blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:36:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Transfer Window - Deadline Day
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transfer Window - Deadline Day  (Read 13707 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 11:39:18 AM »

Stephen Ireland, the Villa midfielder, is currently at Newcastle United having a medical with a view to a loan deal and Michael Bradley, the Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder, is currently at Aston Villa undergoing a medical and may complete his move soon.

(Guardian)

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 11:43:58 AM »

good player michael bradley
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 11:48:19 AM »

Andy Carroll is certainly not a £25million player, but to Newcastle he is worth £25million+.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 11:48:53 AM »

Young not for sale

@SkySportsLewis:
Sky Sports News understands Aston Villa have yet to receive an offer for Ashley Young and will not consider selling the winger.

Plus Carroll £30 million  lmao
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 11:50:27 AM »

Andy Carroll is certainly not a £25million player, but to Newcastle he is worth £25million+.
Been hearing this. I don't get it though?
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 11:51:58 AM »

Logic being he has scored goals at a good rate thi season, and played well, 6-8 more goals in the last 12-15 games from him keeps them in the Prem comforatble, thus making them a wedge.  I think.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 11:56:58 AM »

Logic being he has scored goals at a good rate thi season, and played well, 6-8 more goals in the last 12-15 games from him keeps them in the Prem comforatble, thus making them a wedge.  I think.

...and with £25-30M, he's irreplaceable?  Of course, if they can't sign anyone in time, the money's useless - but if they can get someone in time he's worth what it costs to replace him?

For Liverpool it could be argued that he's worth £25M - we have Suarez (assuming that's done and dusted and Torres leaves as expected) and not much else to offer up front.  Liverpool need another quality forward in this transfer window.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 11:57:12 AM »

Konchesky to Forest was doing the rounds in Nottingham yesterday. 3 month loan i think

Nottingham Forest's quest for a full-back is over. They have signed Paul Konchesky on loan from Liverpool.
(beeb)

sigh, such a waste. a real quality left midfielder going to yet another club to play left back where he's completerly ineffective. worst thing that could've happened to him getting capped as a defender

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 11:59:02 AM »

i know what you mean about value to newcastle  but surely with 30 points bagged and 15 games to go they will be fine? They have an OK team

Id sell in a heart beat for $30m - he is by no means a proven player of £30m category - he has really bad personality tendancies - seeems like more of a duncan ferguson than a wayne rooney imo

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 12:08:40 PM »

One for gatso:

Charlton have signed Federico Bessone on loan for the remainder of the season with the option to buy the player permanently in the summer.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 12:09:24 PM »

...and with £25-30M, he's irreplaceable?  Of course, if they can't sign anyone in time, the money's useless - but if they can get someone in time he's worth what it costs to replace him?

For Liverpool it could be argued that he's worth £25M - we have Suarez (assuming that's done and dusted and Torres leaves as expected) and not much else to offer up front.  Liverpool need another quality forward in this transfer window.

You can have Bentner for £20M as far as I'm concerned.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2011, 12:13:05 PM »

What would Rodallega cost? £15mil? Far better buy than Carroll at £25mil imo.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 12:15:26 PM »

I'd drive him up

Actually, I think he's played quite well the last couple of games.  Prob wants to impress any potential clubs.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 12:17:07 PM »

Straight swap for N'gog?

(I'd give you Babel too, but it's too late)

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 12:17:40 PM »

One for gatso:

Charlton have signed Federico Bessone on loan for the remainder of the season with the option to buy the player permanently in the summer.

yeah, waiting til the end of the day to see if I'm happy with that one. it's either superb because it allows us to move matt fry into central defence and drop one of the old boys or it's a disaster and we've signed him because west ham are recalling fry

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: