blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:33:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**  (Read 72050 times)
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2011, 12:51:33 AM »

And I still haven't.

Not long to wait...

Again. RSQ question setting should take precedent over any forum posting.

Blue text
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2011, 08:19:59 AM »

Got a wedding Q for everyone.

My missus is mad keen for there to be NO CHILDREN at our wedding, after we went to a wedding where this little sod angel decided to go and stand in the middle of the bride and groom and start screaming during key moments. This suits me, but the problem is most of my mates have just had kids and the wedding will be in Norfolk, not Sheffield, where I am from, so I think its a bit cheeky to ask them to travel and get babysitters. I reckon the happier medium would be to find some way of distracting the kids during the ceremony (she is fine for kids at the reception, just the magical moment where I make her a Shoelace she wants to be be interrupted) - any suggestions? Should we get a clown or someink? Do they do mobile creches?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2011, 09:56:24 AM »

Why would the parents of any children going to the wedding allow their child to disrupt a wedding?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2011, 10:03:30 AM »

Why would the parents of any children going to the wedding allow their child to disrupt a wedding?

I have no idea mate, but I have been to four now where there has either been a baby screaming or a toddler running up and down while the parents just idly sit there with an embarrassed "theres nothing I can do" look on their face.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2011, 10:05:59 AM »

Obv, not being a parent myself, I don't actually have an opinion on this...but

Just say "No Kids" the parents will probably love you for it as it means they can enjoy a day without kids.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2011, 10:07:07 AM »

I have no idea mate, but I have been to four now where there has either been a baby screaming or a toddler running up and down while the parents just idly sit there with an embarrassed "theres nothing I can do" look on their face.

Grrr, me too, so annoying, there is something they can do though. Take them outside for 2 mins!

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2011, 10:07:57 AM »

Although, what Boldie just said would be better for the parents etc.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2011, 10:09:12 AM »

Just say "No Kids" the parents will probably love you for it as it means they can enjoy a day without kids.

Dont think thats feasibly possible as Barry says that wedding is prob gonna be an overnighter for all persons involved.

Also, at what age do you define "kids". I know I wouldn't want babies/toddlers...but wouldnt care about 10yr olds. A family member issued a blanket "no kids" for their wedding a few years back - kids included me FFS and I was at university at the time!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2011, 10:15:23 AM »

Dont think thats feasibly possible as Barry says that wedding is prob gonna be an overnighter for all persons involved.

Also, at what age do you define "kids". I know I wouldn't want babies/toddlers...but wouldnt care about 10yr olds. A family member issued a blanket "no kids" for their wedding a few years back - kids included me FFS and I was at university at the time!

10 year olds are fine, I think its literally when they are at an age where they can ruin the ceremony is what we are looking at, so probably 0-5.

Most of my mates will be ok with the no kids policy, and as boldie says some will love it, but I have a couple of mates I reckon will find it expensive to travel, stay overnight and get a babysitter and one friend who will probably look at us like we are pure evil for suggesting her lovely littlebabywabycoochycoochycoosnuggywuggypuggybuggybabywabyprincess cant come. 
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2011, 10:17:07 AM »

You're about to get into the car to go shopping for the day just as some plonker parks his car right in front of your driveway....blocking you in.  Don't know about you, but I'm going to ask him to please move his car.  

So on a big day like your wedding, why would you be worried about stating 'no children at the ceremony' on your invitations when you know there's a chance they'll ruin it?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2011, 10:25:31 AM »

You're about to get into the car to go shopping for the day just as some plonker parks his car right in front of your driveway....blocking you in.  Don't know about you, but I'm going to ask him to please move his car.  

So on a big day like your wedding, why would you be worried about stating 'no children at the ceremony' on your invitations when you know there's a chance they'll ruin it?

Slight difference really, the first one is really ignorant and the other is a perfectly acceptable thing for my friends to be able to expect. My only real concern is that I'm asking my mates to travel quite a distance and fork out for a hotel overnight, so I think it will make it really awkward/pricier for them to also have to arrange a baby sitter.

Im not scared to tell them, if we cant think of an adequate way of isolating and distracting the babys during the ceremony we will simply be saying NO BABIES, I just dont want to have to make it a pain for them to come if I can help it.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2011, 10:35:39 AM »

Wedding in Kings Lynn Barry ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2011, 10:38:54 AM »

Looking that way yes, Gina has been looking for some fancy venues around Norfolk in general (including a windmill) but recently has started to gravitate towards Kings Lynn town hall. The pictures look good, she is going to view it next week properly - she likely to be disappointed?

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2011, 10:42:28 AM »

Ah ok.  In that case might be no harm to contact the venue where you've booked the wedding.  They may have details of qualified locals/business contacts who can help you out by setting up a sort of creche/play room at the venue with their staff.  

Qualified child care workers obv the key.  Not sure what the ratio is over there, but I know it was 1 adult to 3 infants and 1 adult to 8 pre-school children over here.  

Also, I'd be weary of bringing in some sort of clown or whatever.  As it is, the wee ones aren't going to be thrilled about an hour or two with strangers.  A clown could proper scare some of them if they haven't a parent with them.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2011, 10:45:30 AM »

Looking that way yes, Gina has been looking for some fancy venues around Norfolk in general (including a windmill) but recently has started to gravitate towards Kings Lynn town hall. The pictures look good, she is going to view it next week properly - she likely to be disappointed?

I've never been inside mate , so i couldn't say. Nakor is probably better suited than myself to give advice.Send him a PM, i'm sure he could give you some worthwhile advice/recommendations.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: