blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:49:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  official thread for celery lovers
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: official thread for celery lovers  (Read 9395 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2011, 07:09:25 AM »

I think Wilkins leaving has had a negative impact on the side, how much of it was going on behind the scenes and was about to come to the fore anyway only a few could say.
Frank very underrated IMO, both as a player and how he fits into the Chelsea team/system
You might win a cup
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2011, 08:04:37 AM »

Chelsea won't win anything this season but i don't think the manager should go. I don't see how Ancelotti, a man with 2 European cups under his belt, numerous Scuedttos and the English Double in his first season in charge suddenly turns into a bad manager over the space of a few months.

And i don't buy into that crap that Ray Wilkins leaving was an issue, the mans a clown.

The one big issue imo was the injuries to Mr and Master Chelsea, Terry and Lampard. 2 players who are the absolute centre of the team and never get injured (well not for over 5 seasons both at the same time) were taken out of the team at the same time. Watching them during that period was like watching one of the Batman films if there were no Batman or Robin in them.

In saying that, the squad should be strong enough to deal with this a lot better than they did (losing nearly every game) but its not. They need investment from Abramovich desperately. The bench a lot of the time in the last 3 months has been full of nobodies/youngsters and a lot weaker than the other top 5 or 6 teams (maybe even 9 or 10) in the premiership.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:08:16 AM by Horneris » Logged

LOLICALL

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 09:20:39 AM »

Thoughts on Sturridge?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2011, 09:27:36 AM »

Fans who have just turned up in the last 5 years and think Chelsea are a big club

this

more so than any ever club

lol bullshit, quantify this.

Look at Man United, any of their fans actually live in Manc?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2011, 11:26:24 AM »

Chelsea won't win anything this season but i don't think the manager should go. I don't see how Ancelotti, a man with 2 European cups under his belt, numerous Scuedttos and the English Double in his first season in charge suddenly turns into a bad manager over the space of a few months.

And i don't buy into that crap that Ray Wilkins leaving was an issue, the mans a clown.

The one big issue imo was the injuries to Mr and Master Chelsea, Terry and Lampard. 2 players who are the absolute centre of the team and never get injured (well not for over 5 seasons both at the same time) were taken out of the team at the same time. Watching them during that period was like watching one of the Batman films if there were no Batman or Robin in them.

In saying that, the squad should be strong enough to deal with this a lot better than they did (losing nearly every game) but its not. They need investment from Abramovich desperately. The bench a lot of the time in the last 3 months has been full of nobodies/youngsters and a lot weaker than the other top 5 or 6 teams (maybe even 9 or 10) in the premiership.

Lampard has gone at the game imo. He's a shadow of the player he was 3 years ago (I thought this before his injury). Doesn't deserve to be in the team.

And Terry is definitely in decline too, obv a centre back lasts a bit longer and he'll hang around like a bad smell for 2 or 3 seasons yet, but he certainly has been exposed more times this season than over the last 4 or 5.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2011, 11:41:53 AM »

Lampard has gone at the game imo. He's a shadow of the player he was 3 years ago (I thought this before his injury). Doesn't deserve to be in the team.

And Terry is definitely in decline too, obv a centre back lasts a bit longer and he'll hang around like a bad smell for 2 or 3 seasons yet, but he certainly has been exposed more times this season than over the last 4 or 5.

Lampard definitely isn't the same he was 3/4 seasons ago but he needs time to get match fit again before we can say he doesn't deserve his place in the team. I cant think who I'd have there instead of him.

Agree re: Terry.

Brent: Just because Ancelotti has an excellent CV doesn't mean he hasn't lost control of the team.

@GreekStein on twitter.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2011, 12:02:17 PM »

Lampard definitely isn't the same he was 3/4 seasons ago but he needs time to get match fit again before we can say he doesn't deserve his place in the team. I cant think who I'd have there instead of him.

Brent: Just because Ancelotti has an excellent CV doesn't mean he hasn't lost control of the team.

Deco or Ballack would be better than Lampard for starters.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2011, 12:03:41 PM »

Ballack yes, Deco no. imo.

@GreekStein on twitter.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2011, 12:05:08 PM »

Fans who have just turned up in the last 5 years and think Chelsea are a big club

this

I don't think you've got more fans like this than utd, I'm saying I hate them more but didn't quote the hate part of camel's post

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2011, 12:24:39 PM »

no way... even now lampard is better thasn those 2. i think frank wil be fine when fully match fit and has shown glimpses of his old self last few matches.

as for terry, yes he has no pace but makes up with his reading of the game and his effort. dont agree with cos he isnt on the decline he has been our best defender by miles since his return from injury

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2011, 12:26:12 PM »

this

I don't think you've got more fans like this than utd, I'm saying I hate them more but didn't quote the hate part of camel's post

have u any proof of this gatso or is it through personal experience u come to this conclusion?

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2011, 12:30:24 PM »

this

have u any proof of this gatso or is it through personal experience u come to this conclusion?

proof that I hate your new fans more than I hate fans of other clubs? not sure such a thing exists

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2011, 12:49:33 PM »

this

proof that I hate your new fans more than I hate fans of other clubs? not sure such a thing exists

i mean that there are more at celsea than  other clubs? remember everyone was a new fan at some time ducy?

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2011, 12:53:43 PM »

sigh, read what I've written that you've quoted. specifically the bit where I say I don't think there are more

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2011, 01:36:29 PM »

this

errmmm Yes?

7,808 of them with season tickets  according to the last (only?) study of where season ticket holders for the two Manchester clubs live (2001) found that there were more Manchester Postcodes on the Old Traffod list than there were on the Maine Rd list. Yet Citeh continue to claim the 'local' tag.
Loads more in the peripheral postcodes too.

Do Chelsea fans all live in Chelsea?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: