blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:45:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484680 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3435 on: January 19, 2020, 06:39:29 PM »

Not so fiery Fred..

Damp squib Fred.
Sideways or back passing Fred.
He had so many touches in such good positions and did nothing effective with them

Different man now. Fred the Red

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3436 on: January 23, 2020, 09:08:08 AM »

Time for another sad ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: January 23, 2020, 10:58:36 AM »

Time for another sad ?

Time for another Manager more like.

Send for this guy before someone else snaffles him.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: January 23, 2020, 12:15:41 PM »

I think they need to make a standard over the odds value wise signing that has become so standard for Man U in recent years because they are Man U, they are loaded and they can and sign Vardy.  They need some leadership and experience in that dressing room, basically don't have a striker for the rest of the year and he won't cost as much as they were wiiling to over pay for Sanchez and others.   He is a total grafter 100% of the time which is what most of the United dressing room aren't.

Leicester have shown at the right price they are happy to sell anyone to anyone (Man U are currently a direct rival and they still sold Maguire), Vardy would get a short term huge pension type deal (probably £350k a week) to retire on which he deserves and Man U get the final two years of him at the very top level (he surely has to start aging soon given his skill set).  

Seems a perfect win win win trade for all 3 parties for me.   £60m and £350k a week for a 2-3 year deal.  Chicken feed to the Man U money printing machine.   Too much for Vardy and Leicester to turn down at this stage of his career.  Plus the huge lol ego factor that Man U are buying past their prime players over the odds price wise from Leicester who have had his prime years after doing it themselves for decades to clubs would be a sharp reality check of where Man U are shopping currently.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 12:21:02 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: January 23, 2020, 12:30:32 PM »

Or maybe the corporate plan is to stand pat in January and deliberately finish outside of the top 6 (to be able to play only once a week next season like sub par Chelsea and Leics teams did to win the title in recent years) so they have a huge scheduling edge next season to try and make the jump slowly back to the promised land via a top 4 finish next season.  Ole gets time this year to experiment with any players he wants in the write off season. The new crop of kids are all a year older and more experienced next year etc etc.  Given the behaviour last night and entitlement of most man u 'fans' would they be intelligent enough to realise finishing outside the top 6 this season is a big edge next season?

I wouldn't be against them tanking this season.   It pretty standard in the NFL/NBA for top teams to tank and write off seasons (Golden State this season) to have a better edge the following season.

Would be nice if Martial fancied turning up as the main man for a few months now though given he is paid to perform like the main man.  
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 12:48:01 PM by arbboy » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: January 23, 2020, 01:02:42 PM »

On a brighter note, to my admittedly easily-impressed eye this Brandon Williams kid is different gravy, he looks really special to me, especially for one who's barely 19 years old.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: January 23, 2020, 03:01:39 PM »

I think they need to make a standard over the odds value wise signing that has become so standard for Man U in recent years because they are Man U, they are loaded and they can and sign Vardy.  They need some leadership and experience in that dressing room, basically don't have a striker for the rest of the year and he won't cost as much as they were wiiling to over pay for Sanchez and others.   He is a total grafter 100% of the time which is what most of the United dressing room aren't.

Leicester have shown at the right price they are happy to sell anyone to anyone (Man U are currently a direct rival and they still sold Maguire), Vardy would get a short term huge pension type deal (probably £350k a week) to retire on which he deserves and Man U get the final two years of him at the very top level (he surely has to start aging soon given his skill set).  

Seems a perfect win win win trade for all 3 parties for me.   £60m and £350k a week for a 2-3 year deal.  Chicken feed to the Man U money printing machine.   Too much for Vardy and Leicester to turn down at this stage of his career.  Plus the huge lol ego factor that Man U are buying past their prime players over the odds price wise from Leicester who have had his prime years after doing it themselves for decades to clubs would be a sharp reality check of where Man U are shopping currently.

Leicester accepted Arsenal's £20M bid for Vardy near the end of Wenger's reign but he turned the move down.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: January 23, 2020, 03:05:02 PM »

Seems a perfect win win win trade for all 3 parties for me.   £60m and £350k a week for a 2-3 year deal.  Chicken feed to the Man U money printing machine.   Too much for Vardy and Leicester to turn down at this stage of his career.  Plus the huge lol ego factor that Man U are buying past their prime players over the odds price wise from Leicester who have had his prime years after doing it themselves for decades to clubs would be a sharp reality check of where Man U are shopping currently.

Leicester accepted Arsenal's £20M bid for Vardy near the end of Wenger's reign but he turned the move down.

Arsenal barely offered him more wages wise than Leics did though.   Man Utd could blow him out of the water wages wise for a 2.5 year contract.  Maybe it wouldn't take £60m to get him then but what i am saying is if MU aren't in tank this season mode then they need to break the bank for instant goals to compete this year otherwise they could easily finish 8-10th this season if they are not careful without MR.

Man U have a different 'premier' price list for players (esp from Leics) in their current climate of decline.  Given Vardy's performance this season even at his age i think it would take Leicester a lot more than £20m to sell him right now.   Leicester are a club where everyone has a price and there is only one club in the EPL who don't care about price and that is why this is a perfect storm potentially.

You could easily say the same about Spurs and Jose.  He would be a typical 'at his peak' purchase for Jose with Kane out but i doubt Levy would given give the numbers and balance sheet hit a second thought. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 03:36:45 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: January 23, 2020, 03:41:04 PM »

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: January 23, 2020, 04:11:47 PM »

The first good point you’ve made in this thread for a long time Wink

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: January 23, 2020, 04:16:14 PM »

The first good point you’ve made in this thread for a long time Wink

?

Feel free to say what i have said that doesn't make any sense.  Which of the two is it?  Are you tanking this season or all out for a top 4 spot.   Falling into the 'death trap' of the 5th/6th spots with Thursday night football which doesn't help attract players at all is the nut worse scenario for your long term development.

If you are tanking to avoid Thurs nights for next season i couldn't argue with that.   If you are not tanking then you need a top class instant goals striker to have any chance of making the top 4.   I think your squad is so bad currently you could go for the top 4 and buy vardy or someone of similar proven EPL quality and still end up effectively 'tanking' by finishing outside the top 6 if you run bad and/or other teams run good for the rest of the season.  Probably going to need a record low 4th spot points total to get CL football next season as well.  Chelsea are regressing from their fast start relative to expectations with their kids.   It is all up for grabs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51216217

Obviously this whole discussion is based on him being fit by the end of Jan.  Given the above report it would seem that is possible.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:35:51 PM by arbboy » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: January 23, 2020, 07:29:18 PM »

He was talking about this one!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: January 23, 2020, 07:37:49 PM »

I got his 'gag' but would like to know what man u fans are wanting out of the season hence my questions.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: January 23, 2020, 07:54:51 PM »

I am curious to know if any of them really thought at any time or still think that OGS is actually the right man for the job.

To me, a somewhat impartial observer he always looked way out of his depth, even after his good start.

I reckon I could have replaced maureen and improved the atmosphere/results at OT.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: January 23, 2020, 08:19:06 PM »

I am curious to know if any of them really thought at any time or still think that OGS is actually the right man for the job.

To me, a somewhat impartial observer he always looked way out of his depth, even after his good start.

I reckon I could have replaced maureen and improved the atmosphere/results at OT.

We know never know tbh because he is managing a mid table quality squad of players in the modern day EPL.   He is overachieving in 5th currently but its a 'fake 5th' because of the tiny points total this season.  He is probably achieving what he should be with this squad but it won't be enough for the plastics who demand success.  I get the feeling the club are using him as a 'cheap' short term fix to bring the kids on then when they are closer to their prime a heavy hitter will come in and take over which is why it makes sense to 'tank' this season for me.  They have an roughly equal chance of getting champions league next year from the Europa league or thee EPL top 4 spot on the betting.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: