blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:19:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 487832 times)
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #3525 on: October 29, 2021, 12:51:10 PM »

I’m holding faith in OGS, but it starts to feel more difficult....

As much as I love Ole this is getting embarrassing now.

Would absolutely love to see Graham Potter in charge.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: October 29, 2021, 02:13:15 PM »

Oh dear....

Next up Spurs (a) and City (h).

I'll be staggered if he doesn't revert to a low block, counter attacking plan against City...

You forgot Atalanta (a).  Smiley

I’m not sure we have the personnel to play that system effectively…

I’m holding faith in OGS, but it starts to feel more difficult. The sad truth is that while we were out chasing Sancho, we forgot to look for a proper DM. Varane may or may not be the CD we need alongside Maguire, but Lindelof and Bailey definitely aren’t.
I yearn for a return of Vidic. Tbh, he’d probably improve our defence even now.

Oh, and I wouldn’t shed a tear if Pogba never played for us again.

Do you think that Pogba is no longer the same and his time has passed?

I’m sure he still has the skills, but he lacks the application and I’m sick of seeing him loping slowly back after the opponent who just took the ball from him because he wanted to make one more turn in the centre circle.

I’m holding faith in OGS, but it starts to feel more difficult....

As much as I love Ole this is getting embarrassing now.

Would absolutely love to see Graham Potter in charge.

Might as well get Moyes back. Potter is doing really well at Brighton, but then Eddie Howe was great at Bournemouth and he’s not in the frame. It’s  difficult to see a candidate that I could get excited about. I love this club, I’ve loved them for nearly fifty years, and I’ve loved them through the years of Frank O’Farrel, Dave Sexton, Wilf McGuniness and all the others that filled the role between Busby and Ferguson. There were some dark times in those days, way darker than our current dilemma of being 7th and looking like making the KO stages of the CL. SAF didn’t just walk in and start winning trophies.
I’m not comparing them. Solskjaer is not, and never will be the equal of Ferguson, But for me, the club had far more knocked out of them by Moyes, van Gaal and Mourinho than was acknowledged.

More blame for our current malaise should be laid at the feet of the board, and the inadequate Woodward.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: October 29, 2021, 11:51:45 PM »

Just because there were worse times decades ago doesn’t mean this situation is acceptable. We play poker, we know small sample when we see one and we understand EV.

PL is 9  in and United have 14 points... W4 L3. If we were running at EV we’d had about 9 points. We were extremely lucky to win vs West Ham and Wolves. Even though we ran out clear winner vs Newcastle we could have conceded 10 vs a more clinical team. Southampton draw was lucky.

In Europe we have 6 points. Should have 3 points max. Every game in Europe has been terrible and we had a very kind draw. Limping through whilst way above EV isn’t acceptable.

Moyes was never a good fit + nobody in the world was ever gonna succeed SAF.. especially when inheriting that squad.

LVG was, stubborn, tried to implement a completely different style with the wrong personnel, and wasn’t backed from higher up.

Jose was the worst fit in the world. I kinda get why at the time... serial winner and all that but is literally the opposite of ‘the United way’..

We have seen progression under Ole, we’ve also seen a way better atmosphere from within . Problem is when comparing progression with the strength of the squad. We’re nowhere near achieving what we should be.

Potter and Howe are worlds apart.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: October 30, 2021, 07:28:47 PM »

Life could be worse.

Tal knows

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: November 02, 2021, 09:53:18 PM »

Ronaldo = a freak.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: November 02, 2021, 09:57:14 PM »

Shame he causes just as many problems as he solves by never defending or pressing.  never mind stunting the development of the kids coming through.  Sells lots of shirts and has lots of followers though so it works
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: November 02, 2021, 10:24:56 PM »

Shame he causes just as many problems as he solves by never defending or pressing.  never mind stunting the development of the kids coming through.  Sells lots of shirts and has lots of followers though so it works

95.3 million followers. Insane.

@Cristiano
This Privacy Policy addresses the collection and use of personal information - http://cristianoronaldo.com/terms
facebook.com/cristianoJoined June 2010
58 Following
95.3M Followers

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: November 02, 2021, 10:28:46 PM »

@Cristiano
This Privacy Policy addresses the collection and use of personal information - http://cristianoronaldo.com/terms
58 Following
95.3M Followers

Got about 350 on Instagram Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: November 02, 2021, 10:34:31 PM »

@Cristiano
58 Following
95.3M Followers

I don't even know what Instagram is.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: November 02, 2021, 10:38:06 PM »

@Cristiano
58 Following
95.3M Followers

I don't even know what Instagram is.

Another of Zuck's firms.

Just had a look, and he has 362m followers there.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: November 09, 2021, 10:05:26 AM »

Oh dear....

I'll be staggered if he doesn't revert to a low block, counter attacking plan against City...

Oh dear again....
Not seen anything quite like that before at Old Trafford.
Incredible he keeps his job really.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: November 21, 2021, 08:17:45 AM »

Oh dear....

Oh dear again....
Not seen anything quite like that before at Old Trafford.
Incredible he keeps his job really.

He doesn’t.

Yesterday was the final straw. Eff knows who might be able to do something with this bunch of talented misfits, but we live in hope.
I see Zidane is being mentioned. Yep, that’s what we need, another supersized ego. May as well see if Zlatan fancies it.

Maybe youthinkz is right about Potter. But managing a squad that you assembled at Brighton is a long way from managing this bunch.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: November 21, 2021, 11:09:07 AM »

Is Big Ron still alive?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: November 21, 2021, 03:18:13 PM »

Get Big Sam on the blower Grin

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: November 21, 2021, 04:13:03 PM »

Get Big Sam on the blower Grin

I don't think Pardiola has much of a role right now.  Would be good to have the two great footballing brains of our generation both in Manchester. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: