blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:34:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Big blind STT, 5 left, blinds huge
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big blind STT, 5 left, blinds huge  (Read 12765 times)
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2005, 05:42:54 PM »

I remember it too and it was sort of explained to me, though i can't remember much.
Bit too deep for me these days.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2005, 05:44:24 PM »

It's a fantastic book, its not so much to do with the schrodinger problem, but more a discussion on particle wave duality.

Tikay another good book is, schrodinger's kittens, bet they took ages thinking that one up!!

But yeah the basic idea is that the cat is both dead and alive untill you open the box to check. In the way way that your AK has outdrawn QQ untill you deal the flop!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2005, 06:36:17 PM »

I like the one that renders movement impossible.

On the idea you can get infinately small pieces of space. If a particle moves from A to B it will pass a halfway point. Travelling from this halway point to B it will meet another halfway point and so on an infinite number of times. A particle, by definition, cannot move through infinite points so, in theory, nothing can move, ever.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 09:34:36 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2005, 06:54:04 PM »

I like the one that renders movement impossible.

On the idea you can get infinately small pieces of space. If a particle moves from A to B it will pass a halfway point. Travelling from this halway point to B it will meet another halfway point and so on and infinite number of times. A particle, by definition, cannot move through infinite points so, in theory, nothing can move, ever.

Lol yes, unless the universe is not infinite, and infinite is indeed a known sum

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2005, 07:20:08 PM »

And particles, allegedly, disappear from Point A & arrive at Point C simultaneously, without passing through the space between. It's all just beyond my tiny mind. I mean, I can't get through the entrance door on this - how do they KNOW that it's the same particle that pops up in the other place, for starters?

But I DO heartily recommend Bill Bryson's "A Short History of Nearly Everything" which does at least attempt to put this, & other stuff which is normally way above regular folks heads, into lay language. It really is THE most fascinating book, & I recommend it to anyone. I would have learned more at school from this single book than I did throughout my entire "education".

It's maybe not the greatest book ever written, though it's probably the book that has impressed me more than any other, but Chapter 9 - "The Mighty Atom" is without doubt the most fascinating, jaw-dropping, mind-blowing chapter of any book anywhere. In my opinion, I hastily add.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: