Too many games in a season at present?
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: January 20, 2017, 05:11:42 PM »

It def does imo, but I think United are in a unique position of still be able to pay top transfer fees and top wages despite not being in it, and probably will continue till they do reestablish themselves as a CL club. I think players joining (maybe joining) appreciate this and can see that the team being built won't be out of the top 4 for much longer. Griezmann and his brother are (were?) also massive United fans. Not really believing all this paper talk as of yet. Other clubs will be in for him but it's nice that he won't go to Real, Barca have the 3 best strikers in the world already and we can probably outdraw/outspend any other team. Atletico are busto by all accounts due to moving to the new stadium, which is probably the wood fueling this speculation. Tbh we should just try and buy whoever Atletico are going to replace Griezmann with. It'll be a  lot cheaper and whoever they are after is sure to be a hit. Think it's gone Torres>Aguero>Falcao>Villa>Costa>Manzukic>Griezmann as their strikers for the last 10 years. All in their peak as well.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: January 20, 2017, 07:04:34 PM »

Man Utd work on £86m Antoine Griezmann deal, as Atletico Madrid say they won't stand in player's way

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/19/man-utd-working-86-million-antoine-griezmann-deal-atletico-madrid/

Does CL football not mean as much to players any more? Too many games in a season at present?

surely they are all just after the £££?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: January 20, 2017, 07:12:11 PM »

You find me a football player that is not in it for the money and i will show you a liar.

As a kid now you know if you make it you are rich.

As a footballer you have circa 10-15 years to earn your lifes wage. Now on £100k a week that shouldn't be too hard if you can avoid gambling, alcohol, drugs and women. But then whats the point?

Most footballers are still grafting there bollocks of for a "good" wage but living the lifestyle of a millionaire so spend all they have. If a Vardy type hits the jackpot after grafting in the lower leagues, so what if he takes the big pay day. If Rooney buggers off to China at the end of the year for £500k a week who am i to argue with him.

I currently work within a family business earning £xxk a year. if someone offers me £x,xxxk a year im off, see you dad, mum, brother on your bike. No loyalty shown from me there but that is what these footballers are doing.

The only people that are loyal are the fans, and most fans need to get over the fact that the players are not loyal, its a job they maximise their earning potential like everyone else does.

The days of Giggs, Scholes, Neville etc (One Club Men) are gone in my eyes.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: January 20, 2017, 07:18:39 PM »

You find me a football player that is not in it for the money and i will show you a liar.

As a footballer you have circa 10-15 years to earn your lifes wage. Now on £100k a week that shouldn't be too hard if you can avoid gambling, alcohol, drugs and women. But then whats the point?

Most footballers are still grafting there bollocks of for a "good" wage but living the lifestyle of a millionaire so spend all they have. If a Vardy type hits the jackpot after grafting in the lower leagues, so what if he takes the big pay day. If Rooney buggers off to China at the end of the year for £500k a week who am i to argue with him.

I currently work within a family business earning £xxk a year. if someone offers me £x,xxxk a year im off, see you dad, mum, brother on your bike. No loyalty shown from me there but that is what these footballers are doing.

The only people that are loyal are the fans, and most fans need to get over the fact that the players are not loyal, its a job they maximise their earning potential like everyone else does.

Very easy to claim to be a one club man when said club is smashing the joint up for 10/15 years and winning everything with the GOAT managing them.  Alongside that you also get offered the huge wages without having to move because you are winning everything.  Would have been interesting to see how loyal those red nose lifers would have been if manure were suddenly a mid table club in the primes of their careers and winning nothing.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: January 20, 2017, 07:23:18 PM »

Very easy to claim to be a one club man when said club is smashing the joint up for 10/15 years and winning everything with the GOAT managing them.  Alongside that you also get offered the huge wages without having to move because you are winning everything.  Would have been interesting to see how loyal those red nose lifers would have been if manure were suddenly a mid table club in the primes of their careers and winning nothing.

I think only Scholes would have stayed tbh maybe Neville as he was not as "gifted" as the others.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: January 20, 2017, 07:28:59 PM »

I think only Scholes would have stayed tbh maybe Neville as he was not as "gifted" as the others.

Agreed i never got the impressions Scholes was remotely interested in money in the slightest at any stage of his career.  Probably one of the few footballers who never made any decision based on financial reasons during his playing career.  Once he had made enough to live on for life if they said 'right son you are out' he would have probably said listen if i play for free will you let me stay as i have no interest playing anywhere else.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: January 20, 2017, 07:46:20 PM »

Agreed i never got the impressions Scholes was remotely interested in money in the slightest at any stage of his career.  Probably one of the few footballers who never made any decision based on financial reasons during his playing career.  Once he had made enough to live on for life if they said 'right son you are out' he would have probably said listen if i play for free will you let me stay as i have no interest playing anywhere else.

GNev would have been sold to West Ham in 1998, after United decided they had to spend money to get back into Europe and bought Cafu from Palmeiras in the summer of 97.

GNev goes on to have a successful career under Arry, persuades Frank Lampard not to go to Chelsea and enables John Hartson to come second in the 1999 golden boot.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: January 21, 2017, 07:50:19 PM »

record breaker

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: January 22, 2017, 10:37:36 AM »

That's some record, well done Wayne.

As he has aged, he has come in for some brutal comments from Team Armchair & the Press, but he always gave his all, has a great engine & never fails to give 100%.

As age has taken it's inevitable toll, & he was no longer guaranteed a place every week, & often sat warming the subs bench, which must be quite an ignominy for one with such a great record, & he seemed to handle it pretty well.

In his early years, first at Everton & then Man U, he was one of those players you would always be excited to watch, as he had audacious skills.

What a career he has had, & we've been lucky to see his like.     

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: January 22, 2017, 10:49:28 AM »

As he has aged, he has come in for some brutal comments from Team Armchair & the Press, but he always gave his all, has a great engine & never fails to give 100%.

As age has taken it's inevitable toll, & he was no longer guaranteed a place every week, & often sat warming the subs bench, which must be quite an ignominy for one with such a great record, & he seemed to handle it pretty well.

In his early years, first at Everton & then Man U, he was one of those players you would always be excited to watch, as he had audacious skills.

Er... Given his all

Looks like a career in footie punditry awaits you

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: January 22, 2017, 11:21:16 AM »

Er... Given his all

Looks like a career in footie punditry awaits you

Nothing to see here. Mis read. Move on. And yah, Rooney,  never thought he really reached the heights but excellent all the same

sola virtus nobilitat
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: January 22, 2017, 11:52:25 AM »

Imagine captaining United and England and breaking the goal scoring record for both, imagine playing over 600 top flight +  110 international games before your 32nd birthday,  imagine hoovering up winner medals - to the point that in terms of league and champions league medals if you were a club you'd be chelsea... and still being considered a bit of a let down.

Wp Wayne lad, you are a boss.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:58:22 AM by teddybloat » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: January 22, 2017, 11:57:31 AM »

Imagine captaining United and England and breaking the goal scoring record for both, imagine hoovering up winner medals - to the point that in terms of league and champions league medals if you were a club you'd be chelsea - and still being considered a bit of a let down.

Wp Wayne lad, you are a boss.

Yup. Every footballer has those dreams. Rooney achieved them.

What a wonderful feeling that must be.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: January 22, 2017, 12:33:18 PM »

gullit was on top form on MOTD last night saying rooney isnt considered as a great player as he has never performed well in an international tournament - before qualifying that by saying you have to ignore the time he did perform well in a tournament for that statement to be true : "armstrong has never walk on the moon, well if you ignore the first time he walked on the moon..."

we are constantly being told that we fortunate to be be able, if you wish, to see the greatest forward line ever assembled play for barcalona. messi, neymar and suarez. lets examine their record in international tournaments: 1 red card, one bite, one instance of being a member of the most embarrassingly inept home nation and a decent goal against iran.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:36:07 PM by teddybloat » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: