blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:43:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**  (Read 72585 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 09:00:24 AM »

I'm ignoring most of the 2011 new diaries but shall be watching this thread intently as I am also engaged and just starting to realise the financial enormity of the situation, please post any money saving tips you find along the way.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 09:07:49 AM »

I'm ignoring most of the 2011 new diaries but shall be watching this thread intently as I am also engaged and just starting to realise the financial enormity of the situation, please post any money saving tips you find along the way.

Do what MrsB and myself did. Small wedding at a townhall (We had 14 people total), pay for everyone's drinks and everyone's food (Proper meal etc, no cheap stuff) rather than invite 200 people, most of whom you don't know or don't like, to a shitty reception with a crap band and have them pay for their own drinks (WTF, is all that about? Inviting people and then saying "But you pay for your own drinks"...GTF!) . total cost approx £1200 Smiley

Have a meet with everyone you don't like, that would otherwise be invited to the reception because you happen to work with them, in the beer garden of a good pub or something like that.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 09:15:08 AM »

Lovely news - congratulations!!! X
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 09:43:11 AM »

Have a greek style wedding mate. This is what happens at ours.. the bride and groom get up to do the first dance and everyone goes and pins money on them. After that + gifts etc, the wedding almost pays for itself.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 10:00:42 AM »

Lovely news - congratulations!!! X
xx

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 10:03:16 AM »

Have a greek style wedding mate. This is what happens at ours.. the bride and groom get up to do the first dance and everyone goes and pins money on them. After that + gifts etc, the wedding almost pays for itself.

Never one to miss a trick, eh?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 10:38:01 AM »

I went to see a Greek stand up comedian once and he talked about Greek weddings, he said they were the reason most Greek blokes ended up with fat birds.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 10:39:19 AM »

I went to see a Greek stand up comedian once and he talked about Greek weddings, he said they were the reason most Greek blokes ended up with fat birds.

Greek birds >>>>>>>>>>english birds.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 10:40:39 AM »

In weight?
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 10:42:17 AM »

In weight?

Only kidding, I was paraphrasing a greek comedian after all (therefore making any racially insensitive comment perfectly ok), perhaps you could start a fit greek birds thread as I am trying to add a bit of variety into my tommy tanks. 
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2011, 10:46:43 AM »

There are plenty of tips, but probably not the right thread for them imo.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2011, 12:22:47 PM »

Hi Adam, good luck with everything.

Whereabouts in Chester do you live?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 12:27:21 PM »

21st Nov 2011 - Get married at 10am at the Little Chapel of the Flowers. Hopefully (if it's on) play the Venetian Deepstacks at midday.

You know you're on a poker forum when no-one picks up on this bit. Surely playing poker would be the last thing on your mind at this point!

Blue text
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 12:29:05 PM »

21st Nov 2011 - Get married at 10am at the Little Chapel of the Flowers. Hopefully (if it's on) play the Venetian Deepstacks at midday.

You know you're on a poker forum when no-one picks up on this bit. Surely playing poker would be the last thing on your mind at this point!

He'll sure get to play this...let him dream for now.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 12:34:08 PM »

He'll sure get to play this...let him dream for now.

lol that's why poker players should only marry other poker players - if the Venetian Deepstack isn't on - they will just find another tournament to play instead

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: